Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Mike Brown

Post by RagingBull »

strawclearer wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Strawclearer if I remember correctly when last season Veianu was interviewed by LTTV he stated that his preferred position was on the wing and if Brown does come he could possibly be there but he will have strong opposition from JPP and Adam Thompstone who are currently both in good form.
Yes - not many sides will have 4 better wingers than Veainu, JPP, Thompstone and Betham. (Still like TV at 15 though!)

Betham performances since he has joined he has looked a lot better at 13 than wing, quite like the idea of moving him to 13 as his primary role and bring in another winger.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I don't think Betham has looked good anywhere this Season .
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

L Smith wrote:
chris111 wrote:
fortysix wrote:A very well connected source tells me we are signing Mike Brown.
If its true, you read it here first
Oh and the Glos No 8 Kala ....which we are aware of anyway!
I must be doing something wrong....I've been going to WR for the best part of 20 years and have never had the merest hint from one of these well-connected sources, yet this message board seems to provide a perpetual flood from them! Mind you, my time has comprised of around 15 years on the terrace followed by a switch to the Crumbie cheap seats when my knees gave out, so that might explain it.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy reading the speculation about how Mike Brown might fit in here, but refrain from passing an opinion until the journalistic threshold of three separate - and independently verifiable - sources has been reached!
Here's an example of how it works. You said "Flood" which obviously means that you are surreptitiously hinting that Toby is on his way back. I'll quote you as an anonymous, yet well-connected source and the cycle is repeated :smt002
Ah, interesting! So if we could have an enigmatic conversation including the name "Hartley", and start a thread on the basis of this......? : :smt031 now wouldn't that be an entertaining one to read?!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

chris111 wrote:
L Smith wrote:
chris111 wrote:
I must be doing something wrong....I've been going to WR for the best part of 20 years and have never had the merest hint from one of these well-connected sources, yet this message board seems to provide a perpetual flood from them! Mind you, my time has comprised of around 15 years on the terrace followed by a switch to the Crumbie cheap seats when my knees gave out, so that might explain it.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy reading the speculation about how Mike Brown might fit in here, but refrain from passing an opinion until the journalistic threshold of three separate - and independently verifiable - sources has been reached!
Here's an example of how it works. You said "Flood" which obviously means that you are surreptitiously hinting that Toby is on his way back. I'll quote you as an anonymous, yet well-connected source and the cycle is repeated :smt002
Ah, interesting! So if we could have an enigmatic conversation including the name "Hartley", and start a thread on the basis of this......? : :smt031 now wouldn't that be an entertaining one to read?!
Yes..............be nice to read something about a new number 8!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

MikeR wrote:I don't think Betham has looked good anywhere this Season .
Agreed.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Agreed Raging I've always viewed Betham as a centre not a winger, it will be interesting to see how he combines with Mermoz.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TalkingRugbyUnion joining in:

"There are mumuors this week of a move for clubman Mike Brown, currently on duty with England, but could he be looking for pastures new.

The full-back has been with the club since 2005, but the Harlequin might be moving with countryman Ford to Leicester."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

strawclearer wrote:TalkingRugbyUnion joining in:

"There are mumuors this week of a move for clubman Mike Brown, currently on duty with England, but could he be looking for pastures new.

The full-back has been with the club since 2005, but the Harlequin might be moving with countryman Ford to Leicester."
Difficult to tell the source of rumours though. When you have some one like Fissler asking on Twitter about a rumour, things can come full circle very quickly!
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Noddy555 wrote:Agreed Raging I've always viewed Betham as a centre not a winger, it will be interesting to see how he combines with Mermoz.
A winger for me, his tackling is not good enough for a centre.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Sorry Hinckley Bob beg to disagree, granted he's had a run of poor form recently but I should try asking other teams players which Leicester Tiger player they would prefer not to be tackled by and Peter Betham comes second after Manu.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Noddy555 wrote:Sorry Hinckley Bob beg to disagree, granted he's had a run of poor form recently but I should try asking other teams players which Leicester Tiger player they would prefer not to be tackled by and Peter Betham comes second after Manu.
Betham would not be in my top 5

M Tuilagi
M Williams
D Barrow
L Hamilton
M Toomua
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

drc_007 wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Sorry Hinckley Bob beg to disagree, granted he's had a run of poor form recently but I should try asking other teams players which Leicester Tiger player they would prefer not to be tackled by and Peter Betham comes second after Manu.

M Tuilagi
M Williams
D Barrow
L Hamilton
M Toomua
And then there is

T Youngs
E Genge
M Fitzgerald
D Cole
M Ayerza
+ + +
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Hinckley Bob wrote:
drc_007 wrote:

M Tuilagi
M Williams
D Barrow
L Hamilton
M Toomua
And then there is

T Youngs
E Genge
M Fitzgerald
D Cole
M Ayerza
+ + +
I would certainly have (when fit) a Logo Mulipola on that list somewhere, certainly ahead of Betham :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
LJS

Post by LJS »

We should look at signing the young Quins fullback from last night. He was having a stormer until the incident. No wonder Brown is looking for a move...
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

LJS wrote:We should look at signing the young Quins fullback from last night. He was having a stormer until the incident. No wonder Brown is looking for a move...
Totally agree, he was excellent and apparently he's currently 3rd choice!!

Aus really rated him.

Aaron Morris I think.
Soggypitch