Harry Thacker to Gloucester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Harry Thacker to Gloucester

Post by MrPartridge »

I can't reveal my source but apparently another Tigers heading to the South West with Williams and Balmain!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Harry Thacker to Gloucester

Post by Mark62 »

MrPartridge wrote:I can't reveal my source but apparently another Tigers heading to the South West with Williams and Balmain!
Strange if true, he won't get in at hooker ahead of Hibbard, and will be behind Rowan and Kivesic at 7
snoopster

Post by snoopster »

Mark62 wrote:
MrPartridge wrote:I can't reveal my source but apparently another Tigers heading to the South West with Williams and Balmain!
Strange if true, he won't get in at hooker ahead of Hibbard, and will be behind Rowan and Kivesic at 7
Isn't Kvesic off to Exeter for next season?
Perhaps he's been offered 2nd choice hooker and 7 there... If true.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Apologies snoopster you're correct re Kevesic, Rowan has been starting ahead of him though
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Not what I have heard but we will see.

Fearns will most likely be playing 7 with Moriarty and Morgan 6 and 8.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

I heard Thacker to Sale!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

WiggoTiger wrote:I heard Thacker to Sale!
On sale to Glaws?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

If true then this is yet another instance of Tigers letting another outstanding young player leave before they have fulfilled their potential for this club; Has our academy been taking over by the RFU? If we continue in this vein I suggest we slap a minimum fee of £50K as compensation for their missed talents and as a training fee on behalf of other clubs. Except for the rare exception I don't see other clubs letting us walk away with their young talented stars! No they keep them and give them good long run outs at Aviva level before letting any other club speak to them.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I will be sorry if Harry Thacker leaves but he must do what he thinks is best for his career, he needs first team rugby. We do sign promising young players from other clubs, that is why we have Maguigan, Roberts, Kitchener, Fraser Balmaine, Owen Williams and Mike Williams. It is the nature of the professional game that sometimes at the end of a contract a player may feel that he will be more valued elsewhere. I hope this is not the case with Harry but his contract is up and if he feels the future is better with Gloucs or Worcs or Sale or any other rumoured destination it is entirely up to him.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

At least it will be one less bone of contention among Tigers fans.

My belief is if we are serious about getting back to the top of the pile we can't be sentimental and unfortunately for me Harry isn't of the standard we need.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Sorry Ourla I disagree you will be hard put to find a more talented flexible 23 years old forward playing in the Aviva Premiership with the exception of a couple of locks.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Spot on Ourla. Not big enough to play open side and as good as he is over the ball and in the open spaces, a hookers primary role is set piece and he isn't good enough at scrum time. I love the guy to bits but that's not a reason to keep him, if he is going.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Noddy555 wrote:If true then this is yet another instance of Tigers letting another outstanding young player leave before they have fulfilled their potential for this club;.
No-one except the club and Player actually know if he leaves the reason why

It could be for a number of reasons ,maybe the player thinks he's worth more than the club does in relation to a salary ? Maybe harry is insisting he wants to move on ? Maybe the club has signed a better replacement ? Maybe the coaches think he already has filled his potential and that is as good as it gets
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I don't want to be negative, but I think he has reached his potential. He isn't going to grow anymore and were it not for the unavailability of Evans and McCaffrey he would not have been the match day squad yesterday.
Some say what a talent he has that X factor, and at times yes he does. Yesterday should have been made for him but he made no impact at all coming off the bench.
At 22 if he wants to stay in union, he has all the footballing ability to learn a new position, 9 or 12 and the sooner he realises this the better
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

I have said all along on here--------Harry is far too small for a forward in todays world to play in a side that wants to compete at the very top level.

BUT at No 9 he would be a marvellous asset-------surely someone must have suggested this to him or the Coaches ???