Thank You Freddie Burns

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Thank You Freddie Burns

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Unless Tigers announce a replacement for Owen Williams in the next month or so, or another source does, then I don't buy the fact that Burns was part of the deal for Ford.

Tigers would be shooting themselves in the foot by signing a 10 who is guaranteed to be away with England and lose both their current 10s at the same time out of choice. I doubt the club think Toomua is going to be the back up 10 for next season.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes agreed, after a difficult start and some poor kicking form particularly at the beginning of season 15/16 This season Freddie has regained his form and his kicking from hand has been superb and whilst I welcome Ford;s reintroduction as a Tiger I am a little concerned as to his back up particularly as we have also parted with the services of the excellent Owen Williams who surely will succeed Dan Biggar as the Welsh fly half some day in the not to distant future. Good luck Freddie with the return to your home town club.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

MurphysLaw wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:Really sad to see him go as well. Can understand why. Has more of a chance of being first choice at Bath than here. He worked hard at getting better and did get better.
CT, I agree with you on being sad to see Freddie go,especially he has overcome injury and has shown great character to work away in difficult times. However, I am not so sure about him having more chance of being first choice at Bath. Assuming Ford continues to be picked in the England group he would have had ample opportunity to stake his claim . I think that Priestland has done just that for Bath recently. He has put in some fairly impressive performances and seems to have settled into the Bath team.
At Tigers he would have been competing with GF for 1st choice, at Bath he will be competing with Rhys Priestland. Unless you are saying that RP is on a par with GF, then Freddie must have more chance of being 1st choice at Bath. As Tigers have only small change left over from £1,000,000 from signing GF, barring a severe loss of form, GF will be 1st choice, Note that I am not saying anything about how much game time Freddie will get. That's a different story.