Wales v England

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Wales v England

Post by Chobbsy »

So do you believe Eddie Jones will go with the same starting 15 or do you think he will make changes and if so who will they be?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Wales v England

Post by LE18 »

Nowell for May and Clifford for Wood.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

LE18 wrote:Nowell for May and Clifford for Wood.
I agree, Wood will stay if fit I think, I did however think lineout and scrum worked much better when Itoje went into the second row
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

My info came from todays DT.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

LE18 wrote:My info came from todays DT.
I have no info just my thoughts, which as I am married count for nothing anyway
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Chobbsy wrote:
LE18 wrote:My info came from todays DT.
I have no info just my thoughts, which as I am married count for nothing anyway
:smt005 Brilliant :smt023
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I think Haskell will start - he made such an impact and they have a very good back row
Wood will drop out I think as he has not trained this week and missed the full on session yesterday - also, I thought he was pretty poor last weekend.

In my view, Hartley has done well since being made skipper - but last week was poor and JG was so much better when coming on - not sure he will be dropped though.

One player who needs a big game for me is Nathan Hughes - so devastating at times for Wasps but has looked a little powder puff at this level so far...
Less is more....
Wes

Post by Wes »

Heard a rumour that Wood hasn't trained this week. If true, Haskel in for him as a swap at 7. Suspect Nowell may get more of a role as well. Otherwise, Itoje up to lock and cover in the back row at 6 if we have it please!
Hartley is a good captain (it appears) but Jamie George is simply the better player - at some point he has to start but I suspect not yet...
I only live there to wind up the population!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Wes wrote:Heard a rumour that Wood hasn't trained this week. If true, Haskel in for him as a swap at 7. Suspect Nowell may get more of a role as well. Otherwise, Itoje up to lock and cover in the back row at 6 if we have it please!
Hartley is a good captain (it appears) but Jamie George is simply the better player - at some point he has to start but I suspect not yet...
I don't see Hartley being dropped, although I agree he isn't the best Hooker / player
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

More importantly, how is Dan Biggar? Will OW make his debut on the bench against his clubmates?
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Wes wrote:Heard a rumour that Wood hasn't trained this week. If true, Haskel in for him as a swap at 7. Suspect Nowell may get more of a role as well. Otherwise, Itoje up to lock and cover in the back row at 6 if we have it please!
According to the Daily Mail, Haskell will be on the bench with Clifford starting at 7. Hughes will stay at 8, and Itoje at 6. Nowell will replace May. Aside from that unchanged I think. The Daily Mail makes much of the fact that Clifford; Hughes and Itoje have only 4 caps between them in the positions they will be playing in.

Would normally be very nervous about this, but EJ seems to be somewhat mercurial, so maybe it is going to work. Oh Lord I hope so!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Hot_Charlie wrote:More importantly, how is Dan Biggar? Will OW make his debut on the bench against his clubmates?
He didn't look good when he made that final kick to touch before he crumpled and was taken off
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Hot_Charlie wrote:More importantly, how is Dan Biggar? Will OW make his debut on the bench against his clubmates?
If these 3 are missing it would be nice

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/38909812
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I suspect starting Haskell would be a big ask for him given he has barely played since a major foot injury and surgery in the summer. Having someone like him to come on and tackle everything in a red shirt as the game breaks up later on might well be on Eddie Jones mind.

The news said that Wood was with the England squad and may well be fit. If Itoje is in the back row again his (Wood) skills a line out jumper are less important and playing Clifford still leaves plenty of line out options if Itoje moves into the 2nd row as he did against France and Haskell comes on.

Will Jones want to continue the Itoje at 6 experiment against Wales. Not so sure given their strength in the back row.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Bunchy wrote:I think Haskell will start - he made such an impact and they have a very good back row
Wood will drop out I think as he has not trained this week and missed the full on session yesterday - also, I thought he was pretty poor last weekend.

In my view, Hartley has done well since being made skipper - but last week was poor and JG was so much better when coming on - not sure he will be dropped though.

One player who needs a big game for me is Nathan Hughes - so devastating at times for Wasps but has looked a little powder puff at this level so far...
Can't remember the exact source but have read that EJ has said that Haskell is not fit enough to be a starter yet.