Times report Ford on his way to Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Times report Ford on his way to Tigers

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Scott1 wrote:Who are we going to buy as our back up 10? Matt Toomua played 10 for the Brumbies and could form a MF of him ,Tuilagi and Betham also there's Bryant and Harrison but I really want to see Toomua and Tuilagi together. Toby Flood? Covers 12 too,he can bring Dusatoir with him as well!
Flood and Dusautoir is a done deal according to twitter. :smt003

We've been very lucky to have (effectively) tow international class 10s for the last 2-3 seasons (normally only one at a time). Maybe next season is the time focus elsewhere on the squad and in the meantime let Toomua and Bryant deputise during the AIs and 6N. Most clubs would be happy with a choice like that.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I'd like to see Sam Harrison given the back up role then we would have a number 21 or 22 that could fill in at fly half or scrum half and that would either free up more back sub options or play an additional forward sub.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
Scott1 wrote:Who are we going to buy as our back up 10? Matt Toomua played 10 for the Brumbies and could form a MF of him ,Tuilagi and Betham also there's Bryant and Harrison but I really want to see Toomua and Tuilagi together. Toby Flood? Covers 12 too,he can bring Dusatoir with him as well!
Flood and Dusautoir is a done deal according to twitter. :smt003

We've been very lucky to have (effectively) tow international class 10s for the last 2-3 seasons (normally only one at a time). Maybe next season is the time focus elsewhere on the squad and in the meantime let Toomua and Bryant deputise during the AIs and 6N. Most clubs would be happy with a choice like that.
What Twitter account/s have you seen this?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

@windup.hot.charlie
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38896866
Steve Diamond saying we are probably going to sign him.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Goode saying Kalamafoni and Ford are done deals.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Irrespective of my own opinion of GF and concern if he comes at the expense of FB; when GF originally left Tigers, it was at least partially because the dog would not be wagged by the tail - has the tail realised its place or has the dog rolled over?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

h's dad wrote:Irrespective of my own opinion of GF and concern if he comes at the expense of FB; when GF originally left Tigers, it was at least partially because the dog would not be wagged by the tail - has the tail realised its place or has the dog rolled over?
Only time will tell!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

h's dad wrote:Irrespective of my own opinion of GF and concern if he comes at the expense of FB; when GF originally left Tigers, it was at least partially because the dog would not be wagged by the tail - has the tail realised its place or has the dog rolled over?
Really? Ford knew he'd be second choice, new Bath had invested heavily in a number of high quality players and knew if he moved he'd be first choice under his father's guidance. Cockers even said he'd be welcomed back.

Doesn't sound like Ford was making demands of Tigers or wanting to be bigger than the team. He made a career decision and it's worked out pretty well for him with England and to a lesser degree with Bath (distinct lack of silverware).
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

There is an item on teletext today quoting that the sale coach says that Ford hasn't signed for them because in his heart he really wants to return to Leicester,let's hope he's right.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Noddy555 wrote:There is an item on teletext today quoting that the sale coach says that Ford hasn't signed for them because in his heart he really wants to return to Leicester,let's hope he's right.
Teletext? What's that?? I shall check this rumour in the Daily Mail in the morning.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

tigercaspian wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:There is an item on teletext today quoting that the sale coach says that Ford hasn't signed for them because in his heart he really wants to return to Leicester,let's hope he's right.
Teletext? What's that?? I shall check this rumour in the Daily Mail in the morning.
Save you the effort tc,

'We're well down the line with them and if we don't get the opportunity to speak to George Ford and he signs for Leicester, there is not much we can do about it. I think it is his desire to go there.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... -Ford.html

Pretty much the same thing that spicer posted earlier:
Spicer wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38896866
Steve Diamond saying we are probably going to sign him.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

TigerCaspian you must be joking, surely everyone knows what teletext is, its the text service on BBC Channels which used to be called Ceefax.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I suppose it depends on how old you are doesn't it?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Ellis 9 you should know by now that I passed my 70th birthday on the 10th of January this year, but a friend of mines' 9 year old granddaughter also consults
the teletext service as well as her ipad,Twitter and facebook.