Starting 15 for the Gloucester Game?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Starting 15 for the Gloucester Game?

Post by chris111 »

wardy wrote:You'll soon get used to it Chris. Some on here will argue the toss about anything in a most aggressive manner. The forum is becoming more elitist and puts many people off. Stick with it mate. Your opinion is just as good and valid as anyone else's.
Thanks, Wardy. There there does seem to be a handful of grumpy folk here....I was tempted initially to respond to the dressing down I received earlier by paraphrasing the inimitable Wodehouse, and comment that "it's never difficult to distinguish between a tigers' fan with a grievance and a ray of sunshine". I thought it best to hold back, though...sometimes you get a sense that a conversation is going nowhere!

Anyway, back to important matters....a pretty decent performance across the board by Tigers (starters and subs) - although probably not at a level that's going to worry Sarries and Wasps just yet! Jack Roberts continues to progress well (reminds me a little of Dan Hipkiss - and perhaps has a little more pace?). I also thought Tom Brady put in another sound performance - he's never going to attract headlines but he rarely puts a foot wrong.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Matey, this forum is becoming LESS elitist. If you were around a few years ago you would've been savaged by one of two or three big beasts for even daring to contradict them. At one point it was a war between Bill Woodward and one or two others, with only a few visiting the forum.
TBH the real nastiness has gone (BillW wasn't nasty BTW).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

jgriffin wrote:Matey, this forum is becoming LESS elitist. If you were around a few years ago you would've been savaged by one of two or three big beasts for even daring to contradict them. At one point it was a war between Bill Woodward and one or two others, with only a few visiting the forum.
It seems fairly civilised for the most part - compared to a lot of online sites. It's the only sport site I've ever contributed to - if you want to see really savage flaming then try joining a political discussion on the Washington Post! The worst I've seen here are an occasional snide (or grumpy!) comment....I reckon I can live with that.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

My advice for what it's worth. ...come on and talk about rugby and what you think about a match, the players,the opposition etc etc. Keep out of the long running sagas by certain people who seem to have little better to do with their time. Ignore the pedants and the oddballs and instead enjoy the generally interesting and informative rugby chat.

One tip that tends to work... leave a thread once it's into double figures pages because usually it's all be said by then and you only have the "axe to grind" brigade left on there. Move onto a newer one or better still sart another one, on a topic you are interested in!...... whoops .. beyond ten pages.... now time to go
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

mightymouse wrote:My advice for what it's worth. ...come on and talk about rugby and what you think about a match, the players,the opposition etc etc. Keep out of the long running sagas by certain people who seem to have little better to do with their time. Ignore the pedants and the oddballs and instead enjoy the generally interesting and informative rugby chat.

One tip that tends to work... leave a thread once it's into double figures pages because usually it's all be said by then and you only have the "axe to grind" brigade left on there. Move onto a newer one or better still sart another one, on a topic you are interested in!...... whoops .. beyond ten pages.... now time to go
Plus remember you are entitled to your opinion even if it upsets "others" who are experts and always right
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Told you guys,if you want some light modding,some match day banter,some very knowledgable posters,a match day meltdown or two get on our site,haven't saw anyone yet!!!
https://disqus.com/home/channel/dtrugbyrefugees/
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Interesting post for one so opinionated....recommending people to go elsewhere??? :smt017
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Haha! I've definitely noticed there's more of a tense mood on here,understandable with what has happened and maybe I engage my mouth before my brain but I'm a passionate tigers fan as we all are and want the best for our team. With al, our contract extensions do we know our DOR already? Simon Cohen wording got me,he said a new DOR would be in by March. In or confirmed? Because if it's in its a DOR who is out of work!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

jgriffin wrote:Matey, this forum is becoming LESS elitist. If you were around a few years ago you would've been savaged by one of two or three big beasts for even daring to contradict them. At one point it was a war between Bill Woodward and one or two others, with only a few visiting the forum.
Was that me there JG?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Especially if you happened to make an error in punctuation.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Scott1 wrote:Haha! I've definitely noticed there's more of a tense mood on here,understandable with what has happened and maybe I engage my mouth before my brain but I'm a passionate tigers fan as we all are and want the best for our team. With al, our contract extensions do we know our DOR already? Simon Cohen wording got me,he said a new DOR would be in by March. In or confirmed? Because if it's in its a DOR who is out of work!
It is my understanding that the intention is that they would be "in" by end of March - assuming the target agrees etc
Less is more....
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Chobbsy wrote:
mightymouse wrote:My advice for what it's worth. ...come on and talk about rugby and what you think about a match, the players,the opposition etc etc. Keep out of the long running sagas by certain people who seem to have little better to do with their time. Ignore the pedants and the oddballs and instead enjoy the generally interesting and informative rugby chat.

Plus remember you are entitled to your opinion even if it upsets "others" who are experts and always right
Thanks (both) for the advice. 90% of discussions here are very interesting and enjoyable...and I'd like to think that even when it does get tetchy, more often than not it's simply 'typing before thinking' rather than real malice. The '10 page rule' is a good suggestion, though- I'll try that!
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Our win over Glaaws put into perspective by their game tonight.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

TomWeston wrote:Our win over Glaaws put into perspective by their game tonight.
i think the Glaws team that came to Welford Rd may have been imposters, judging by tonight's performances!
Hope Billy Burns is ok.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Billy Burns did not look very well. Wishing a speedy recovery and a comeback when he is ready.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk