Starting 15 for the Gloucester Game?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Starting 15 for the Gloucester Game?

Post by RagingBull »

Old Hob wrote:
Jacko27 wrote:Unfortunately, Noddy, today's half time score at Exeter 21-21 (3 tries apiece) suggests that a 2/5 or even worse 5/2 points split is likely!
And so it came to pass. Exeter 5 Wasps 2 points. Chiefs go third and we are 5 behind Bath. The top 3 look a long way away.
Saying?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

3 points each great game, though Wasps will see that as 1 that got away. Sir Garner had a decent game too
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

MJB wrote:BBC have done it again - who on earth is Luke Williams? Next week I suppose it'll be Mike Hamilton!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38897744

Mike Williams did well with the boot according to the Sunday Times!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

grobyman wrote:
MJB wrote:BBC have done it again - who on earth is Luke Williams? Next week I suppose it'll be Mike Hamilton!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38897744

Mike Williams did well with the boot according to the Sunday Times!!
It's only a matter of time before they call our Welsh 10 Owain Glyndwr (Owen Glendower) Prince of Wales and Medieval Welsh nationalist leader!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

chris111 wrote:
sapajo wrote: I posted his box kicking is rubbish and I did not say he was rubbish. Glad to have the opportunity to correct your word blindness and committment to misquote me.
You also claimed his service was slow and inaccurate, he can't pass from his left hand, he loses the ball in contact and he runs down blind alleys. To all but a determined pedant, that comes across as a claim that he was "rubbish".

For that matter, your comment about Spicer 'watching a different came to you' comes across (to me, at least) as dismissive. Can't you accept that others might have a different view of what they say that has equal merit? As it happens, I'm with Spicer on Kitto's performance yesterday - but feel free to pop me in the 'Opinions that Don't Matter' category!
So you wish to try a different method to Spicer in order to mount another attempt to pervert and misrepresent what I posted, this time based upon your newly invented premise known as what "comes across to you". Well it comes across to me that you just wish to jump on the bandwagon in order to pick an argument in pursuit of your own agenda.
Try sticking to what I actually post and practice what you preach by accepting that others have a different opinion to you and it is of equal merit.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Mark62 wrote:3 points each great game, though Wasps will see that as 1 that got away. Sir Garner had a decent game too
Shame. Needed Wasps to win and leave Exeter with nothing.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

sapajo wrote:
chris111 wrote:
sapajo wrote: I posted his box kicking is rubbish and I did not say he was rubbish. Glad to have the opportunity to correct your word blindness and committment to misquote me.
You also claimed his service was slow and inaccurate, he can't pass from his left hand, he loses the ball in contact and he runs down blind alleys. To all but a determined pedant, that comes across as a claim that he was "rubbish".

For that matter, your comment about Spicer 'watching a different came to you' comes across (to me, at least) as dismissive. Can't you accept that others might have a different view of what they say that has equal merit? As it happens, I'm with Spicer on Kitto's performance yesterday - but feel free to pop me in the 'Opinions that Don't Matter' category!
So you wish to try a different method to Spicer in order to mount another attempt to pervert and misrepresent what I posted, this time based upon your newly invented premise known as what "comes across to you". Well it comes across to me that you just wish to jump on the bandwagon in order to pick an argument in pursuit of your own agenda.
Try sticking to what I actually post and practice what you preach by accepting that others have a different opinion to you and it is of equal merit.
I tend to agree that his service is, for the most part, slow. His box kicks need work and he is, quite often (but not always), ponderous at the breakdown.

On the flip side, his work rate was good, his sniping was excellent yesterday, he should have had a try (if it wasn't for a dubious call from the TMO and he came away in credit overall. We need to remember that he was brought in as a project player and will not be the finished article.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

longlivethecrumbie.....that is weird, sounded just like an echo from yesterday... :smt006
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

jgriffin wrote:longlivethecrumbie.....that is weird, sounded just like an echo from yesterday... :smt006
Certainly a recurring theme!
It's often near impossible to make judgements on team performance given just how much is asked of the them at times.
The forwards are expected to be almost super human at times and the backs expected to exit effectively against what are some of the quickest (offside) defenders you'll ever see.
Exiting from 9 under pressure or tactical play in attack has been found wanting for quite a while and you have to wonder how our team might perform with a Wigglesworth or De Kock type scrum half!
How many times have we seen our forwards work their way up the field and then run out of steam just short of the line!
Our 9's don't take the game by the scruff, Harrison often attempts to do so and then gets benched, no idea if that's them or simply constrained by orders!
I think a team under an Ellis or Healey influence would run rings around some of our current tactics!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BFG wrote:
jgriffin wrote:longlivethecrumbie.....that is weird, sounded just like an echo from yesterday... :smt006
It's often near impossible to make judgements on team performance given just how much is asked of the them at times.
The forwards are expected to be almost super human at times and the backs expected to exit effectively against what are some of the quickest (offside) defenders you'll ever see.
Exiting from 9 under pressure or tactical play in attack has been found wanting for quite a while and you have to wonder how our team might perform with a Wigglesworth or De Kock type scrum half!
How many times have we seen our forwards work their way up the field and then run out of steam just short of the line!
Our 9's don't take the game by the scruff, Harrison often attempts to do so and then gets benched, no idea if that's them or simply constrained by orders!
I think a team under an Ellis or Healey influence would run rings around some of our current tactics!
My OP was a private reference to a conversation. :smt017
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

jgriffin wrote:
BFG wrote:
My OP was a private reference to a conversation. :smt017
OK, just reminded me of a conversation I had yesterday regarding forwards being asked to knock lumps out of each other in midfield with the corners exposed.
I'll give you some privacy! :smt039
By the way I understand why you may not have got my little rant but having played up front once upon a time if I had to play with some of these 9's they would certainly get it!
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

scrum1/2 wrote:
Kittos disallowed try - if the player "blocking" did not move into the player moving to make the tackle which he appeared not to then why is this a penalty- I thought that players did not have to move out of the way but could not change direction to block a player??
It was a penalty as Hamilton was in an offside position. If a team is attacking and a defender is in the way then the defender does not have to move out of the way but cannot change direction to block a player. Therefore in this case Hamilton was in front of the ball carrier and therefore offside and obstructing.

Your other question I have no idea why the ref didnt ping the Glos player. I would need to see a reply but only saw it live.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Doghashadhisday wrote:It was a penalty as Hamilton was in an offside position.
Not offside as it was open play, but you are right as he was in front of the ball carrier preventing a tackle therefore blocking/crossing. Had he been behind the ball carrier - play on.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

sapajo wrote: So you wish to try a different method to Spicer in order to mount another attempt to pervert and misrepresent what I posted, this time based upon your newly invented premise known as what "comes across to you". Well it comes across to me that you just wish to jump on the bandwagon in order to pick an argument in pursuit of your own agenda.
My apologies if it comes across otherwise - I thought I was 'practising as I preached' by accepting all opinions. I agreed with you about Kitto's box kicking and disagreed with you about the rest - and thought my tone made it pretty clear that we are all entitled to our opinions!

As for joining 'a bandwagon' - sorry, but I've not got a clue what you mean by that. I'm new to this forum - is there a 'Kitto for Captain' campaign going on that I'm unaware of?!
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

You'll soon get used to it Chris. Some on here will argue the toss about anything in a most aggressive manner. The forum is becoming more elitist and puts many people off. Stick with it mate. Your opinion is just as good and valid as anyone else's.
Give blood, play rugby!!