Starting 15 for the Gloucester Game?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Starting 15 for the Gloucester Game?

Post by Big Dai »

BFG Wrote:- Nothing wrong here, well nothing that a bottle of Remy and a visit to the local dance whilst undressing establishment with a tube of deep heat wouldn't cure anyway!

Never mind the "dance whilst undressing." Keep your mits off me favourite tipple! :smt030 Didn't see any thing of today's game but kept in touch with the Twitter feed via Posh Richard's mobile whilst plundering Cardiff.....now in a black cab being transported back to Aber.

Well pleased at the result especially with Posh Richard's affiliation with the Cherry an White.

We'll be off to the "One Eyed Turk" tomorrow to watch the Sweaties and the Frogs. Great day today....plus the rumour that Wuss turned over Sarries? Brucie Bonus! :smt026
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Big Dai wrote:plus the rumour that Wuss turned over Sarries? Brucie Bonus! :smt026
More than a rumour, fact :smt003 24-18 :smt023

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/wo ... cens/77617
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Big Dai wrote:BFG Wrote:- Nothing wrong here, well nothing that a bottle of Remy and a visit to the local dance whilst undressing establishment with a tube of deep heat wouldn't cure anyway!

Never mind the "dance whilst undressing." Keep your mits off me favourite tipple! :smt030 Didn't see any thing of today's game but kept in touch with the Twitter feed via Posh Richard's mobile whilst plundering Cardiff.....now in a black cab being transported back to Aber.

Well pleased at the result especially with Posh Richard's affiliation with the Cherry an White.

We'll be off to the "One Eyed Turk" tomorrow to watch the Sweaties and the Frogs. Great day today....plus the rumour that Wuss turned over Sarries? Brucie Bonus! :smt026
We also had a good day at WR today with some good laughs, couldn't stop laughing when someone said 12T is Gloucester's best player, funniest thing was he was absolutely spot on! :smt043
Last edited by BFG on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Cilliers was excellent, as was Roberts IMO. I wasn't a Kitto fan before today but thought he did well and showed a lot more promise.

Have we found a No 8 in Hamilton?

Agree with others that we got a bit of a bad rub on decisions.

Still concerns me that we do things like the Hamilton knock on after the first try and the Smith offside pen in the second half. Cheap errors that better sides than Gloucester will lap up.

Oh and Tom Youngs looks like the weight of the world is on his shoulders.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Excellent result today let's hope we repeat it next week and that Wasps wallop Exeter tomorrow then we will be only 3 points behind Exeter who we face at Welford Road on Friday the 3rd of March and 5 behind Barf who we've also still got to play. Good result and a bit of a shock from Worcester narrowly edging Sarries at Sixways.
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

ourla wrote:Cilliers was excellent, as was Roberts IMO. I wasn't a Kitto fan before today but thought he did well and showed a lot more promise.

Have we found a No 8 in Hamilton?

Agree with others that we got a bit of a bad rub on decisions.

Still concerns me that we do things like the Hamilton knock on after the first try and the Smith offside pen in the second half. Cheap errors that better sides than Gloucester will lap up.

Oh and Tom Youngs looks like the weight of the world is on his shoulders.

Kitto will improve with experience. There has been a lot of adverse comment about him, he has very few starts, most appearances have been largely bit parts. I am sure he will improve with exposure.
Hamilton has been the surprise for me, he is rapidly developing into a very good and reliable player. Yes one brain fart yesterday, but was very unlucky with the disallowed try, he was standing still!

I have commented on Tom Youngs on a the thread that has just started re him.

The ref made some strange ones, some very long knock on advantages played!
MJB

Post by MJB »

BBC have done it again - who on earth is Luke Williams? Next week I suppose it'll be Mike Hamilton!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38897744
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

It was like old times again, Tigers getting a bonus point win with the last play. Some very good performances from "second choice" players, especially Rizzo, Cilliers and Kitto, who I thought had his best game in a Tigers shirt. Another excellent game from Hamilton.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I have to agree with Cilliers Kitty and Rizzo. All played well. I thought Tom had his best game for some time.
Absolutely right about the decision against Genge by the ref ... total nonsense... pulled down clearly by Glaws 3 who went on to offend twice more I think. Some of these refs really need an education the the front row... and in my view they should go on a course where they are forced into actually scrummaging themselves ...they night learn something
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

sapajo wrote: I posted his box kicking is rubbish and I did not say he was rubbish. Glad to have the opportunity to correct your word blindness and committment to misquote me.
You also claimed his service was slow and inaccurate, he can't pass from his left hand, he loses the ball in contact and he runs down blind alleys. To all but a determined pedant, that comes across as a claim that he was "rubbish".

For that matter, your comment about Spicer 'watching a different came to you' comes across (to me, at least) as dismissive. Can't you accept that others might have a different view of what they say that has equal merit? As it happens, I'm with Spicer on Kitto's performance yesterday - but feel free to pop me in the 'Opinions that Don't Matter' category!
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Hinckley Bob wrote:It was like old times again, Tigers getting a bonus point win with the last play. Some very good performances from "second choice" players, especially Rizzo, Cilliers and Kitto, who I thought had his best game in a Tigers shirt. Another excellent game from Hamilton.
Agreed - and although I think Genge is an exciting prospect for the future, it was perhaps notable that we started going backwards in the scrum when he came on, having destroyed them in the first half. I hope those criticising Mauger here earlier in the week for not starting with Genge will acknowledge he might have had a point!
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

Unfortunately, Noddy, today's half time score at Exeter 21-21 (3 tries apiece) suggests that a 2/5 or even worse 5/2 points split is likely!
scrum1/2
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by scrum1/2 »

Good to see the players committed and up for the game yesterday. Hopefully now the platform for the rest of the season.

2 questions I hope those who know the laws of the game more than me can answer

At one point one of the Gloucester players stood at the side of the ruck and blocked the pass from Kitto- surely he was not allowed to be there or am I missing something as the ball was on the floor and still in the ruck?

Kittos disallowed try - if the player "blocking" did not move into the player moving to make the tackle which he appeared not to then why is this a penalty- I thought that players did not have to move out of the way but could not change direction to block a player??
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Jacko27 wrote:Unfortunately, Noddy, today's half time score at Exeter 21-21 (3 tries apiece) suggests that a 2/5 or even worse 5/2 points split is likely!
And so it came to pass. Exeter 5 Wasps 2 points. Chiefs go third and we are 5 behind Bath. The top 3 look a long way away.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

chris111 wrote:
sapajo wrote: I posted his box kicking is rubbish and I did not say he was rubbish. Glad to have the opportunity to correct your word blindness and committment to misquote me.
You also claimed his service was slow and inaccurate, he can't pass from his left hand, he loses the ball in contact and he runs down blind alleys. To all but a determined pedant, that comes across as a claim that he was "rubbish".

For that matter, your comment about Spicer 'watching a different came to you' comes across (to me, at least) as dismissive. Can't you accept that others might have a different view of what they say that has equal merit? As it happens, I'm with Spicer on Kitto's performance yesterday - but feel free to pop me in the 'Opinions that Don't Matter' category!
I thought Kitto played alright, the odd mistake but there isn't a player on the park who doesn't make mistakes given the pace they try and play at nowadays.
What is evident though which is particularly important for half backs is when the game breaks up or your team slows down for a period as was the case yesterday then you are relying on the half backs to control the game and Kitto didn't do that yesterday, in particular I point to the third quarter when Gloucester really could've won the match.
I thought Owen Williams controlled the game well from Tigers perspective but Kitto couldn't really take that responsibility as things like his box kicking and vision for field position aren't up to a great standard.
It's something I believe Leicester have been missing a trick in for several years which is controlling field position from 9!
Harrison is a better kicker than given credit for and also has the cojones for it!
Kitto is quick and a sniping type scrum half though and also gives good support as a link player when in behind.
I guess it's what you value most personally that makes you rate a player highly or not!
Last edited by BFG on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.