Starting 15 for the Gloucester Game?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: Starting 15 for the Gloucester Game?

Post by BFG »

tigercaspian wrote:Great,isn't it? Bonus point win, everything we could have asked for (including Saints losing), and we're still bickering!!
Nothing wrong here, well nothing that a bottle of Remy and a visit to the local dance whilst undressing establishment with a tube of deep heat wouldn't cure anyway!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

L Smith wrote:
sapajo wrote:
Spicer wrote:So 34-9 win and a pretty comfortable one as well. Good 5 points.
Most people on here were slating the selection of Kitto before the match but I think he played very well. He stopped two tries, made a few good runs, was unlucky with the disallowed try, accurate passing but his box kicking does need work.

Kitto played very well???? So you did not watch the same game as me, his rubbish telegraphed box kicks,slow service inaccurate, inability to pass from his left hand and failure to retain the ball in contact and run down blind alleys.
+1. Very low quality option. Shazam made the difference
Not sure how Harrison made the difference as he was brought on for Brady and was out on the wing.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Kitto was OK, some good snipes, too slow to the breakdown and clear, some stuff that experience would solve i.e. when to exit a maul.
Thought it was an old-fashioned Tiger performance, good forwards work, proper mauls, Bozza working magic, this is not how the new Tigers style was supposed to be, but it warms the heart!
After the break couldn't understand how we'd lost our edge, was there a tactical alteration?
Rizzo is a class act IMO.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I thought Kitto was in credit by the end of the match, picked out ball carriers hitting the line nicely in the first half and made a couple of critical tackles.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tigerbeat wrote:
L Smith wrote:
sapajo wrote:

Kitto played very well???? So you did not watch the same game as me, his rubbish telegraphed box kicks,slow service inaccurate, inability to pass from his left hand and failure to retain the ball in contact and run down blind alleys.
+1. Very low quality option. Shazam made the difference
Not sure how Harrison made the difference as he was brought on for Brady and was out on the wing.

LOL.

Was funny watching Tait telling Harrison to drop deeper, harrison didn't seem to hear though.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

jgriffin wrote:Kitto was OK, some good snipes, too slow to the breakdown and clear, some stuff that experience would solve i.e. when to exit a maul.
Thought it was an old-fashioned Tiger performance, good forwards work, proper mauls, Bozza working magic, this is not how the new Tigers style was supposed to be, but it warms the heart!
After the break couldn't understand how we'd lost our edge, was there a tactical alteration? I
Rizzo is a class act IMO.
Indeed it seems Tigers have reverted back to type but I guess with Deacon, stankovitch, Allen, Murphy and Blaze as coaches it's to be expected. Maybe Mauger has settled for the status quo. Rizzo has impressed me, he is Lazarus, amazing comeback after 2 ACL rebuilds on the same knee and after nearly 2 seasons out.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Well, I've just got home from the match, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Best I've seen us play for ages. We took 5 points off a team who would probably consider themselves to be a 'top club'. We fans might whinge about bits and pieces but it was a good performance and I'm looking forward to another five points next week.
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

I might be wrong (and I'm sure I'll be told if so) but i think our scrum has improved a great deal since Boris has taken the reins. The ref was pants on a few decisions, one of which said genge pulled down a scrum. Clearly didn't imho.

Enjoyed the game overall. I think kitto had a mixed game. Was impressed with the determination not to give a try away,and without conceding too many penalties.

Follow that with a late win over wales and the day can barely get better!

By the way, was it me or did the ref call a penalty advantage for us over quickly and without any real advantage, and then a couple of minutes later let them have a long scrum advantage and then let them come back to the scrum?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Gloucester are the poorest away side that I have seen at WR so far this season but as they say you can only play what is in front of you!
I thought Leicester did a good job up front early on but were a bit slow with three locks on the occasions when the game broke up and after half time, Gloucester had several fairly simple chances which were all blown.
Second half was very scrappy and I thought it was over when Leicester kicked out on the full with only a few minutes left but Gloucester were so bad they gave us another shot at a BP.
It's great fun seeing backs enter the maul and don't know why sides don't do it more often!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

parkerd68 wrote:I might be wrong (and I'm sure I'll be told if so) but i think our scrum has improved a great deal since Boris has taken the reins. The ref was pants on a few decisions, one of which said genge pulled down a scrum. Clearly didn't imho.

Enjoyed the game overall. I think kitto had a mixed game. Was impressed with the determination not to give a try away,and without conceding too many penalties.

Follow that with a late win over wales and the day can barely get better!

By the way, was it me or did the ref call a penalty advantage for us over quickly and without any real advantage, and then a couple of minutes later let them have a long scrum advantage and then let them come back to the scrum?
There were several wierd decisions from the Ref I failed to figure the one towards the end when Kitto I think kicked straight out just outside of his 22 on the CAT stand side but the Touch Judge pulled back to 2metres inside the 22? :smt017 Kitto's try was a harse decision by the TMO as he beat 3 Glous players after passing Hamilton.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Rizzo deserves a contract extension. He could still be very valuable to the club. Cilliers is beginning to hit some form too. We looked like we had an international front row today.

Overall a decent performance from all the side today. Kitto's box kicking is in massive need of work, but otherwise he put in a spritely performance. Considering our backs had more ball than they have had most of the season I think some people's opinions might just not be for changing. A couple of key defensive efforts too. Roberts still gives a spark of excitement whenever he gets the ball and Thompstone and Brady were their normal, industrious selves.

Tempest's implementation of the advantage was somewhat confusing. As was his inability to sanction the continuous high tackles of Gloucester.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Well that was thoroughly enjoyable. Owen Williams looked more like the very good fly half we knew he could be but until today had played with shackles on. Kitto, no matter what some have said, showed true Tiger spirit: his two try saving tackles were top class and he will get better with more game time. The forwards played more as a unit and the backs at least tried to run onto the ball instead of receive it standing still. I would still like to see McCaffery in the squad and I would just let Tom Youngs play and give the captaincy to Barrow because Tom rarely gets the players together when penalties are conceded. Some have said Gloucester was poor: well that was pretty much their first team and they had far more confidence coming into the game than we did. Well done Tigers and to everyone who loudly cheered the lads on.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

wormus wrote:
parkerd68 wrote:Kitto's try was a harse decision by the TMO as he beat 3 Glous players after passing Hamilton.
It may have been a harsh decision but Hamilton was in front of the ball carrier and prevented a Gloucester player from making the tackle. Whether he would have made the tackle is debatable but there was some obstruction.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

A very HAPPY Wiggotiger tonight, an enjoyable match at WR with a TBP win. Left it late though to claim the 5 points, Gloucs were terrible they kicked possession away more than we did.
Kitto unlucky not to get try, Gloucs players whinging at ref brought TMO into play. Roberts outstanding today, Youngs throws were dodgy at crucial times yet again!!
England winning also made my Saturday a happy one for once. :smt002 :smt002 :smt023 :smt030
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

WiggoTiger wrote: Youngs throws were dodgy at crucial times yet again!!
:smt002 :smt002 :smt023 :smt030
You sound like the person who sits behind me. Always moaning about Tom Youngs. Youngs only had one bad throw but McGuigan had two. No moans about McGuigans throw but one mistake by Tom and that's all people see. Also Tom gave away one penalty but the guy behind imagined he is a serial offender.