Better news than Mermoz!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Better news than Mermoz!

Post by Iain »

As it goes, we DO have a chance of winning the league. I grant you we'd get long odds from the bookies, but it's not ridiculous to suggest we could. The signing of Mermoz and the imminent return of JP and Veainu should give us a boost. The fixture list is pretty much as generous as we could hope for. If we can sneak fourth then the preceding months can be cast aside - at that point we're 160 minutes from the title.

I don't think it will happen either. But it COULD.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Noddy555 wrote:I don't know Hinckley Bob if they had admitted that we have very little chance of winning anything remotely important this season some people would have respected them for displaying honesty.
Imagine being in a small, say 50 employee, family friendly company. The board call a company meeting and say to the assembled audience that not only has your performance in the last 6 months being poor, we have no faith in you as a group that you can make it any better, and there are going to be some changes but we can't tell you what they are. Now go back to work.

Some may see it as a challenge to prove the board wrong, or others might see it that their work and effort is not valued so why bother. It is a risky strategy for the board to take, as opposed to saying to them things are not right but we back you as individuals and the few changes we will make are going to improve things. We are right behind you, and let's surprise a few people who have written us off.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

rdracup I admire your optimism but have a gut feeling the only silverware we are going to see this season, is possibly the Anglo Welsh Trophy and hopefully a 4th place finish in the Aviva, I'm afraid that's all we can hope for.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Noddy555 wrote:rdracup I admire your optimism but have a gut feeling the only silverware we are going to see this season, is possibly the Anglo Welsh Trophy and hopefully a 4th place finish in the Aviva, I'm afraid that's all we can hope for.
I don't think we disagree on the likely best outcome, my point was the board are not in cloud cuckoo land and the team deserve the backing of all, supporters, board et al in these difficult times. They only time I would respect the board for publicly writing off our chances is when trophies are mathematically unachievable. Backing the team is not the same as saying nothing should change. That holds true of loyal supporters on this forum as well as the board.