Tigers v Saints AWC Saturday 28th Jan.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tigers v Saints AWC Saturday 28th Jan.

Post by wormus »

Oh no it's the Referee we had at Racing92 Ben Whitehouse on Saturday Ugh!
But what team will we put out? or what team are we able to put out prising players off the treatment table?
Will Marcos Ayerza, Telusa Veainu,Catchpole, Bryant, Croft?, Rizzo be back. Is it too soon for JPP? I expect Harrison or H Thacker to Captain. Kitchener, Wells & Charlie Thacker + Worth, Evans & Development / Academy to feature. This may be our only chance @ EPNS silverware! :smt001
kelmat

Re: Tigers v Saints AWC Saturday 28th Jan.

Post by kelmat »

wormus wrote:Oh no it's the Referee we had at Racing92 Ben Whitehouse on Saturday Ugh!
But what team will we put out? or what team are we able to put out prising players off the treatment table?
Will Marcos Ayerza, Telusa Veainu,Catchpole, Bryant, Croft?, Rizzo be back. Is it too soon for JPP? I expect Harrison or H Thacker to Captain. Kitchener, Wells & Charlie Thacker + Worth, Evans & Development / Academy to feature. This may be our only chance @ EPNS silverware! :smt001
I want us to put a side out that will take the game by the scruff of the neck and show to the supporters that they do care about the club, the shirt and the chance of winning some silver ware !
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

wormus wrote:Oh no it's the Referee we had at Racing92 Ben Whitehouse on Saturday Ugh!
Ayerza - Maybe
Veainu - still around 3 weeks away
Catchpole - out for season
Bryant - not sure
Croft - not sure
Rizzo - Maybe
JPP - still 3 weeks away

Would go
1) Rizzo, 2) Thacker, 3) Cilliers
4) Barrow, 5) Kitchener
6) Croft/McCaffrey, 7) Evans, 8) Hamilton
9) Harrison, 10) Burns (BUT prob Worth due to depht)
12) Smith, 13) Roberts
11) Yawayawa, 14) Brady, 15) Tait/Worth

16) McGuigan, 17) Marcos/Bateman, 18) Bateman/Betts
18) Fitzgerald, 19) BOC/MCCaffrey maybe Fred Jnr depending on depth
20) Kitto, 21) Hardwick/Tait, 23) Charlie Thacker
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

kelmat wrote:
I want us to put a side out that will take the game by the scruff of the neck and show to the supporters that they do care about the club, the shirt and the chance of winning some silver ware !
Don't risk Shazam.He is our only 9/10 backup resource with any confirmed Tigerishness currently. Kitto at 9, yes to Wells, Barrow and Thacker, and anyone off the treatment table who needs 20 mins. TV is still a couple of weeks away?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

RagingBull wrote:
Ayerza - Maybe
Bryant - not sure
Croft - not sure
Rizzo - Maybe
JPP - still 3 weeks away

Would go
4) Barrow, 5) Kitchener
12) Smith, 13) Roberts

No place for your favourite typo Joe Maksymiw?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

drc_007 wrote:
RagingBull wrote:
Ayerza - Maybe
Bryant - not sure
Croft - not sure
Rizzo - Maybe
JPP - still 3 weeks away

Would go
4) Barrow, 5) Kitchener
12) Smith, 13) Roberts

No place for your favourite typo Joe Maksymiw?

Nope not until he changes his name.

But seriously he had a pretty bad injury v bath so not sure on his fitness.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote:
Ayerza - Maybe
Bryant - not sure
Croft - not sure
Rizzo - Maybe
JPP - still 3 weeks away

Would go
4) Barrow, 5) Kitchener
12) Smith, 13) Roberts

Can Catchpole get a break, seems to always be injured :smt009

Also haven't Veainu and JPP been about 3 weeks away for about a month :smt017
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I spoke to Tom Croft at the 96 Coffee Bar after the match last Saturday and he assured me he would be playing this coming week against Saints.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

On the face of it this match is the same as last week. It doesn't matter what the 23 is, it's how they perform. Given what happened last week one can only wait in trepidation.

On the other hand this match probably has as much significance in the long run. Maybe Murphy can actually provide some inspiration to a team that has clearly not responded well in the short spell with Maugers in charge. With so many people talking of a clean sweep oit among the coaching staff maybe Murphy can put out a flag to say not all is rotten with the ex-player crowd.

Same on the playing front. We would expect some changes anyway - heavens knows there must be some physically and mentally distraught players out there. But it's really important to ascertain who as something left and what mix of youth and experience gives us the chance of the best outcome. It's not a time to be blase about squad and team selection.

There has been a lot of quite legitimate talk of Tigers beging in disarray aswell as some hysteria. It's probably good that it's against Saints. It wouldn't make up for the recent performances but a performance and a win would help to stop that freefall, provided a chink of light, something to hold on to.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I don't really want any of the pathetic players from last week playing this. Given how bad our team is playing I think this this should be used as a chance for the reserves/youngesters to show why they should be playing in the premiership after the 2 cup matches.
I'd go
Cillers Thacker Betts
Maksymiw Barrow
Croft Fr Tuilagi Evans

Kitto
Burns/Bryant
Smith
Thacker
Yawayawa Worth Olowofela

Subs: McGuigan, Ayerza, Bateman, Wells, Owen, Harrison, Burns/Bryant/hardwick, Olowofela(The other one)
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

kpj tiger wrote: Also haven't Veainu and JPP been about 3 weeks away for about a month :smt017
I spoke to JPP On Saturday and he said he is targeting the Bristol game as a comeback
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Freddie Tuilagi is not nor will he ever be good enough for 1st team rugby, Anglo Welsh or not
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

If the spirit of this competition is to be obeyed then both sides have to play at least 5 under 23 yrs old players and five others who are not first team regulars
must also be included in the squad. If that is the case then I would back our youngsters against the Saints youngsters any day of the week. We could play both Thackers, Catchpole, Roberts and Genge all who are aged 23 or younger plus Kitto
as scrum half I'm not sure of his age. Pat Cilliers who is not a first team regular partnering Genge & Thacker in the front row and Evans and Hamilton in the back row. A first 15 like this would more than comply with the rules and spirit of the competition. Of course there would still be room for Burns at fly half but I would have him on the subs bench and give Sam Harrison a shot again at the no,10 spot.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Noddy555 wrote:If the spirit of this competition is to be obeyed then both sides have to play at least 5 under 23 yrs old players and five others who are not first team regulars
must also be included in the squad. If that is the case then I would back our youngsters against the Saints youngsters any day of the week. We could play both Thackers, Catchpole, Roberts and Genge all who are aged 23 or younger plus Kitto
as scrum half I'm not sure of his age. Pat Cilliers who is not a first team regular partnering Genge & Thacker in the front row and Evans and Hamilton in the back row. A first 15 like this would more than comply with the rules and spirit of the competition. Of course there would still be room for Burns at fly half but I would have him on the subs bench and give Sam Harrison a shot again at the no,10 spot.
Catchpole has a season ending knee injury, won't Genge be away with England...
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Sorry drc-7 I didn't know about Catchpole's injury as regards Genge I thought that the England players didn't have to join up until Monday the 31st of January?