Tigers v Saints AWC Saturday 28th Jan.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tigers v Saints AWC Saturday 28th Jan.

Post by Qbec »

Maybe not a lot of finesse but plenty of passion & commitment pleased with the way all have put in for the Tigers today
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

tigercaspian wrote:Roberts MoM? Good but thought Fitzgerald was brilliant throughout
Fitzgerald wasn't even in the squad :smt042
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

tigercaspian wrote:Roberts MoM? Good but thought Fitzgerald was brilliant throughout
Barrow?
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Fitzgerald would indeed be MOTM to get the award when he didn't even play - barrow perhaps
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Barrow and Hamilton both excellent. Both Yellows spot on Rizzo took a run up and never wrapped his right arm
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

That was so much better. I said before the match that our back-up and kids have a chance to prove themselves, they did that thoroughly.
It wasn't perfect in defense still, but we controlled most of the match.
Some great performances I thought from Barrow, Wells, Thackers, Kitto, Evans (hope injury isn't as bad as it looked), Croft, Hamilton, Roberts, Rizzo (despite the yellow), Williams and Balmain.
I honestly thought the ref was good, credit where it's due.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Small steps against a strong Saints side, only real downside was Will Evans injury didn't look great
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Oops! Hamilton, sorry!! I'll go and lie down for a while......
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Greenwhiteandred wrote:Call me old fashioned for Dickson was on the wrong side and therefore fair game especially as Rizzo looked like he attempted to wrap - not a yellow in my opinion
DickINson was, but Stains were for most of the match.

I'm glad he kept feeling his kidneys for the next 20 minutes.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tigers now qualified for the semi finals. A win at Saracens or some points may secure a hime semi.
Gloucester can equal Tigers on points but Tigers have won three matches to Gloucesters one, so cannot be caught.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

For the many who were not there from the empty seats of which there were many it was extremely poor quality match in the main.
Thacker's try was a clear double movement and I lost count of how many times he get held up and turned over today.
Hamilton was excellent once again and man of the match IMO and Roberts did well against a quick and incisive set of Saints backs.
Barrow worked his socks off and McGuigan brought some physicality and really tested his lineout throwing showing good intent in going for the back instead of the safe option at the front, McGuigan ran over someone to get the momentum going for Thacker's try, no idea who it was but they got flattened, exactly what the senior side have been missing. McGuigan should play more IMO as he has potential.
Owen Williams pulled the strings well but IMO Kitto has to be up there with the worst signings Leicester have ever made.
I would've replaced Tait with Worth at half time.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Roberts came off with the Man of the Match bottle of whisky.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

BFG wrote:For the many who were not there from the empty seats of which there were many it was extremely poor quality match in the main.
Thacker's try was a clear double movement and I lost count of how many times he get held up and turned over today.
Hamilton was excellent once again and man of the match IMO and Roberts did well against a quick and incisive set of Saints backs.
Barrow worked his socks off and McGuigan brought some physicality and really tested his lineout throwing showing good intent in going for the back instead of the safe option at the front, McGuigan ran over someone to get the momentum going for Thacker's try, no idea who it was but they got flattened, exactly what the senior side have been missing. McGuigan should play more IMO as he has potential.
Owen Williams pulled the strings well but IMO Kitto has to be up there with the worst signings Leicester have ever made.
I thought (as did the ref) that whilst Thacker was tackled short of the line he was driven over by Rizzo.
I think Barrow is exactly the sort of player that Tigers have been missing of late, hitting breakdowns, smashing into tackles and general putting Tigers on the front foot and clearing players out. Not the glamorous stuff but absolutely essential.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

BFG wrote:For the many who were not there from the empty seats of which there were many it was extremely poor quality match in the main.

Thacker try wasn't a double movement.
Kitto is hardly up there with the likes of Schuster.

Agree with Tait and Worth also for me would of subbed Smith and Charlie Thacker earlier personally.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Spicer wrote:
Fitzgerald wasn't even in the squad :smt042
Correct, maybe that's why he looked good ha, ha :smt043 :smt043 :smt043
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.