Tigers v Saints AWC Saturday 28th Jan.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints AWC Saturday 28th Jan.

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Lammy wrote:
DC1989 wrote:Agreed Noddy- important to enter in to the spirit of the cup.
Thought this weekend might be a good week to give a bit of game time to Jordan Crane though - disappointed not to see him get 80mins under his belt. Think he could really add some grunt in this East Midlands derby.
Agreed. I was hoping for Matt Poole and Steve Hackney too.
Eric Miller must be off the physio table by now too.....
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Doghashadhisday wrote:With Glos drawing tonight a bonus point win tomorrow sees us through to knockout stage.

Come on Tigers! :smt027
Lets hope so. Dog has been throwing up since 6 am and still going so off to the vets I go. May have to watch from home depending on dog....

Come on Tigers!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

tigercaspian wrote:
Doghashadhisday wrote:With Glos drawing tonight a bonus point win tomorrow sees us through to knockout stage.

Come on Tigers! :smt027
Lets hope so. Dog has been throwing up since 6 am and still going so off to the vets I go. May have to watch from home depending on dog....

Come on Tigers!
Well let's hope there's plenty of healthy 'Dog' later - yours and from the Tigers on the pitch! :smt023
stanlycam1

Post by stanlycam1 »

What is missing is a song. Rugby always had reputation for a good singsong. Even if, in those days it was a bit bawdy to say the least. Club rugby in England has missed a trick in not tapping into this tradition. Sweet chariot, bread of heaven , fields of atheneum, even Delilah make for a great atmosphere.
Maybe some new words to S on the S or a new song "A song for Tigers competition "
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

stanlycam1 wrote:What is missing is a song. Rugby always had reputation for a good singsong. Even if, in those days it was a bit bawdy to say the least. Club rugby in England has missed a trick in not tapping into this tradition. Sweet chariot, bread of heaven , fields of atheneum, even Delilah make for a great atmosphere.
Maybe some new words to S on the S or a new song "A song for Tigers competition "
You will be birched and the Bovrilled and feathered by the Tartan Rug brigade for suggesting a song........it's heresy, you'll get accused of being a 'roundball supporter' :smt002

I actually agree, but it's been suggested so many times and pooh poohed (sic). For all the bluster of some, it's hard enough to get some, even on the terrace, to vocalise the word 'Tigers', too busy harrumphing or moaning to actually support and shout. (Generalisation regarding some (by no means all) I see from where I stand)

What is 'S on the S' by the way? :smt002

As an aside, I'd also like to hear the crowd cheer ALL of our players as they're named by the announcer and their pictures are up on the screen, I do, sometimes p**ing in the wind though.....
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
stanlycam1 wrote:What is missing is a song. Rugby always had reputation for a good singsong. Even if, in those days it was a bit bawdy to say the least. Club rugby in England has missed a trick in not tapping into this tradition. Sweet chariot, bread of heaven , fields of atheneum, even Delilah make for a great atmosphere.
You will be birched and the Bovrilled and feathered by the Tartan Rug brigade for suggesting a song........it's heresy, you'll get accused of being a 'roundball supporter' :smt002

I actually agree, but it's been suggested so many times and pooh poohed (sic). For all the bluster of some, it's hard enough to get some, even on the terrace, to vocalise the word 'Tigers', too busy harrumphing or moaning to actually support and shout. (Generalisation regarding some (by no means all) I see from where I stand)

What is 'S on the S' by the way? :smt002

As an aside, I'd also like to hear the crowd cheer ALL of our players as they're named by the announcer and their pictures are up on the screen, I do, sometimes p**ing in the wind though.....
Perhaps it should be S on the W (smoke on the water).
Good luck with trying to make a song / chant happen, by the way...
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

http://cricfree.sc/bt-sport-1-live-stream-ing
For those who cant make it and don't have BT
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Tigers had better get their act together today and win well, cos I'm coming over the week after for the Glaws game and won't be buying any beer after the game if they play like a bunch of pussycats!
Semper in excretia
Andy W

Post by Andy W »

Some good if uninspiring effort so far - no creativity, but decent power.

Then, 3 Tigers horrifically embarrassed on a cross field kick, and Saints have 5 points from nowhere.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Really pleased for Barrow & Wells both played a big part in that try. Perhaps we can see a bit more of both
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Call me old fashioned for Dickson was on the wrong side and therefore fair game especially as Rizzo looked like he attempted to wrap - not a yellow in my opinion
Andy W

Post by Andy W »

17-8.

Bit more cohesive, bit more heart, some execution still a bit iffy.

Competing well at the breakdown - the youngsters...Plus Croft! Lineout going well. On top in the scrum.

Rizzo picked up a daft, if slightly harsh, yellow, on half time.

The game is there to be won, if not entirely on a plate. Will be disappointing if Tigers can't get this over the line.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

That was better than the the 4 matches combined. Apart from a moment of confusion/miscommunication between Tait and Catchpole for their try we have largely dominated the match.
I'm going to go out on a limb but I think the ref has actually had a good game. I agree with both yellows and he got all the held up tries correct from what the TV showed.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

BT Sports leader for this game: Saints have lost all three games since sacking Richard Cockerill.

There's the problem straight off Cockers and Nobby swapping sides and confusing people.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Roberts MoM? Good but thought Fitzgerald was brilliant throughout