Saints Away Ticket Prices!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Saints Away Ticket Prices!

Post by Ian Cant »

My wife and I always go to Franklin's Gardens to support Tigers but having just seen the ticket prices on our Tigers website really cannot see us going: £45 standing then £50 and £60? Wasps the other wee cost £18 for my wife and our friends and £15 for me as an over 60! Is it just me but are Saints supporters paying those prices each game? Bath used to be the dearest but as it was Bath we away fans paid for going to a lovely ground and City. We always go to Sarries and their prices are fair too and cheaper than other grounds. What does everyone else think?
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints Away Ticket Prices!

Post by Old Hob »

If it is £18 to go to the loo, I'm definitely not going.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Old Hob wrote:If it is £18 to go to the loo, I'm definitely not going.

Love it: great spot!!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Ian Cant wrote:Is it just me but are Saints supporters paying those prices each game?
For a home game at FG against us, Yes. It is generally one of the most expensive grounds in the country. Capacity isn't huge and it's the only top class sport in town.

Some of the less attractive fixtures you can get deals on Groupon. And when they play down here in Milton Keynes it's cheap as chips because it's a big ground and they are trying to broaden their fan base.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I live just as close to Franklin's Gardens as I do to Welford Road. And I'm not going. Cheapest ticket at £45 is an absolute joke - how do they sleep at night?

I have plenty of anecdotal evidence that they are losing swathes of fans from the North of Northants (areas like Corby and Kettering) to us and Wasps as they are simply priced out of going to games. But they don't seem bothered since they haven't yet priced out the affluent South of the county. Hence when you go to Saints you are parking next to a fleet of Land Rovers.

That you can get cheaper tickets to their lesser games highlights an issue too. Namely that we are everybody's category A fixture. I would estimate that a Tigers fan that goes to every away game would be a good £300 out of pocket compared to a Worcester fan who went to every away game in the season. A comparison study would be interesting.

Football has begun to address issues by capping away ticket prices and are beginning to take notice of fans making it clear that enough is enough and that they are fed up of being milked dry. I can see a point where rugby fans might need to take a stand and say "hold on a minute..."

Expensive tickets are becoming a problem everywhere but Saints really are taking the proverbial.

£45 to stand up for a game. I ask you...
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Yes Iain I agree sometime ago I tried to purchase tickets to Saints and found that :- There is no plan of the ground on the website, You have to register on line to be able to purchase; their ticket sales are through "Tickethour" a secondary division of Ticketmaster; Early bird tickets @ 25% discount available for Castres, Scarlets, Worcester & Sunday Saracens but purchase 4 weeks ahead - no refund; also unlike the great Crumbie Terrace where you can go where you like if an on the day Early Bird - The Tetley terrace at Saints is segregated like sheep pens.Not at those prices stick with Tigers and see the Resurrection! :smt027
LondonRich
Tiger Cub

Post by LondonRich »

I'm originally from Corby and have been a Tigers fan for nigh on 20 years now. One trip to Welford road was all it took (vs. Saints), easy to get to the ground and very reasonably priced tickets to the terrace, plus the rugby used to be good back then too!

I live in London now and only get to WR once a year generally. I looked for tickets to go to a Quins game the other week (vs. Sale) and they wanted £40 for a seat, which I thought was madness. £45 to stand at Saints is ridiculous, especially for the AW Cup.

It's cheaper for some 6N tickets!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

The Saints game away is a Premiership game - but still it's a ludicrous amount.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Just been checking on the Saints website.

£45 gets you a place on the terrace.
£50 gets you a seat in the corner or behind the goal. (Bronze)
£62 gets you a seat in the Church's Stand on the side (Silver)
£73 gets you a seat in the Tetley's Stand above the terrace (Gold)

£73. Seventy three pounds. Seventy. Three. Pounds.

:smt011
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

As well as being a lot - seventy three pounds - its also a really weird price.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

northerntiger wrote:As well as being a lot - seventy three pounds - its also a really weird price.
It's not weird - 73 is the smallest factor of the first composite generalized Fermat number in base 10 (104 + 1 = 10,001 = 73 × 137).

This is the mathematical formula for 'daylight robbery'.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Strawclearer, I don't know whether it is correct, or not!!

Whichever, it's a great answer!
Valhalla I am coming!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

strawclearer wrote:
northerntiger wrote:As well as being a lot - seventy three pounds - its also a really weird price.
It's not weird - 73 is the smallest factor of the first composite generalized Fermat number in base 10 (104 + 1 = 10,001 = 73 × 137).

This is the mathematical formula for 'daylight robbery'.
:smt043 :smt043 :smt044 :smt043 :smt043
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Brilliant, strawclearer. Duly forwarded to a poor demented friend, Stains fan.