Booing at half time

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: Booing at half time

Post by Chobbsy »

Simon239 wrote:I'd say that was tame compared to what the reaction could have been. Abject display, and me like many others do not pay money to go and sit in the freezing cold to watch a gutless display
Your phrase "gutless display" totally sums up what I thought, I am not saying the players were gutless but it certainly looked liked it, I think this is the lowest I have ever felt being a Tiger's fans, I can still remember the atmosphere from the great days in Paris and Cardiff, to come to this :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 :smt022
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Chobbsy wrote:
Simon239 wrote:I'd say that was tame compared to what the reaction could have been. Abject display, and me like many others do not pay money to go and sit in the freezing cold to watch a gutless display
Your phrase "gutless display" totally sums up what I thought, I am not saying the players were gutless but it certainly looked liked it, I think this is the lowest I have ever felt being a Tiger's fans, I can still remember the atmosphere from the great days in Paris and Cardiff, to come to this :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 :smt022
I share your disappointment, but it is possible to take it out of proportion and misinterpret being totally dominated physically as gutless.
My take on it is that we were already not the most physical pack which has been reduced further in recent times and we were up against an international standard team.
Believe me I have been in that similar situation and there is little you can do about it at the time.
I had a feeling a gulf in class was growing but didn't imagine it could be quite so wide.
Simon239

Post by Simon239 »

LE18 wrote:

Is this Simon Cohen?
not guilty on that front :smt003
BFG wrote:
Chobbsy wrote:
I share your disappointment, but it is possible to take it out of proportion and misinterpret being totally dominated physically as gutless.
My take on it is that we were already not the most physical pack which has been reduced further in recent times and we were up against an international standard team.
Believe me I have been in that similar situation and there is little you can do about it at the time.
I had a feeling a gulf in class was growing but didn't imagine it could be quite so wide.
i can take being dominated by a superior team, which no question they were - but the players didn't front up at all and show any fight!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I booed at half-time and the end of the game. Many on the terrace did too!

Some don't like it, but we'd all give our right leg to be on the pitch and it was clear many players didn't want to be there on Saturday night. In effect those in the stadium pay the players wages so when you see a gutless display like that people have a right to voice there opinion.

There was a guy next to me on the terrace with a booming voice who frankly abused our players with all sorts of colourful language and our group right told him to wind his neck in! But a bit of pantomime booing aimed at players not pulling their weight at work... well there were clearly many who thought that was appropriate on Saturday.