Words to describe tonight's performance

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Words to describe tonight's performance

Post by WiggoTiger »

Embarrassing, no passion, dispirited........
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Words to describe tonight's performance

Post by G.K »

:smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Clearly there's a deeper problem at Tigers than we thought and Cockers wasn't the root of all of it.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

No words but as Gavin Mortimer tweeted..."The most humiliating night for a Tiger since Woods collided with that fire hydrant!"

:smt010 :smt042 :smt010
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
NorthernTigers

Post by NorthernTigers »

It's been on the cards for so long I'm surprised that fellow supporters are surprised. The board have been culpable in their lack of action and direction for so long, it's time for a thorough shake-up ! However, that's not going to happen anytime soon given our out of date structure. The board need to be honest with themselves and particularly the, for too long, loyal suffering fans and fall on their swords - Some chance !!
Cockers should have never been offered the long term contract he was, the board and their structure should have been addressed before now. For the greater good of the club, despite what the board think of their selfish worth, changes have to start at the top. Why would a talented DOR want to work under this lot - out of date, out of touch, out of excuses, !
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

NorthernTigers wrote:It's been on the cards for so long I'm surprised that fellow supporters are surprised. The board have been culpable in their lack of action and direction for so long, it's time for a thorough shake-up ! However, that's not going to happen anytime soon given our out of date structure. The board need to be honest with themselves and particularly the, for too long, loyal suffering fans and fall on their swords - Some chance !!
Cockers should have never been offered the long term contract he was, the board and their structure should have been addressed before now. For the greater good of the club, despite what the board think of their selfish worth, changes have to start at the top. Why would a talented DOR want to work under this lot - out of date, out of touch, out of excuses, !
+1 :smt023
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

NorthernTigers wrote:out of excuses, !
I think not, plenty will be reeled out by the club this week.

Tonight's excuses: players couldn't execute a plan, skill set went amiss, pride in the shirt not there, Glasgow too good, Burns off with his kicking.

Lets be frank and honest: No desire, passion or interest in a dead rubber.

I was disgusted!! :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
gingertiger47

Post by gingertiger47 »

This is a post I had never hoped/envisaged having to write as a shareholder & season ticket holder of circa 40 years. Tonight I met with friends in the pub & enjoyed great craic with the Glasgow supporters. In the light of me having a hip replacement next week, I seriously debated whether to stay in the warmth & comfort of the pub or wether to struggle down to the ground for a meaningless fixture in the cold. In the end, my undying loyalty to my team dictated that I should turn up at the ground despite missing the first few minutes due to my painful & restricted gait. Imagine my sense of betrayal when I subsequently discovered that the highly paid "professionals" masquerading as my team couldn't be bothered to make anything remotely approaching a similar effort. I have never contemplated booing my teams, whether it be Tigers or City, but tonight I came perilously close to doing so. The board, the management, the coaches & the players should hang their heads in shame tonight & all should "consider their position" at this once proud club. I had long advocated that Cockerill was past his sell by date, but also suspected that the overall malaise went much deeper. Tonight provided me with final confirmation of this belief. Messrs Tom, Wheeler & Cohen please look closely in the mirror & then take some hard decisions, not least of which is to shed the insular belief that only Tigers old boys can providde the remedies. It's time to clean the Augean stables & acknowledge that we have been left behind whilst others have embraced change, innovation, dynamism etc instead of inertia & compacency. End of rant with apologies for the length!
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

I have also been a long term season ticket holder of 29 years and this is definitely the worst position I have seen my beloved team in. I realise we have many injuries, which seems to be a curse, but over the past few weeks we look like a team that hasn't played together before and hasn't done any training. At this rate I could even see Bristol beating us at home and us not winning another game for the rest of the season.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Domestically there have been some performances that show that there is something that the squad are capable of.
Wins against Munster and Racing and perfornances against Sarries and Wasps. These are games that we could have expected a proper battering but the team stood up and fought for the cause.
This needs to be visible every week and I am sure that things will improve.
More performances like the last couple of weeks will see a Tigers team finish outside the top six. The season is not over but the players and coaches need to take a long hard look at things if they are to provide European Champions Cup Rugby next season.
Highs and lows, my support for them will continue!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

gingertiger47 wrote:This is a post I had never hoped/envisaged having to write as a shareholder & season ticket holder of circa 40 years. Tonight I met with friends in the pub & enjoyed great craic with the Glasgow supporters. In the light of me having a hip replacement next week, I seriously debated whether to stay in the warmth & comfort of the pub or wether to struggle down to the ground for a meaningless fixture in the cold. In the end, my undying loyalty to my team dictated that I should turn up at the ground despite missing the first few minutes due to my painful & restricted gait. Imagine my sense of betrayal when I subsequently discovered that the highly paid "professionals" masquerading as my team couldn't be bothered to make anything remotely approaching a similar effort. I have never contemplated booing my teams, whether it be Tigers or City, but tonight I came perilously close to doing so. The board, the management, the coaches & the players should hang their heads in shame tonight & all should "consider their position" at this once proud club. I had long advocated that Cockerill was past his sell by date, but also suspected that the overall malaise went much deeper. Tonight provided me with final confirmation of this belief. Messrs Tom, Wheeler & Cohen please look closely in the mirror & then take some hard decisions, not least of which is to shed the insular belief that only Tigers old boys can providde the remedies. It's time to clean the Augean stables & acknowledge that we have been left behind whilst others have embraced change, innovation, dynamism etc instead of inertia & compacency. End of rant with apologies for the length!
Do not apologise for any of it. Literate and true.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
roboleo

Post by roboleo »

In a word - embarrassing. This is the worst home performance I can recall (in over 30 years of following the team).
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Starting next Saturday with the Saints match the Youngs brothers need dropping, Ben seems to perform for England but not for Tigers and Tom is a shadow of his former self and lacks the qualities to remain club and team captain which showed today throughout the game but particularly in the second half when we had the shambles line out when the ref decided that we were taking too long with a line out and awarded it to Glasgow instead. Thacker should replace Tom immediately and
Harrison should replace Ben although Ben will probably be away next week on training for 6 nations duty, Ed Slater must be reappointed as club and team captain forthwith. He's the only player in the regular starting line-up that has the nous and authority and respect of his team mates to undertake that role.
NorthernTigers

Post by NorthernTigers »

Maybe it's time for the fans to vote with their feet. The board will be like turkeys voting for Christmas.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Well, northerntiger, I shall be voting with my feet next week. I could just about make it to the match and get back for my evening function, but you know what? I can't be bothered. I'm ashamed of myself: I should keep the faith but....

It seemed as if the players didn't want to be there, and pretty soon, if this sort of performance continues, other players won't want to join us, as we'll be a team on the downward path, not upward or at the top (as we used to be). I truly fear for the next few seasons.

There is also the point that if more fans vote with their feet, then the atmosphere at the ground will deteriorate. Lots of empty seats will be dreadful.