Words to describe tonight's performance

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Words to describe tonight's performance

Post by MikeR »

Ian S - can you give us a clue who that player was ?? Think we should be told !
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

LE18 wrote:I really cannot understand it, some players Beatham, Tom Youngs, Luke Hamilton, appeared to be trying so hard, tackling everything but what were others doing. I saw Dan Coles just standing there watching at mauls, most of the team just dont want to play, do they want away, they are too slow, lacking brains, why did Tait and Brady block and give so much away, cant catch, cant pass and certainly cant win any ball, was it 30 phases without touching ball for 1st try?
Racking my brain to explain what is going on, coaching staff just dont have a clue.
OMG what has happened and how will we get out of this shambles? :smt017
The balance is wrong.
It's why talent like Cips and Goode miss out with England.
The old saying decide on your game plan before deciding on your players is relevant at this level which is proving difficult for Leicester to evolve as player contracts overlap and tied in players are unable to be released and players worth keeping can't be afforded.
What is particularly bad for Leicester currently is that it's impossible to see any game plan that suits the balance of the individuals as a collective unit that they could possibly be able to achieve against a very good side.
To get a result we are relying on them being worse than us!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

To be fair, Kitch came to the bar to watch the band after the game. Probably wanted to go home but respect to him for that
Ian S
Tiger Cub

Post by Ian S »

MikeR wrote:Ian S - can you give us a clue who that player was ?? Think we should be told !
Hi, not sure it would really help but it is 100% true,there was clearly no long inquest in the changing rooms after as could not really believe it when he walked in so soon.Luckily I was not at the game but my friend was and he only beat this player to the pub by about 5 minutes.
Such is the modern sportsman,I am sure they don't feel the hurt and embarassment as much as we do.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

The lowest point in my lifetime of supporting the club.

Shouldn't complain too much. Supporting Tigers has brought far more wonderful times than bad. But that, on Saturday, was completely unacceptable. There can be no excuses and I will not begrudge anyone who left early or booed the players off for their efforts. I didn't: booing isn't something we do. But then neither is losing 43-0 at home. Forty-three - nil!! Forty Three. Nil!! AT HOME!!

We can look at the whats and wherefors another time as to where it started going wrong or just how bad it has been in recent years, but that's for another time. The players and coaches should feel thoroughly ashamed of the shambles we all saw on Saturday night. There is simply no excuse. Grit and fight were something I'd always come to expect from Tigers until then.

I had ridiculed anyone who questioned Mauger should be under pressure at this early stage. Maybe I was completely wrong. Maybe those amongst us who follow City might look at this as his 'Garry Parker' moment.

Mauger said after the game: "They have tried to give their best but we are clearly not good enough at the moment and to go down 43-0 at home is pretty painful."

Who else is even more concerned about that. THAT was their best effort?! You're kidding right?

Simply not good enough. That cannot ever happen again.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Nothing to add to this other than to say that it's Tuesday and I'm still depressed. A few years ago someone posted, after a poor match, that on Sunday he went watch his kids playing for Market Harborough. Their coach was tearing his hair out at their performance and just down from our man was Cockers watching his kids. He turned to our man and said, 'See, you spend all week telling them stuff in training and then they just go and do what they want.'

There's been some very soulful posts on this thread and I applaud their authors. In the past there have been long threads of support following tragic circumstances and by popular demand copies of the thread has been sent to the subjects to show our feelings to the victims of misfortune in the Tiger's family. Perhaps the same should be done here to make sure that everyone at the club, from boot boy to Chairman, understand exactly how we feel and to see that we aren't a bunch of morons who will turn up for any old rubbish. The on-going saga of ignored complaints about the catering tells me that this is exactly what they do think.

PS Gingertiger, I hope the hip goes/went OK
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I am particularly saddened with the current situation when I think of the great young local talent forced away from the academy in recent years to make way for the connected few.
I recall one back from Melton a couple of years ago who was absolutely superb and would've been a great player with development but particularly in the forwards seeing what I am seeing, lads from Hinckley and Harborough who were just brilliant prospects who never got a look in, they were just too good to have around the lads with Dads.
I don't envy those in charge to be honest, what with the player merry-go-round and so on it has created a perfect storm.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

GS wrote:Nothing to add to this other than to say that it's Tuesday and I'm still depressed.
And I thought it was just the players who didn't know what day of the week it was.

:smt002 :smt003 :smt001
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Complete and utter :censored:!
Team needed to give a performance after Racing game. Well they did and not the one we wanted.
Another humiliating defeat.
Cant tell how many times this season we have committed too many at the breakdown, to be pushed off the ball and cleared out leaving 4,5 or 6
out of the game for opposition to hit straight up the guts.
Kicking from 10 and 12 going straight to the defensive player- not making touch or giving go forward.
Breaks made so fast without supporting runners.

Never mind the Money aspect of the top teams in Prem at the moment.
What they are doing is not committing too many to the break down, winning turn over,kicking moderately better than we and support running attack. We have either not the ability or lost the enthusiasm.
Either way this could be rectified on the training ground.
One question - with players out injured and 5 missing for 6 nations duty
who's left to earn us 6th place? :smt017
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Wellstiger, we should be at near full strength, (thats not correct but you know what I mean by strength) after that performance EJ should just send all our players back and tell them to put some effort, skill etc into their games before considering any of them again. Unfortunately I include Genge into that, until he learns to stop giving away stupid penalties that is, his coming in at the side yellow card should have been given for coming in at the back, their back, he was so far off the mark.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

LE18 wrote:Wellstiger, we should be at near full strength, (thats not correct but you know what I mean by strength) after that performance EJ should just send all our players back and tell them to put some effort, skill etc into their games before considering any of them again. Unfortunately I include Genge into that, until he learns to stop giving away stupid penalties that is, his coming in at the side yellow card should have been given for coming in at the back, their back, he was so far off the mark.
I have a lot of sympathy for this and wouldn't put it past EJ to at least threaten such action - but Ellis Genge needs treating differently from some others. He's a thoroughbred who wants to go charging ahead at full pace all the time - he needs directing and, occasionally, reining back. Contrarily, there are some behaving like donkeys and they need a kick up the ass!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Ian S wrote:I have read comments about players that should have been hanging their heads in shame after last night and read somewhere that Mauger thought the players would not be able to sleep well.
Maybe it does not hurt them as much as we think ,by 9pm last night one of the players was already at the bar in my local, he nearly beat some of the fans back,by 10pm I am sure the performance was a distant memory as the group he was in we're having a whale of a time.
You may say that is some players way of dealing with things but just maybe a low profile was called for.
Another Tigers fan commented to me how :censored: off he was to see that on the face of it the player did not seem as gutted as the local fans.
Our malaise may be due to a bit more than just bad coaching,
Hi Ian, obviously I'm guessing the name of your local (a little) and also who the player is but if I'm right it's one of the guys who is lauded on here as giving his all, is hurting and he was just out at the end of a rugby dinner to find out what it was like to be unbeaten this season from some of the whalers. I may be completely wrong on the player and pub of course.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

:smt029 Words from Planetrugby on the state of Tigers and the need now to move on upwards. Putting the "Less" into Leicester.
:- http://www.planetrugby.com/news/loose-pass-352
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Total lack of leadership from the top down. Those at the highest management level set the ethos and culture of the organisation or in Tigers case they clearly don't. Organisational failure. Total failure of most senior roles time for them to move on.
I'm not cynical just experienced