Words to describe tonight's performance

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Words to describe tonight's performance

Post by Noddy555 »

None available. I think you would have to invent a whole new dictionary to describe todays performance or lack of it.
NorthernTigers

Post by NorthernTigers »

Agreed CJ but a stance has to be taken at some point. If only for one game to demonstrate that we've all had enough. It'll be a shame but it's about time the loyal supporters, who pay their dues ( unlike the board) who turn up in their droves, week after week, year after year, disappointment after disappointment, to support their team who in the past have deserved their support have their say.....as for the board, surely they cannot be allowed to continue. We are used to having a team of world class players, not a team who are dominated in all aspects by many other teams in most areas of the game.
The records used to be aspirational, now they are all about records for new lows- Munster, Glasgow - what's next ??? A new chapter requires a new author and supporting cast whom are willing and able..
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I really cannot understand it, some players Beatham, Tom Youngs, Luke Hamilton, appeared to be trying so hard, tackling everything but what were others doing. I saw Dan Coles just standing there watching at mauls, most of the team just dont want to play, do they want away, they are too slow, lacking brains, why did Tait and Brady block and give so much away, cant catch, cant pass and certainly cant win any ball, was it 30 phases without touching ball for 1st try?
Racking my brain to explain what is going on, coaching staff just dont have a clue.
OMG what has happened and how will we get out of this shambles? :smt017
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

LE18 wrote:...OMG what has happened and how will we get out of this shambles? :smt017
Well - Fissler is saying he has one huge news story in tomorrow's @TheRugbyPaper so....?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

wasn't there due to having to take my wife to London and like everyone else, feel for the club but it was on the cards. Glasgow played us off the park in the first fixture and it sound like they did it again. Isn't it time that reputations are thrown out of the window and AM selects our team based on current form. If he doesn't then the period of time I advocated some time ago for him to improve the situation will surely come much quicker than anyone wants. I said over 2 years ago that the loyalty we show to retiring players is laudable but could come back and bite us in the bum and I think it is now beginning to do so. Coaches at all levels should be the best at doing that job not just "we'll find you a job at the end of your playing career".

I agree about Ben and have said so - Harrison is a better SH at the moment for Tigers and should be our no 1 choice but that won't solve everything.

I do not believe that Dan is playing well at the moment - offers too little other than his scrummaging.

Back row balance isn't right at the moment and need strengthening very quickly

Defence systems are not working - over 30 points conceded a game average in Europe, 5 out of 13 league games over 30 points a game conceded - You can't win many games doing that.

I believe certain members of the board's positions are becoming untenable. SC is top of the list.

No-one can argue that we have lost for too many of our first choice players for it not to make a difference, but that must also mean that some of our second string are not good enough. A hard look at this is necessary.

Finally, the most important question to ask is - Is our first choice XV good enough?

I think it is close but look forward to seeing which positions are strengthened for next year and who is allowed to go - we cannot go on like this

I will be there next week and will never consider giving up my ST nor withdrawing my full support. Tigers are my team and will always be so. If you never see a bad game, you will never see a good game, but there are certainly too many bad games at the moment though.
Hehehehehehehehe
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Frankly - words fail me (well not really but too naughty to post here). Utterly awful performance. Mauger described the loss at Munster as "embarrassing" so how will he describe this one? Must be "embarrassing squared". The team have a few weeks to pick themselves up and improve significantly in the AP before it is ST renewal time. With the cost of the ST, added to a 130 mile round trip (fuel, parking and time) plus food costs, this is getting to be a bit of an expensive luxury for not much in return from Welford Road. We used to get lots of member nights where we met players and coaches and the club attracted some interesting guests like referees and pundits. Now all we get for our money is a half-hearted team performance and a HC who clearly is paddling in treacle not knowing which direction he or the team is headed. If the Board Members are listening in their Ivory Towers, something has to change and it has to be soon. The natives are getting very restless.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

The board members at risk are those that have had direct involvement in coachinu. appointments and player signings. (or non-signings)

We have made some strange signings. Brady for example - just don't see why we let some of our your youngsters go only to sign a player who is "ordinary" at best. I doubt he is being paid less than some of our young former Tigers playing elsewhere. OK he was signed as a squad player but why sign him rather than the likes of Odowu.

We seem to have lost too many only to replace them with pretty ordinary journeymen. Is that because the first team squad is no longer a meritocracy (assuming it ever was). Sport is riddled with people who get labelled and written off only to move on and succeed. Sometimes that can be the kick up the behind to restart a career. Just get the impression Tigers are more prone to deciding to write off younger players. More comfortable with signing someone from outside who lacks ambition than sign an over ambitious insider.
clash33

Post by clash33 »

First time ever - left at 7:00 - Sadly not alone.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Worse than awful

Question---how many of our side last night would get in the Glasgow Munster Wasps Saracens teams

Answer-only one------Genge

The back line last night was the worst in Tigers history, and at least five of the forwards

But the Coaching is even more shambolic , sack the lot, + the Board
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

The Telegraph described it as Tigers most humiliating defeat in their history.

I agree as the match was at W Rd.

Says it all really. We have reached a really low point. The players (and coaches) need to re-bond, go away together for a few days, have some beers, rediscover the esprit de corps that is currently sadly lacking.

The team last night was devoid of confidence, they are not bad players but it will take some big personalities to sort this out, not sure Mauger is that man.

Minimum requirement is 6th in the league, that needs to be the focus.
Soggypitch
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:Frankly - words fail me (well not really but too naughty to post here). Utterly awful performance. **. We used to get lots of member nights where we met players and coaches and the club attracted some interesting guests like referees and pundits.**** Now all we get for our money is a half-hearted team performance and a HC who clearly is paddling in treacle not knowing which direction he or the team is headed. If the Board Members are listening in their Ivory Towers, something has to change and it has to be soon. The natives are getting very restless.
part edited**
Totally agree AlphaWiseOwl However there is a members night event that we as long term season ticket holders should not miss and it is FREE Tuesday 7th February @ 19:00hrs in the 1880 club with Head of Rugby Operations Ged Glynn and Player retention & recruitment by CEO Simon Cohen - if he is still in residence! see :- http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/260 ... ISU3RuLTmY :smt013
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

By the way, can anyone think of another team, other than the Italians, who have been nilled at home? Maybe there is one in a very low scoring game, but not with the high score of yesterday. Yes, I know I could look it up but it's more fun exercising the little grey cells.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Hopeless. Don't mind admitting the only reason I went was to catch up with friends on the terrace. Stayed in the Bricklayers to watch the end of Saracens v Toulon so missed kickoff.

Didn't expect 0-43 but how we were 6/5 to win the game was unbelievable. Plenty of Glasgow fans must have filled their boots at odds of 4/6!

Why we didn't opt for the Racing approach of playing the second string forwards to fight for places I will never know. Frankly the academy would have put up a better fight!

Just so many holes in the dam at the moment previously documented by many here. We agreed the last quality captain was Martin Corry. Too long ago.

Is this the bottom? Bristol at home fast approaching...
Ian S
Tiger Cub

Post by Ian S »

I have read comments about players that should have been hanging their heads in shame after last night and read somewhere that Mauger thought the players would not be able to sleep well.
Maybe it does not hurt them as much as we think ,by 9pm last night one of the players was already at the bar in my local, he nearly beat some of the fans back,by 10pm I am sure the performance was a distant memory as the group he was in we're having a whale of a time.
You may say that is some players way of dealing with things but just maybe a low profile was called for.
Another Tigers fan commented to me how :censored: off he was to see that on the face of it the player did not seem as gutted as the local fans.
Our malaise may be due to a bit more than just bad coaching,
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

Ladies & Gentlemen, as you may recall I'm an Ulsterman and count Tigers as the English club I respect most. I looked for a post that reflects exactly what I feel about our club right now, having lost a match today at Ravenhill to bring our recent record to 4 wins from 13. Utter shambles.

I understand our backs & forwards coaches will be clearing their lockers in May, many would like to see it earlier. We have a shedload of other issues.

I wish you all the best, some sympathy but not pity, for like it is with Ulster, this too shall pass. I'm sure Tigers will roar again, it's just an uncomfortable wait whilst things are going to hell in front of your eyes.
LE18 wrote:I really cannot understand it, some players Beatham, Tom Youngs, Luke Hamilton, appeared to be trying so hard, tackling everything but what were others doing. I saw Dan Coles just standing there watching at mauls, most of the team just dont want to play, do they want away, they are too slow, lacking brains, why did Tait and Brady block and give so much away, cant catch, cant pass and certainly cant win any ball, was it 30 phases without touching ball for 1st try?
Racking my brain to explain what is going on, coaching staff just dont have a clue.
OMG what has happened and how will we get out of this shambles? :smt017