Mike Williams in England squad

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mike Williams in England squad

Post by CJ »

Congratulations to Mike Williams, named in the England squad for the Six Nations.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Mike Williams in England squad

Post by strawclearer »

CJ wrote:Congratulations to Mike Williams, named in the England squad for the Six Nations.
...and let's not forget to congratulate Dan, Ellis and Ben! :smt038
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

strawclearer wrote:
CJ wrote:Congratulations to Mike Williams, named in the England squad for the Six Nations.

Yeh for a minute I got my hopes up that we got to keep them.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

I really hope Genge get the pick. For me, tho biased, his last few games have been great to watch given the team performance. As Tom Varndell said 'he is one angry man' but he seems to be putting all that anger into his game ability without 'popping'. Nathan Catt maybe be playing well from what I have seen but Genge is playing better under pressure.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

RagingBull wrote:
strawclearer wrote:

Yeh for a minute I got my hopes up that we got to keep them.
After last night's debacle, they can stay as long as they want apart from Genge, he is the only one that show any grit and determination. I understand that OTY Has some personal issues, why doesn't he take time out to manage these, he always appears happier driving a tractor. At the moment he is a liability, trying too hard and forcing stuff, annoying refs etc. Don't even get me started on YBY, very occasionally flashes of brilliance but an awful lot of detritus between. Coley, great in the scrum, but doesn't carry very well and seems to have lost that desire to get the turnover, couldn't tell you the last time I saw him get a penalty from being over the ball, that was his trademark and set him apart a few years ago.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I am surprised Williams has been called up. Hardly played for 2 years.

Cole's form in the loose just reflects Tigers loose play in general too many isolated players failing to clear out rucks. Last time Cole turned over ball - last test against Australia where those challenging for the ball were not alone and were dynamic at the clear out.

Over the past few years our back row hasn't been at the races. Salvi aside we had Crane ambling around arriving far too late to make a difference and Croft lurking on the wing.
Dynamic 8s shunned. And these days 8s considered not essential to the team. (Some 8s can do a job at 6 but few 6s can play 8 well enough at Premier level). I think it is no coincidence that Salvi departing made Cole less effective in the loose. The engagement changes have put more emphasis on the scrummaging prowess of the tight head. Compound that with Tom Youngs' injury and the replacement hookers being less able scrummagers, the physical demands on the Tight head prop have been immense over the last 2 years. I guess the remarkable thing is that Genge has maintained his loose play at loose head but there again more force goes through the tight head.