Omni shambles.
We need a rainmaker
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Glasgow

Post by Old Hob »

Tigersunited wrote:Old hob, how did you get so cynical? and to suggest they think you are a moron, well.......
Well, as a moronic cynic I suggest that Tigers are seriously disunited. The dreadful stupid penalties given away show a team in desperation; spiteful and childish. The Youngs, Cole & Slater need disciplining for their stupid behaviour, Cole gives away more penalties than Genge who is a star player we need to keep hold of. Betham was great when he first appeared now he seems to be buying in to the Leicester Tigers ethos of "take the money- we get paid what ever we do".
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

The last two weeks have been quite extraordinarily poor after decent displays against Munster (H), and Sarries and Wasps. I don't know how the team can perform in such a schizophrenic way.
We continue to be unable to start a game properly but , all game, seem unable to handle/catch/hold the ball. These have been common failings over the past few years.
Contrast this with Glasgow's razor-sharp handling and ball retention, lines of running, and thinking, and it's no wonder we - as a club mentally weak and as a team with too many injuries - got a major thumping . I think Glasgow gave one of the best displays any of us will see for some time and this was all the more clear sitting behind the goal high up in the Mattioli Woods stand - you could clearly see how they pulled us about.
Thacker, Genge, Shazam and Barrow did at least look like they cared when they came on.
If Tait's yellow was valid, why not the late & high hit by Glasgow in the second half & the deliberate knock-on??
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Tigerbeat wrote:This ref has got the England v Scotland game!!
If so I hope Gengie is rested for England as the frog wrongly had him for pulling Fagerson down twice & other minor offences before as expected yellow carding him.
The carding of Tait was border line, not to mention their deliberate knock on.
Was his tutor Francois Hollande? Bring on Boris!
Jools

Post by Jools »

Warriors supporter here. I'm not going to go over the game, I know you are hurting - believe me, we know that feeling. I agree the yellows were soft and we got away with a couple.

However, I just wanted to thank every Tigers supporter that we came across at the weekend for the great reception, great banter, and the all round decentness. It was a great trip made even better by you guys & gals. Thank you. My pin badges, flag and horned helmet have all been left with Tigers fans.

You WILL turn things around, and I can't wait to visit my new second favourite rugby ground again.

Thanks again, onward and upward!
Last edited by Jools on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BustersGonads

Post by BustersGonads »

Classy post Jools! :smt023
I'll have a pint of Tiger and a packet of scratchings please!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Jools wrote:Warriors supporter here. I'm not going to go over the game, I know you are hurting - believe me, we know that feeling. I agree the yellows were soft and we got away with a couple.

However, I just wanted to thank every Tigers supporter that we came across at the weekend for the great reception, great banter, and the all round reception. It was a great trip made even better by you guys & gals. Thank you. My pin badges, flag and horned helmet have all been left with Tigers fans.

You WILL turn things around, and I can't wait to visit my new second favourite rugby ground again.

Your fans were a credit to you - you all made pre-match in the Final Whistle a lot more fun.
peterdouglas

Post by peterdouglas »

I called the club on Saturday morning to cancel a direct debit on one of my season tickets for next season as my oldest son will be going to University. I have to be honest I am thinking about cancelling all three!

I know there was nothing at stake on Saturday but to lose like that we showed no pride at all, it was desperate. The team we put out should have been good enough to make a game of it.

Credit to Glasgow though, Ruthless performance - That's how it's done boys
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Jools wrote:Warriors supporter here. I'm not going to go over the game, I know you are hurting - believe me, we know that feeling. I agree the yellows were soft and we got away with a couple.

However, I just wanted to thank every Tigers supporter that we came across at the weekend for the great reception, great banter, and the all round decentness. It was a great trip made even better by you guys & gals. Thank you. My pin badges, flag and horned helmet have all been left with Tigers fans.

Back in 2009 I had few beers with you Warriors when your club was 'in the dumps' (maybe not as bad) but from what I was told many wished the Warriors were as good as the Tigers. Well now you are back after a shed load of hard work and dedicated quality coaching. Yes, the Tigers will come back as have other clubs. The important point is staying there, able to adapt and change as the game and players change. That is where IMO the Tigers went wrong several seasons ago - not changing to the meet the strengths of the other sides. Also, IMO the Tigers board decision to invest in infrastructure (while a good thing) was done at the expense of recruiting quality coaches and ' player generals' in specific positions. I look forward to the remainder of the Euro games and chatting again with Warrior supporters in May. Good luck
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat