Champions Cup next season?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fillfinger

Re: Champions Cup next season?

Post by fillfinger »

Sorry BJ you are correct I had Worcester last game as home when it is in fact away. Still been watching past matches this season on the AVIVA Premiership web site and you know what - I think we are not quite as bad as some might have you believe. No doubting that injuries have blunted the back line - hence IMO the forwards driving at the line too much. If we have some wins, a bit of injury luck both leading to more confidence- who knows!! I am a bit of a "glass always full" person (especially a pint of Tiger)!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Perhaps the second tier European competition might not be a bad thing for next season.
Win that and you get more seeding points than going out in the group stages of the competition (bonkers that a team who fails to qualify get more seeding points than those that did)

Realistically transforming the side will take time and next season will likely be preparation for a proper assault on Europe the following season.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

fillfinger wrote:Sorry BJ you are correct I had Worcester last game as home when it is in fact away. Still been watching past matches this season on the AVIVA Premiership web site and you know what - I think we are not quite as bad as some might have you believe. No doubting that injuries have blunted the back line - hence IMO the forwards driving at the line too much. If we have some wins, a bit of injury luck both leading to more confidence- who knows!! I am a bit of a "glass always full" person (especially a pint of Tiger)!
The forwards driving and ignoring the backs has been a long term problem not a response to this season's injuries.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

mol2 wrote:Perhaps the second tier European competition might not be a bad thing for next season.
Win that and you get more seeding points than going out in the group stages of the competition (bonkers that a team who fails to qualify get more seeding points than those that did)

Realistically transforming the side will take time and next season will likely be preparation for a proper assault on Europe the following season.
Seeding points? What seeding points? Thought that they went out of the window when it became the Champions Cup?
fillfinger

Post by fillfinger »

mol2 wrote:
fillfinger wrote:Sorry BJ you are correct I had Worcester last game as home when it is in fact away. Still been watching past matches this season on the AVIVA Premiership web site and you know what - I think we are not quite as bad as some might have you believe. No doubting that injuries have blunted the back line - hence IMO the forwards driving at the line too much. If we have some wins, a bit of injury luck both leading to more confidence- who knows!! I am a bit of a "glass always full" person (especially a pint of Tiger)!
The forwards driving and ignoring the backs has been a long term problem not a response to this season's injuries.
Not my feeling - I think AM has tried to introduce more expansive play. I just think that at times our ambition has not been matched by our skill set. This season in particular we have been ineffective close to the try line. Wouldnt be surprised if RC had more influence on the style of "stick it up your jumper" play as the season unfolded and results went against us.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Personally I think we will make top six, but what if we don't and we're in the Challenge Cup next season? As a season ticket holder I get all home games including three ERC matches. But they won't be ERC. They will be of a lower quality - though still competitive, we will not be playing the top teams in Europe, after all. So will a season ticket cost less?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

CJ wrote:Personally I think we will make top six, but what if we don't and we're in the Challenge Cup next season? As a season ticket holder I get all home games including three ERC matches. But they won't be ERC. They will be of a lower quality - though still competitive, we will not be playing the top teams in Europe, after all. So will a season ticket cost less?
Did we get a reduction when the Anglo Welsh was ditched and replaced with a pre-season mess about tournament and a development team playing a bunch of students during the World Cup?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Also, if both Champions Cup and Challenge Cup match tickets are priced the same, then why would there be a reduction?