Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Maxime Mermoz (centre, Toulon) close to join Leicester

Post by RagingBull »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
Coops wrote:Martin Gillingham on Twitter:

Another twist in @MaximeMermoz1 affair: he'll switch to @LeicesterTigers but only for rest of season. Has agreed 3yr deal with @racing92
So essentially the "leak" by he management company on Sunday was a way to get a better offer out of the Top14? Racing after a replacement for Goosen I presume.
Nah it was just Midi being Midi. (Like saying Toomua to Wasps becuase he was at a Tigers v wasps game).

His management was right he is signing for Tigers as far as I'm aware.

Isn't surprising if he goes back to France he is pretty keen to try and make the 2019 RWC squad.

(Midi is like Fissler files only daily).
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

Mermoz not in the 23 for Toulon- they have gone with a 5/2 split on the bench in favour of forwards.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Lammy, why only 22 players?
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

LE18 wrote:Lammy, why only 22 players?

Oof, that's a bad error on my part isn't it! My apologies.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

22 or 23, Mermoz isn't one of them:

Toulon:
15 Leigh Halfpenny;
14 Josua Tuisova,
13 Mathieu Bastareaud,
12 Ma'a Nonu,
11 Bryan Habana;
10 Matt Giteau,
9 Sebastien Tillous-Borde;
1 Laurent Delboulbès,
2 Guilhem Guirado,
3 Levan Chilachava,
4 Mamuka Gorgodze,
5 Romain Taofifenua,
6 Juan Smith,
7 Juan Fernandez Lobbe,
8 Duane Vermeulen.

Replacements: 16 Jean-Charles Orioli, 17 Xavier Chiocci, 18 Marcel Van Der Merwe, 19 Liam Gill, 20 Jocelino Suta, 21 Pierre Bernard, 22 Jonathan Pelissie, 23 Samu Manoa.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/sa ... view/80884
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

What I would give to be able to leave out players like Gorgodze and Ollivon completely.

There number 8 depth is ridiculous.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Gorgodze listed at 4.

....But agree - if only Tigers had their strength in depth.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I'm staggered that they're only 5th in the league. I mean Manoa on the bench...
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

MurphysLaw wrote:Gorgodze listed at 4.

....But agree - if only Tigers had their strength in depth.
Didn't see that.

Still a waste really.

Maybe we could swap one of our locks for one of there 8's
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

WhitecapTiger wrote:22 or 23, Mermoz isn't one of them:

Toulon:
15 Leigh Halfpenny;
14 Josua Tuisova,
13 Mathieu Bastareaud,
12 Ma'a Nonu,
11 Bryan Habana;
10 Matt Giteau,
9 Sebastien Tillous-Borde;
1 Laurent Delboulbès,
2 Guilhem Guirado,
3 Levan Chilachava,
4 Mamuka Gorgodze,
5 Romain Taofifenua,
6 Juan Smith,
7 Juan Fernandez Lobbe,
8 Duane Vermeulen.

Replacements: 16 Jean-Charles Orioli, 17 Xavier Chiocci, 18 Marcel Van Der Merwe, 19 Liam Gill, 20 Jocelino Suta, 21 Pierre Bernard, 22 Jonathan Pelissie, 23 Samu Manoa.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/sa ... view/80884
Lets hope he is busy packing then
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Wormus pay attention to Hot--Charlie he was indeed provisionally named in the 28 man squad by Toulon but that was Tuesday, I think you will find events have moved on since then.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Noddy555 wrote:Wormus pay attention to Hot--Charlie he was indeed provisionally named in the 28 man squad by Toulon but that was Tuesday, I think you will find events have moved on since then.

Noddy555 wrote:
There is a rumour circulating which I have yet to have confirmed that Mermoz has
signed and he will be at Welford Road on Saturday but not in a playing capacity as the tie with Glasgow as we know is a European Champ cup fixture and the rules say that anyone registered as a player cannot play for another club in the same season in European fixtures with the possible exception of the final. So let's wait and see.

Wormus wrote:
Is this another of the "Try Line Club Tales" as Mermoz is apparently in the Toulon 23 playing at Saracens kick off @ 15:15, whereas our game is 17:30 KO. Having played, showered etc Mermoz would not make Welford Road either on a Noddy Bike or in Noddy's car, but if you are confident then save him a few prawn french bread batons.
We would not need him registered in this years Euro squad as we are already out!! :smt042

Nodders please read the posts, I said Mermoz is "Apparently in the 23" based on a previous posting, BUT you rumored that Mermoz was going to be at Welford Road too despite him in the squad - probably not if he is still tied to Toulon, mind you keep him a prawn baton he may he your guest in the Try Liners. :smt044
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

wormus wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Wormus pay attention to Hot--Charlie he was indeed provisionally named in the 28 man squad by Toulon but that was Tuesday, I think you will find events have moved on since then.

Noddy555 wrote:
There is a rumour circulating which I have yet to have confirmed that Mermoz has
signed and he will be at Welford Road on Saturday but not in a playing capacity as the tie with Glasgow as we know is a European Champ cup fixture and the rules say that anyone registered as a player cannot play for another club in the same season in European fixtures with the possible exception of the final. So let's wait and see.

Wormus wrote:
Is this another of the "Try Line Club Tales" as Mermoz is apparently in the Toulon 23 playing at Saracens kick off @ 15:15, whereas our game is 17:30 KO. Having played, showered etc Mermoz would not make Welford Road either on a Noddy Bike or in Noddy's car, but if you are confident then save him a few prawn french bread batons.
We would not need him registered in this years Euro squad as we are already out!! :smt042

Nodders please read the posts, I said Mermoz is "Apparently in the 23" based on a previous posting, BUT you rumored that Mermoz was going to be at Welford Road too despite him in the squad - probably not if he is still tied to Toulon, mind you keep him a prawn baton he may he your guest in the Try Liners. :smt044
Castro was still "tied" to Racing at the time of the semi last year but he was still elsewhere at the time :smt002
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Wormus if Maxime Mermoz was my guest in the try line club tomorrow you'd be the last to know. I suggest you read other members posts carefully as you seem to be confusing yourself! Read the French Newspaper that has full details of the Toulon team and you will find that Mermoz is not named in the 23.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:Wormus if Maxime Mermoz was my guest in the try line club tomorrow you'd be the last to know. I suggest you read other members posts carefully as you seem to be confusing yourself! Read the French Newspaper that has full details of the Toulon team and you will find that Mermoz is not named in the 23.
Why read a French newspaper when Whitecap Tiger has kindly posted the information above, from SkySports. You should practice what you preach i.e. "I suggest you read other members posts carefully".