Grieving Over - Lets Front Up!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Grieving Over - Lets Front Up!!

Post by TigerCam »

Right!! Having seen the game, read the papers, explained to wife why a kiss just does not cut it (tho' in hindsight I should have played that out better???) reduced the bottle of top polish vodka to a mere dribble. The period of mourning is over and the black arm band has been removed. I am now ready to face the verbal bashing at work and fight my Tigers corner!! Next weekend its Glasgow and what better game for the guys to re-set their focus and play well for each other. I do hope that there is no division in the locker room? As Cockers said ' no one person is bigger than the club' and therefore the only things that matter is the shirt they play in, the supporters and spirit of the game.

Let's keep the faith, and put Glasgow to the sword :smt027 :smt027
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Grieving Over - Lets Front Up!!

Post by strawclearer »

Well said, that man! :smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Absolutely agree :smt027
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

It's at home........it will be fine...........we'd get beaten away at Harborough at the moment !!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

TigerCam wrote:Right!! Having seen the game, read the papers, explained to wife why a kiss just does not cut it (tho' in hindsight I should have played that out better???) reduced the bottle of top polish vodka to a mere dribble. The period of mourning is over and the black arm band has been removed. I am now ready to face the verbal bashing at work and fight my Tigers corner!! Next weekend its Glasgow and what better game for the guys to re-set their focus and play well for each other. I do hope that there is no division in the locker room? As Cockers said ' no one person is bigger than the club' and therefore the only things that matter is the shirt they play in, the supporters and spirit of the game.

Let's keep the faith, and put Glasgow to the sword /quote]
strawclearer wrote:Well said, that man!
Bundy wrote:Absolutely agree
:smt023 Right on!
Can't be there myself :smt022 :smt013 due to a family engagement. Give the lads a shout out or two for me please!
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

tigercaspian wrote:It's at home........it will be fine...........we'd get beaten away at Harborough at the moment !!
Yes Harborough Magna Seconds! :smt045
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

TigerCam wrote: As Cockers said ' no one person is bigger than the club' and therefore the only things that matter is the shirt they play in, the supporters and spirit of the game. :smt027 :smt027
Agreed they are not playing for the shirt! Thank goodness they took the Leicester badge off the shirts otherwise Leicester would be insulted even more!
This would not happen in Nick Youngs, Troy Thacker or Ian "Dosser" Smith's day!
Or perhaps on Tuesday they might be asked that question and if they are proud of their sons performances in Paris. :smt017
leic

Post by leic »

Nick will be extremely proud of his sons especially Tom. Tom is going through extremely tough times in his personal life and not once has he mentioned this. His heart is always tigers and that will never change.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

OTY ticker is of the finest sort, it got him England caps and has helped carry Tigers along with Cockers and a few others, IMO he tries so hard at times though he loses his technique and control of his game.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Like leic says, we need to support Tom. :smt045
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Yay, let's get back to supporting, Tom, all the lads and our club!
leic

Post by leic »

There's no player at the club more passionate about Tigers than him. He needs all the support he can get at the moment.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

leic wrote:There's no player at the club more passionate about Tigers than him. He needs all the support he can get at the moment.
I'm not 'in the loop' on OTY's personal life and I'm sorry to hear he's 'going through it' yet again. I feel it's insensitive to speculate so all I can do is wish him and his family good fortune - which I do. I'm sure we all do.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
MrG
Tiger Cub

Post by MrG »

wormus wrote:
tigercaspian wrote:It's at home........it will be fine...........we'd get beaten away at Harborough at the moment !!
Yes Harborough Magna Seconds! :smt045
I've seen Harborough this year, sadly they are struggling too. Lots of potential but too many young lads going to Uni and not returning.