Bath blocks Ford exit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Bath blocks Ford exit

Post by Coops »

James Allison quit Ferrari in July 2016 following the death of his wife in March (2016), as he needed to spend more time with family in England. He then went on gardening leave and has now joined Mercedes.

I don't believe any of these rumours and think it could just be posturing by GF and his agent, and possibly Bruce Wayne.

Only those involved with the negotiations know exactly what is happening.
Last edited by Coops on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Allison was removed after clashes with Arrivabene. It is true that his wife had been ill, and then sadly died, and the story was that Allison had to spend more time with his children. However, this was not the reason for his departure. His view of where the team should concentrate its efforts was very different to that of his boss.
Valhalla I am coming!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Whats F1, paint drying? I know what FHs are, but F1 really?
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Who knows! Anyhoo back to Fordy:

Latest news/rumour/update is that Bath are tabling a 3 year extension for Ford. He has interest from Saints, Sale and Tigers. However he's not keen on Sale.

2 horse race perhaps then, and with Saints getting very close to signing Cruden they must have some cash to waste.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I suspect he would also hedge at Stains under the present management and their style, but Tigers can't look too promising either!
Valhalla I am coming!
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

None of the three clubs can look very promising but as Saints have missed out on Cruden they at least have the dosh ready.......
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I feel fairly sure that Halfpenny may be leaving Toulon at the end of this season for personal reasons so the idea that Ford could become a Toulon player is perhaps not so fanciful.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Noddy555 wrote:I feel fairly sure that Halfpenny may be leaving Toulon at the end of this season for personal reasons so the idea that Ford could become a Toulon player is perhaps not so fanciful.
Halfpenny is a 15, Nodders. Oh, and he is a very good place kicker. The only thing they have on common is suspect tackling.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Also, Ford would give up his England place if he was to move to Toulon. He won't be moving abroad.
Last edited by ellis9 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

L Smith so what I know Halfpenny is a fullback and Ford a fly half, It's his kicking ability and fly half play that interests them, as for being selected for
international duty, well the national team doesn't pay his wages do they and a possible future colleague at Toulon ie Steffan Armitage will tell him that a few hundred thousand euros in his bank account will assuage his thirst to play for England.
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

Noddy555 wrote:L Smith so what I know Halfpenny is a fullback and Ford a fly half, It's his kicking ability and fly half play that interests them, as for being selected for
international duty, well the national team doesn't pay his wages do they and a possible future colleague at Toulon ie Steffan Armitage will tell him that a few hundred thousand euros in his bank account will assuage his thirst to play for England.
England do pay his wages... Every time a player plays for England I think they receive in the region of £15,000. Plus any tournament win will be added money. So it does pay to stay in England and play for your country!
Come on you tigers!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Not sure they would sign Ford as a replacement kicker if Halfpenny goes.

I doubt Ford is ready to give up his England career just yet. Playing for Bath and England is probably pretty lucrative and chasing bigger bucks in France now might not be a financially sound move if it hits his England related earnings so early in his career.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

champanzie wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:L Smith so what I know Halfpenny is a fullback and Ford a fly half, It's his kicking ability and fly half play that interests them, as for being selected for
England do pay his wages... Every time a player plays for England I think they receive in the region of £15,000. Plus any tournament win will be added money. So it does pay to stay in England and play for your country!
Increased to £22k + bonuses:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... -pay-deal/
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

I'm unsure where to start with this...

1. Why mention Halfpenny at all then?
2. The international team does pay a large section of his wages - circa £22k* per match plus various segmenets of sponsorship and image rights.
3. Steffon Armitage doesn't play for Toulon anymore and left under a significant cloud. Also Armitage was a fringe Saxons player when he left not an incumbent starter for England.

*edit for information above.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

kornboy130 wrote:
I'm unsure where to start with this...

1. Why mention Halfpenny at all then?
2. The international team does pay a large section of his wages - circa £22k* per match plus various segmenets of sponsorship and image rights.
3. Steffon Armitage doesn't play for Toulon anymore and left under a significant cloud. Also Armitage was a fringe Saxons player when he left not an incumbent starter for England.

*edit for information above.
I assume you've encountered Noddy before...