JP Doyle

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

JP Doyle

Post by LE18 »

Isn't JP Irish? How come he can ref Leinster, I know he is AP ref but isn't this pushing it a wee bit?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: JP Doyle

Post by strawclearer »

LE18 wrote:Isn't JP Irish? How come he can ref Leinster, I know he is AP ref but isn't this pushing it a wee bit?
Even worse - he's from Dublin which is in............Leinster!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

So lets have one of the frenchies off then.......
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

LE18 wrote:So lets have one of the frenchies off then.......
So you reckon it wasn't a red then?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I didn't say that, it was just a synical comment about a "homer" ref, when was a "homer" allowed before to officiate in a match such as this, what has happened to neutral refs, seems such a strange appointment to me?
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

I was thinking the same before the (very obvious) red card.....
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Under the old interpretations I think Steyn may have had a slight argument that Sexton was ducking in.

Sexton received the ball at chest height, ran forward a foot, then went sideways and made the pass with his right knee about 1 inch above the floor and his left thigh parallel to the ground (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETu3UTzIHPA about 36 seconds in)

Steyn's arm was still swinging and under the new interpretation it was a red all day for the head contact.
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

tigercaspian wrote:I was thinking the same before the (very obvious) red card.....
Yeh - I thought it was a bit odd he was the ref as soon as the game started. Not sure on the rules though but there surely must be enough European refs to go around to avoid the appearance of favourtism, however unlikely.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:
tigercaspian wrote:I was thinking the same before the (very obvious) red card.....
Yeh - I thought it was a bit odd he was the ref as soon as the game started. Not sure on the rules though but there surely must be enough European refs to go around to avoid the appearance of favourtism, however unlikely.

Is it all to do with where they referee - after all, JPD is 'one of ours' (although rarely as far as being a fan of Tigers).

Besides, my paper says he consulted Waynetta so the 'Red' must have been merited as he got Dullen's right. :smt003
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

It was that nice Mr Barnes that first bought the offence to his attention. I must admit when they showed the conversation it looked like Wayne was running the show