Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Racing 92 v Tigers Saturday 14th @ 20:45

Post by strawclearer »

ourla wrote:
Spicer wrote:Depending on results it will depend if we can qualify or not that will determine how we set up for Glasgow at home.
Are you from the Ministry of the Bleedin Obvious. I'm sure that is how the competition is to work :smt044
Spicer wrote:I'm very unexcited for some reason.
SAD. You will be alright come May when the day is sunny and we are in the ERC Final.

I really must stop smoking this stuff, it's blowing my brains. :smt025
I bought a pair of rugby boots from a drugs dealer. I don't know what he laced them with but I was trippin' all day!

[Topic...Coat...yeah yeah...]
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

ourla wrote: Only yellow carded once for us afaik (deliberate knock on iirc) so pretty good at keeping a lid on it I would say.

Cue sending off on Saturday!
Quite. People seem to have read a lot into why he initially joined us (perceived disciplinary problems) and assume he's got the temperament of the great Julian White. Far from it from what I've seen - he may wind up the opposition with his scrummaging and carrying but he seems to keep well clear when things get fractious.

As you say Ourla, cue sending off on Saturday night!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
ourla wrote: Only yellow carded once for us afaik (deliberate knock on iirc) so pretty good at keeping a lid on it I would say.

Quite. People seem to have read a lot into why he initially joined us (perceived disciplinary problems) and assume he's got the temperament of the great Julian White. Far from it from what I've seen - he may wind up the opposition with his scrummaging and carrying but he seems to keep well clear when things get fractious.

I thought his 'issues' at Bristol were off the pitch - not on it.

When I coached cricket, I would ask young batsmen what they thought annoyed bowlers the most. "Being hit out of the ground when they bowled a bad ball!" "Wrong. For any bowler, it's when you bowl the very best ball you've bowled all day - and the batsman plays a languid forward defensive and smiles at you as the ball rolls back to your feet". Smiling when things get fractious is a very good ploy!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

strawclearer wrote:
Hot_Charlie wrote:

I thought his 'issues' at Bristol were off the pitch - not on it.

When I coached cricket, I would ask young batsmen what they thought annoyed bowlers the most. "Being hit out of the ground when they bowled a bad ball!" "Wrong. For any bowler, it's when you bowl the very best ball you've bowled all day - and the batsman plays a languid forward defensive and smiles at you as the ball rolls back to your feet". Smiling when things get fractious is a very good ploy!
I remember a HEC game against Cardiff (not the semi) in Cardiff when one of their props got red carded (threw a punch when a scrum was stopped and about to be reset IIRC). The smile/smirk on Julian's face before the ref did anything was absolutely wicked. Along the lines of "you're in deep doodoos now, and I got you there" :smt029
Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Seal »

I'd say Genge is doing a brilliant job of winding up the oppo and stepping back with a smile at just the right moment. Also helps that he is destroying them in the scrum and sending them flying when he carries.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Seal wrote:I'd say Genge is doing a brilliant job of winding up the oppo and stepping back with a smile at just the right moment. Also helps that he is destroying them in the scrum and sending them flying when he carries.
Talking of which - interesting article on our Genge...

http://tinyurl.com/z8o6trn
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

strawclearer wrote:
Seal wrote:I'd say Genge is doing a brilliant job of winding up the oppo and stepping back with a smile at just the right moment. Also helps that he is destroying them in the scrum and sending them flying when he carries.
Talking of which - interesting article on our Genge...

http://tinyurl.com/z8o6trn
Bit worrying
"Genge, who is close to signing a new deal at Leicester" thought we would of signed him up on more than a 1 year deal after last season.

hopefully it is just dotting the i's.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Dreadful pitch
Dreadful ref
Dreadful start
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Don't you have to let the person diving on a kick get up? I might have missed the law change....
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Poor handling costs us again :smt009
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

The ref can only see one offside and it isn't Racings.....
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

We've been terrible but it does help your cause if the officials are at least vaguely competent.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Since halftime in Glasgow I reckon we are 0-73 for away games in Europe this season!

Austin on Leicester 'it is a mess'! Fair play to those who made the trip over. Lots of good stuff to see, just not on the pitch tonight.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

A chest knock on, :censored:???