DOR aspirants, then?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

DOR aspirants, then?

Post by jgriffin »

Anybody but Meyer IMO, and White would be a disaster too.As far as lesser mortals, what odds a Tigers OB as DOR?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by fleabane »

I hope it is NOT a former player. We need someone inspirational and who manages effectively, who is motivational and understands the modern game, and is not anchored in the past.

The board are reassessing the coaching structure, and I would not be surprised to see the DoR role disappear.

We need a scrum coach and a defence coach at the minimum. Geordan and AM can do the backs and attack.
Last edited by fleabane on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valhalla I am coming!
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

How about Matt O'Connor? He has supporters on the board and only left to gain experience as a full DoR.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Bowden Tiger wrote:How about Matt O'Connor? He has supporters on the board and only left to gain experience as a full DoR.
If Pottymouth comes back, my ST goes. Grossly over-rated.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Bowden Tiger wrote:How about Matt O'Connor? He has supporters on the board and only left to gain experience as a full DoR.
Hope not, but Lenny will bust a nut over that news.

For me
Ackermann
Mallett
Deans
I wouldn't be upset with Meyer either TBH, think he could build something he gave a lot of good player there first start (Ford, Tom Youngs etc)
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I don't want Meyer full stop. The one I would be after is Chris Boyd. He has done a great job with the Hurricanes and it seems that they are lining him up to take over from Hanson after the next world cup which is enough recommendation for me. I know it will not be easy to prise him away but Santa Claus does exist cos I saw him on his sleigh going round Braybrooke before Christmas.

Another one who has impressed me is Milton Haig another Kiwi. He has been in charge of Georgia for 6 years now and they haven't lost many times under him including a good run in the 2015 world cup only losing to Argentina and NZ. They certainly gave NZ scrum a roasting and there are not many sides who can say that. He has taken them from an also ran to probably the best tier 2 side and they have qualified automatically for the next WC.
Hehehehehehehehe
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

RagingBull wrote:

For me
Ackermann
Mallett
Deans
I wouldn't be upset with Meyer either TBH, think he could build something he gave a lot of good player there first start (Ford, Tom Youngs etc)
Doubt Mallett will come back to Blighty, though for me a good choice as DOR as a proven league winner, though maybe a little out of touch with European rugby? Robbie Deans wouldn't be bad either. Haig a good call trendy.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

jgriffin wrote:
RagingBull wrote:

For me
Ackermann
Mallett
Deans
Doubt Mallett will come back to Blighty, though for me a good choice as DOR as a proven league winner, though maybe a little out of touch with European rugby? Robbie Deans wouldn't be bad either. Haig a good call trendy.
Mallett took Stade to the european championships didn't he and won the Top 14?
Although a while ago.

Wouldn't mind trying to get Rowntree and VEsty back somehow.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

You can't accuse Mercury columnist Ian Cockerill of sitting on the fence:

"The big question now is what is the Plan B because frankly there is no obviously (sic) candidate out there."

"Eddie Jones, of course, is now doing a great job with England and Pat Lam has announced that he is joining Bristol. The other high-profile candidates are, to put it bluntly, all serial failures."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

strawclearer wrote:You can't accuse Mercury columnist Ian Cockerill of sitting on the fence:

"The big question now is what is the Plan B because frankly there is no obviously (sic) candidate out there."

"Eddie Jones, of course, is now doing a great job with England and Pat Lam has announced that he is joining Bristol. The other high-profile candidates are, to put it bluntly, all serial failures."
I'd go along with that.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

How about Paul Gustard, could we get him from England, our defence would increase enormously with him! Wild card I know but he knows enough about Tigers traditions etc and doing a great job for England and previously Sarries! :smt045
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Richards?

Granted he make not like the board so...................
Last edited by RagingBull on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

The Sith plan has revealed itself Ford Snr will be appointed DOR and Ford junior to join Tigers next season.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

strawclearer wrote:You can't accuse Mercury columnist Ian Cockerill of sitting on the fence:

We will just carry on with the proven failure that is Mauger and 2 ex Tigers players who are there because :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We don't need Rowntree, we have better options to look at.
I'd like to see someone like Corry or Kay involved more, I'd love to see Johnno involved, but I doubt any of them would take a role. Coaches will no doubt change if Aaron wants any of Cockers men out of the picture.
We are lacking an enforcer, both on the field and in the dressing room, Louis Deacon is sadly missed and hasn't been replaced.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.