Post by Tigermattters »

The next DOR should be / will be Martin Johnson. :smt054
Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by Roly »

Tigermattters wrote:The next DOR should be / will be Martin Johnson. :smt054
Personally, I'd let the likes of Tuilagi and these 'wonder' boys from the SH go and wave a fat check in front of Pat Howard.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Roly wrote:
Personally, I'd let the likes of Tuilagi and these 'wonder' boys from the SH go and wave a fat check in front of Pat Howard.
I'd be more inclined to keep "Tuilagi and these 'wonder' boys from the SH" - and then wave a fat cheque in front of Pat Howard! It may be delayed by a season (and a DoR!) but I'm still hoping to see Messrs Toomua, Tuilagi, JPP, Betham and Veainu strutting their SH Stuff in tandem at Welford Road!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

strawclearer wrote:
Roly wrote:
I'd be more inclined to keep "Tuilagi and these 'wonder' boys from the SH" - and then wave a fat cheque in front of Pat Howard! It may be delayed by a season (and a DoR!) but I'm still hoping to see Messrs Toomua, Tuilagi, JPP, Betham and Veainu strutting their SH Stuff in tandem at Welford Road!
Meanwhile, back on planet Earth...
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Roly wrote:
strawclearer wrote:
Roly wrote:
Now look here, Roly (welcome back by the way, missed you!) when dribbling, drubbing and new DoR's all fail - you'll be glad to have my delusional to fall back on!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Ian Robertson has said on Radio 5 Live that he believes SL would be a good choice with AM as his number 2. Not sure about that though.
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Lancaster did a great job of unifying a disheartened and disjointed England side, and got them playing for the right reasons, but he's not a coach to compete with the best as proven. I'd like to see someone like Todd Blackadder who again did a similar re-build at Bath, and has their team playing good rugby once again with more to come.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Not sure I'd be confident Lancaster could be the right choice either.
Last edited by Roly on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

strawclearer wrote: Now look here, Roly (welcome back by the way, missed you!) when dribbling, drubbing and new DoR's all fail - you'll be glad to have my delusional to fall back on!
Wise words mate...
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Didn't Lancaster also lose the players I mean Quins players didn't want him and that is saying something.
hooking_king

Post by hooking_king »

If Cockers was on £500k (I'd love to know where people get these numbers from) then it's not a bad thing that he has gone. I doubt very much that number is true.

Well, with all the other suggestions: Richie McCaw, forwards coach, Jonny Wilkinson kicking coach and Warren Gatland, post Lions tour, as DoR.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote:
strawclearer wrote:
Roly wrote:
Is that why you haven't been posting recently? No Internet in space? When did you get back (to earth that is)? :smt002 :smt003
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Is that why you haven't been posting recently? No Internet in space? When did you get back (to earth that is)? :smt002 :smt003
No internet in hot sandy places....
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

hooking_king wrote:If Cockers was on £500k (I'd love to know where people get these numbers from) then it's not a bad thing that he has gone. I doubt very much that number is true.
If Tigers had won the AP and/or the EC it may well have been and deservedly so.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

h's dad wrote:
hooking_king wrote:If Cockers was on £500k (I'd love to know where people get these numbers from) then it's not a bad thing that he has gone. I doubt very much that number is true.
If Tigers had won the AP and/or the EC it may well have been and deservedly so.
I read £340k somewhere - isn't it in the accounts?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.