DOR aspirants, then?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Tigermattters
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:57 am

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by Tigermattters » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:35 pm

The next DOR should be / will be Martin Johnson. :smt054

Roly
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2351
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by Roly » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:43 pm

Tigermattters wrote:The next DOR should be / will be Martin Johnson. :smt054
Personally, I'd let the likes of Tuilagi and these 'wonder' boys from the SH go and wave a fat check in front of Pat Howard.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3798
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by strawclearer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Roly wrote:
Tigermattters wrote:The next DOR should be / will be Martin Johnson. :smt054
Personally, I'd let the likes of Tuilagi and these 'wonder' boys from the SH go and wave a fat check in front of Pat Howard.
I'd be more inclined to keep "Tuilagi and these 'wonder' boys from the SH" - and then wave a fat cheque in front of Pat Howard! It may be delayed by a season (and a DoR!) but I'm still hoping to see Messrs Toomua, Tuilagi, JPP, Betham and Veainu strutting their SH Stuff in tandem at Welford Road!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

Roly
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2351
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by Roly » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:53 pm

strawclearer wrote:
Roly wrote:
Tigermattters wrote:The next DOR should be / will be Martin Johnson. :smt054
Personally, I'd let the likes of Tuilagi and these 'wonder' boys from the SH go and wave a fat check in front of Pat Howard.
I'd be more inclined to keep "Tuilagi and these 'wonder' boys from the SH" - and then wave a fat cheque in front of Pat Howard! It may be delayed by a season (and a DoR!) but I'm still hoping to see Messrs Toomua, Tuilagi, JPP, Betham and Veainu strutting their SH Stuff in tandem at Welford Road!
Meanwhile, back on planet Earth...
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3798
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by strawclearer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:01 pm

Roly wrote:
strawclearer wrote:
Roly wrote:
Personally, I'd let the likes of Tuilagi and these 'wonder' boys from the SH go and wave a fat check in front of Pat Howard.
I'd be more inclined to keep "Tuilagi and these 'wonder' boys from the SH" - and then wave a fat cheque in front of Pat Howard! It may be delayed by a season (and a DoR!) but I'm still hoping to see Messrs Toomua, Tuilagi, JPP, Betham and Veainu strutting their SH Stuff in tandem at Welford Road!
Meanwhile, back on planet Earth...
Now look here, Roly (welcome back by the way, missed you!) when dribbling, drubbing and new DoR's all fail - you'll be glad to have my delusional to fall back on!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:28 am
Location: Markfield

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by rocktop51 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:31 pm

Ian Robertson has said on Radio 5 Live that he believes SL would be a good choice with AM as his number 2. Not sure about that though.
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”

Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:07 am

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by Norfolk & Goode » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Lancaster did a great job of unifying a disheartened and disjointed England side, and got them playing for the right reasons, but he's not a coach to compete with the best as proven. I'd like to see someone like Todd Blackadder who again did a similar re-build at Bath, and has their team playing good rugby once again with more to come.

Roly
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2351
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by Roly » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Not sure I'd be confident Lancaster could be the right choice either.
Last edited by Roly on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.

Roly
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2351
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by Roly » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:50 pm

strawclearer wrote: Now look here, Roly (welcome back by the way, missed you!) when dribbling, drubbing and new DoR's all fail - you'll be glad to have my delusional to fall back on!
Wise words mate...
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7585
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by RagingBull » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:56 pm

Didn't Lancaster also lose the players I mean Quins players didn't want him and that is saying something.

hooking_king
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:48 am

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by hooking_king » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:37 pm

If Cockers was on £500k (I'd love to know where people get these numbers from) then it's not a bad thing that he has gone. I doubt very much that number is true.

Well, with all the other suggestions: Richie McCaw, forwards coach, Jonny Wilkinson kicking coach and Warren Gatland, post Lions tour, as DoR.

Cagey Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1803
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: South Lincolnshire

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by Cagey Tiger » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:40 pm

Roly wrote:
strawclearer wrote:
Roly wrote:
Personally, I'd let the likes of Tuilagi and these 'wonder' boys from the SH go and wave a fat check in front of Pat Howard.
I'd be more inclined to keep "Tuilagi and these 'wonder' boys from the SH" - and then wave a fat cheque in front of Pat Howard! It may be delayed by a season (and a DoR!) but I'm still hoping to see Messrs Toomua, Tuilagi, JPP, Betham and Veainu strutting their SH Stuff in tandem at Welford Road!
Meanwhile, back on planet Earth...
Is that why you haven't been posting recently? No Internet in space? When did you get back (to earth that is)? :smt002 :smt003

Roly
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2351
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by Roly » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Is that why you haven't been posting recently? No Internet in space? When did you get back (to earth that is)? :smt002 :smt003
No internet in hot sandy places....
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.

h's dad
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2438
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: In front of pc

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by h's dad » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:52 pm

hooking_king wrote:If Cockers was on £500k (I'd love to know where people get these numbers from) then it's not a bad thing that he has gone. I doubt very much that number is true.
If Tigers had won the AP and/or the EC it may well have been and deservedly so.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6804
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by jgriffin » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:20 pm

h's dad wrote:
hooking_king wrote:If Cockers was on £500k (I'd love to know where people get these numbers from) then it's not a bad thing that he has gone. I doubt very much that number is true.
If Tigers had won the AP and/or the EC it may well have been and deservedly so.
I read £340k somewhere - isn't it in the accounts?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anz3001 and 2 guests