DOR aspirants, then?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: DOR aspirants, then?

Post by RagingBull »

ellis9 wrote:Some of the names being mentioned are laughable!

Martin Johnson- no chance will he come as forwards coach! DOR or nothing.
Daryl Gibson- no where near enough experience
Milton Haig- no English rugby experience!
Chris Boyd- same as Haig

If the rumour I heard a few weeks ago is true then I'm not excited at all.
Prob becuase O'Connor isn't very exciting
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

tigercaspian wrote:"The Board will also conduct a review of the coaching structure to determine an appropriate way forward."

This suggests nothing hasty is going to occur and that therefore it will be an appointment towards the end of the season (by which time M Ford will have been fired by Toulon and be available........!)
But Ford has only been at Toulon a few weeks! Ah, but it's Toulon isn't it.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ellis9 wrote: Milton Haig- no English rugby experience!
Chris Boyd- same as Haig
That isn't necessarily a completely bad thing.....is it?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

ellis9 wrote:Wrong decision to sack Cockerill but it's happened so the man they now need to go after is Rob Baxter.
In what kind of parallel universe does anybody think that Rob Baxter would even consider letting down, let alone leave, his personally picked, highly entertaining, really quite successful side which he took to Twickenham last season) to bang his head against a brick wall with Tigers?

He's already poached the players he wanted from us anyway so why would he leave them behind? The suggestion (I trust) is tongue in cheek because it makes no sense. Not to mention that the weather, the beaches and the surfing is better in Exeter than in Leicester.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

ellis9 wrote:Some of the names being mentioned are laughable!
What, like Rob Baxter? :smt003 Great coach, would love to see him take on the Tigers challenge, but works with a team and signed up through to 2018.

I think we are all fantasising as the "available options" actually on the market now, or come the end of the season, just don't look that attractive ...
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Yes. DOR at Tigers is a huge job. Knowledge of Premiership is a necessity in my opinion.

I presume we have someone lined up. If not then why the hell would you sack an experienced DOR with so much passion for the club and then put an inexperienced guy (Mauger) in charge whilst finding someone.

Why would Baxter leave? Why would anyone leave? If that's the case, then we need to go for someone unemployed?! Good god, that really narrows down the options!
Last edited by ellis9 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:
ellis9 wrote:Wrong decision to sack Cockerill but it's happened so the man they now need to go after is Rob Baxter.
In what kind of parallel universe does anybody think that Rob Baxter would even consider letting down, let alone leave, his personally picked, highly entertaining, really quite successful side which he took to Twickenham last season) to bang his head against a brick wall with Tigers?

He's already poached the players he wanted from us anyway so why would he leave them behind? The suggestion (I trust) is tongue in cheek because it makes no sense. Not to mention that the weather, the beaches and the surfing is better in Exeter than in Leicester.
Quite agree with you and BristolTiger on this.....Baxter is Exeter 'family'.
Although the surfing in Exeter itself is pretty poor.............!
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Need a manager with proven ability to win in the Premiership. Richard Cockerill is available?
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

tigercaspian wrote:"The Board will also conduct a review of the coaching structure to determine an appropriate way forward."

This suggests nothing hasty is going to occur and that therefore it will be an appointment towards the end of the season (by which time M Ford will have been fired by Toulon and be available........!)
I saw that statement as well. What a load of spherical objects. Firstly, they have already determined that sacking Cockers is the appropriate way forward. Secondly, the sacking had potentially been on the cards for a long while, so what were the board doing in possible anticipation before the sacking? Nothing by the sound of it. Chuck yourself in a hole and don't think about how to get out of it until you are already in it. Wonderful management and forward planning. Not :smt013 If the club announces a trip to Everards brewery...
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Premiership winning DOR? There's not many of those around. Richard Cockerill was one of them though. :smt023
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Had an email earlier from a friend up t'north that he's heard SLancatser was in the frame. Unfortunately he wasn't winding me up so I'm hoping he's still hungover and confused after New Year!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

It probably isn't a wind up. I heard a few weeks ago that Lancaster was being lined up. I sincerely hope it isn't true!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

It' s probably better than no-one!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:It' s probably better than no-one!
No-one? We still have Mauge the messiah, he can be DOR and still be defence coach, player recruiter, team tactician, skills coach and team selector. Why waste precious money on a new DOR, defence coach, a No 8 and an injury replacement for Toomua. :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

A choice of no one or Lancaster? I know which one I would choose and it isn't Lancaster!