Next match- Coventry v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Next match- Coventry v Tigers

Post by ellis9 »

So after an improved performance from Tigers today, what's the thoughts on next weeks game against Coventry?
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Next match- Coventry v Tigers

Post by Doghashadhisday »

I always hope for a win but realistically a losing bonus point would be a good result. Defensively we need to play like we did today for the rest of the season.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

We live in hope but I can't see this Tigers team winning away at Coventry Wasps. Best we can hope for is try and stay within 20 points.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

All in the air with RC's departure.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

G.K wrote:We live in hope but I can't see this Tigers team winning away at Coventry Wasps. Best we can hope for is try and stay within 20 points.
I never had you down as a Happy Clapper G.K :smt002
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

It will be a very interesting first selection by AM, may tell us a lot, but then maybe not, with all the injuries, just about last man standing in the backs!
Soggypitch
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Wasps will quite comfortably put 40 - 50 points on Tigers. How many Tigers get in response will come down to whether the team 'turn up' or not.

Tigers will not get any points from this match. Wasps are on fire at the moment, they really are a pleasure to watch. Their league position doesn't lie. Mauger might be able to rally the team, but realistically, only a drubbing is likely.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Can see it being.
1) Genge
2) Youngs
3) Cole
4) Slater
5) Fitzgerald
6) Williams
7) O'Connor
8) McCaffrey
9) Youngs
10) Burns
11) Thompstone
12) Williams
13) Roberts
14) Betham
15) Tait

16) Thacker
17) Ayerza or Cilliers
18) Bateman
19) Kithener
20) Evans
21) Kitto
22) Harrison
23) Worth/Brady

Secertly hoping that Yawayawa over takes Brady but Brady has experiance.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

5:3 Forwards to Backs on the bench rather than 6:2 which featured recently IIRC. Must be tempting to swap Kitto for Hamilton but I think your XV almost picks itself given the injury list.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Roly wrote:Wasps will quite comfortably put 40 - 50 points on Tigers. How many Tigers get in response will come down to whether the team 'turn up' or not.

Tigers will not get any points from this match. Wasps are on fire at the moment, they really are a pleasure to watch. Their league position doesn't lie. Mauger might be able to rally the team, but realistically, only a drubbing is likely.
There is a gleeful quality about this post. Odd from a Tigers supporter
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

northerntiger wrote:
Roly wrote:Wasps will quite comfortably put 40 - 50 points on Tigers. How many Tigers get in response will come down to whether the team 'turn up' or not.

Not really, any 'supporter' with a brain would be as realistic in their 'expectation'.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote:
northerntiger wrote:

Not really, any 'supporter' with a brain would be as realistic in their 'expectation'.
There were those (not you as you weren't posting at the time) who had the same "expectation" about the Sarries game. I would say that realistically, 40+ points by Wasps is a possibility. 25-40 more likely. If nearer 50, can see AM following RC out of the door in double-quick time.

P.S. you seem to be eulogising Wasps as much as you used to Sarries. Are Wasps your new favourites or do you ha divided loyalties between Wasps and Sarries :smt002
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
There were those (not you as you weren't posting at the time) who had the same "expectation" about the Sarries game. I would say that realistically, 40+ points by Wasps is a possibility. 25-40 more likely. If nearer 50, can see AM following RC out of the door in double-quick time.

P.S. you seem to be eulogising Wasps as much as you used to Sarries. Are Wasps your new favourites or do you ha divided loyalties between Wasps and Sarries :smt002
I have to say, Wasps are playing fine rugby at the moment, I will admire good rugby whoever is playing it - as I've said, the table doesn't lie (although during the early Saracens revival, it actually did!).
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Scuse me but I wasn't aware that Wasps had changed their name to Coventry until 18 months ago they were still known as London Wasps although granted its some time ago that they last played regularly in London. Perhaps you lot are going over next Sunday to see a different game. Does the old Coventry club still exist? Are they playing in the Midlands premier division?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Yes, Coventry RFC still exist.

"Coventry" Wasps are the old London Wasps who treated their fans disgustingly by moving to a completely different city instead of cutting their cloth accordingly. I now call them Coventry Wasps.