Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Next match- Coventry v Tigers

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

RagingBull wrote:
Skin_and_Muscle wrote:O'Connor at 8; I think this is his first spell there for us. Hopefully he'll be as successful as he was for Hawke's Bay.

Good to see Smith back, too.

Didn't he come on at 8 around 20 mins in v Glous last season with Evans starting at 7.
I defer to your superior memory. I'll change my answer to 'first start'. :smt023
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I like the look of that team including the replacements given the injuries we have.
I do however have some questions that one of you may be able to answer for me
have the following been reported as injured & I have missed it or where are they?
Fraser Balmain - THP
Luke Hamilton - Back Row
Harry Wells - Lock
Harry Thacker - Hooker
Jono Kitto - Scrum Half
Also as far as I was aware:
Tom Croft was not playing as he had Food Poisoning as reported on 3rd Dec.
Marcos Ayerza Pulled Calf Muscle as reported 20th Nov & was due to be back after 2 Weeks.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Just about the best side AM could pick in the circs. Nice to see Evans get a start.

Interesting that AM has gone with Roberts at 12, not Williams as most on here were predicting. I wonder if that will still be the case if Tait is fit next week (apparently he was nearly there this week).

Also interesting that he has picked McGuigan on the bench not Thacker, I think most of us would not have predicted that.

Feel a little sorry for Hamilton who again is not in the 23,after being player of the month in November, but I guess that just shows the relative strength of our back row.

Looking forward to the game, just hope we really turn up and put in a big performance.
Soggypitch
Brianf

Post by Brianf »

Wasps Team is

15 Beale
14 Wade
13 Daly
12 Eastmond
11 Bassett
10 Gopperth
9 Robson
1 Mullan
2 Taylor
3 Moore
4 Symons
5 Myall
6 Young
7 Thompson
8 Hughes

16 Johnson
17 McIntyre
18 Swainston
19 Gaskell
20 Haskell
21 Simpson
22 Cipriani
23 Miller

Strong team
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Qbec wrote:I like the look of that team including the replacements given the injuries we have.
I do however have some questions that one of you may be able to answer for me
have the following been reported as injured & I have missed it or where are they?
Fraser Balmain - THP
Luke Hamilton - Back Row
Harry Wells - Lock
Harry Thacker - Hooker
Jono Kitto - Scrum Half
Also as far as I was aware:
Tom Croft was not playing as he had Food Poisoning as reported on 3rd Dec.
Marcos Ayerza Pulled Calf Muscle as reported 20th Nov & was due to be back after 2 Weeks.
I haven't read anything about Ayerza and Croft so would assume they are still not fit.

The others I believe are all fit but not selected.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Ourla: Thanks for that may be that right regarding my first list. Myself I would like to see more of Harry Wells also his names sake Harry Thacker even if it is off the bench.
Regarding Tom & Marcus just seems a little strange given the reported reasons for absence at the time that we've heard no more about them.
Thank anyway.

I would like to comment on the Racing '92 fans offer to Munsters travelling fans of a bed for the night over this weekends game. That to me shows that Rugby Union has heart, well at least the fans do.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Balmain is injured last I heard.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Cockers said Ayerza could be on the bench v Wasps so expect him back next week. Likewise Tait.

I have heard from a reasonably reliable source that TC has played his last game of first class rugby - sincerely hope that info is wrong.
Soggypitch
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Not exactly a 'changing of the guard' in team selection after the departure of RC! Interesting to see O'Connor at 8 and glad to see Evans at 7. Not a lot else of note. Don't like to single player out but Peter Betham needs to step up. Not been at the races of late.

For the believers in the revolution: 4/1 widely available on a Tigers win. +11 points on the handicap at 10/11. Can't see too many betting the mortgage!!!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

MrPartridge wrote:Not exactly a 'changing of the guard' in team selection after the departure of RC! Interesting to see O'Connor at 8 and glad to see Evans at 7. Not a lot else of note. Don't like to single player out but Peter Betham needs to step up. Not been at the races of late.

For the believers in the revolution: 4/1 widely available on a Tigers win. +11 points on the handicap at 10/11. Can't see too many betting the mortgage!!!
Looking at that Wasps side, particularly the backs, I'll be keeping my money firmly in my pocket thanks Mr P!!
Soggypitch
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Could we not have any injuries this week just for a change !
I'm not cynical just experienced
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Looking at the relative strength of those squads, the bookies have it about right, imo. The mindset of the players, after what has happened, will be critical.

Nice to see Smithy back in the squad.

Those asking about Marcos and Tait - Mauger reported earlier in the week that Marcos was back in training, but was 'touch and go' for this game; and Tait was hopefully on track for the Racing game.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Good to see Matt Smith back in the 23. He was a player reborn under Mauger, and a true Tiger, through and through.
Valhalla I am coming!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Soggypitch wrote:Cockers said Ayerza could be on the bench v Wasps so expect him back next week. Likewise Tait.

I have heard from a reasonably reliable source that TC has played his last game of first class rugby - sincerely hope that info is wrong.
So how does food poisoning end someones Rugby career :smt017
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

G.K wrote:
Soggypitch wrote:Cockers said Ayerza could be on the bench v Wasps so expect him back next week. Likewise Tait.

So how does food poisoning end someones Rugby career :smt017
Well...back in AD (that's Anno Domini and not to be confused with AC - 'After Cockers') 23, Drusus Julius Caesar died of food poisoning administered it's said by Sejanus Cassius (note the initials) which brought an abrupt end to a promising career at tight head. :smt030
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives