Teams up v Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Teams up v Saracens

Post by RagingBull »

Leicester Tigers (v Saracens, Welford Road, Sunday 3.00pm)
15 Freddie Burns
14 Peter Betham
13 Jack Roberts
12 Manu Tuilagi
11 Adam Thompstone
10 Owen Williams
9 Ben Youngs
1 Ellis Genge
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Ed Slater
5 Mike Fitzgerald
6 Mike Williams
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 George McGuigan
17 Pat Cilliers
18 Greg Bateman
19 Graham Kitchener
20 Will Evans
21 Sam Harrison
22 George Worth
23 Tom Brady
Tigerbeat

Re: Teams up v saracens

Post by Tigerbeat »

Saracens team to face Leicester Tigers

15 Alex Goode
14. Chris Ashton
13. Marcelo Bosch
12. Brad Barritt ©
11. Sean Maitland
10. Owen Farrell
9. Ben Spencer

1. Richard Barrington
2. Jamie George
3. Juan Figallo
4. Will Skelton
5. Maro Itoje
6. Michael Rhodes
7. Schalk Burger
8. Jackson Wray

16. Schalk Brits
17. Titi Lamositele
18. Petrus Du Plessis
19. Jim Hamilton
20. Kelly Brown
21. Neil De Kock
22. Alex Lozowski
23. Nathan Earle
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I fancy 4 points for Tigers
I'm not cynical just experienced
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I fear for out pack.

If I was as to pick a pack from those 2 teams only Williams and maybe Cole would get in.
Tigerbeat

Re: Teams up v Saracens

Post by Tigerbeat »

Club captain Tom Youngs and England duo Dan Cole and Ben Youngs return to the starting line-up for Leicester Tigers in the home game against Saracens this Sunday.

The Youngs brothers sat out the Christmas fixture at Exeter, while prop Cole appeared as a second-half replacement at Sandy Park on his recover from a leg injury suffered on international duty during the autumn Tests.

The return of scrum-half Youngs is the only change to the backline since the Round 11 defeat at Exeter, while skipper Youngs joins Cole and Ellis Genge in the front row.

More than 24,000 tickets have been sold in advance for Sunday's game and remaining places are still available at the Tigers ticket office at Welford Road.
www.matthampson.co.uk
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Sarries team looks amazingly good, what a bench! So can we raise our game and get anything out of this, can we do a Munster at home, or will we be going home with more calling for Cocker's head? :smt017
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Can't see a win here...........And before anyone ties me to a stake and surrounds my feet with burning faggots ...... It's not doom mongery. Sarries are a cohesive, tried and tested unit. We are assembled from what is left after injury. No vunipolas in their pack but enough in reserve to be effective. Backs look a formidable unit, nothing given in defence. What have we got in attack? I'm expecting nothing but hope to be surprised.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Big Dai wrote:Can't see a win here...........And before anyone ties me to a stake and surrounds my feet with burning faggots ...... It's not doom mongery. Sarries are a cohesive, tried and tested unit. We are assembled from what is left after injury. No vunipolas in their pack but enough in reserve to be effective. Backs look a formidable unit, nothing given in defence. What have we got in attack? I'm expecting nothing but hope to be surprised.
I am with you on this Big Dai. I can't see a win but will still turn up in hope. I can see us losing the next 3 games. Wasps have not lost at home for the whole of 2016, Racing will be strong at home and Sarries are streets ahead and almost at full strength. Even if we lose the next 3 I am not in the camp that will be calling for immediate change.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

On paper two strong well matched teams. The result rather depends on which Leicester team turns up and who gets on best with JP on the day. Wouldn't have thought it would be a particularly open free flowing game. To beat Sarries you can not let them get a couple of scores up, otherwise they'll just strangle you. Although they don't exactly crumble if they are a few points down.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I'm predicting a narrow victory, providing the forwards play well and our set piece functions!!

Sarries are without both Vunipolas and Kruis.
Soggypitch
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

How many ties will sarries score from a rolling maul ? Unless we defend well early on it will be a rout .
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Our defence of the rolling maul has been poor for some time. Against Chiefs, the one from which they scored the first try, there were Tigers players joining from the side and driving sideways, instead of the back.
No wonder we lost!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Bowden Tiger wrote:Our defence of the rolling maul has been poor for some time. Against Chiefs, the one from which they scored the first try, there were Tigers players joining from the side and driving sideways, instead of the back.
No wonder we lost!
On the Radio Leicester podcast they said that Slater got pinged a lot even though what he was doing was legal. I don't know if that is true as I haven't seen the game.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

At least they have got a more experienced ref for this game and know how JP works.
How many cards for late or high tackles on Sunday?
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Slater was coming through the middle, which is legal, or the laws say that it is. But tbh if the referee gives a try, when not even the Chiefs thought that they had scored, there isn't much chance for him to get other things right.