Teams up v Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Teams up v Saracens

Post by Hot_Charlie »

MikeR wrote:How many ties will sarries score from a rolling maul ? Unless we defend well early on it will be a rout .
In short, use the boots of Williams and Burns to play a decent territorial game and then try not to give away any penalties outside their 22.

Simples.

:smt002

Good for Genge to get another test though against a quality international TH though.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
MikeR wrote:How many ties will sarries score from a rolling maul ? Unless we defend well early on it will be a rout .
In short, use the boots of Williams and Burns to play a decent territorial game and then try not to give away any penalties outside their 22.

Simples.

:smt002

Good for Genge to get another test though against a quality international TH though.
Agreed about a decent territorial game H_C........and after that happy for Tigers forwards to keep it to themselves!

Putting all the rumour-mongering and tribal stirring to one side for a bit, Sarries are the best side in Europe. They now play a top quality game and go from rock-solid defence to scything attack in a matter of strides. If we can get a win tomorrow , and I think we can, it will be a terrific result.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Mulipola out? Hope so because playing GB against Sarries at LH is a ridiculous call,I believe he's only ever played once there before. Burns at FB again when completely ineffective last time out. Sarries bench way better,LBP point to come before the Ricoh smashing!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Teams up v saracens

Post by TigerCam »

chewbacca wrote:I fancy 4 points for Tigers
How do you score 4 pts? :smt043
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Scott1 wrote:Mulipola out? LBP point to come before the Ricoh smashing!
Need a lot of luck for the first. Given the form, the second highly likely!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I called one point out of these 3 games a while back and was ridiculed! It didn't take a genius to work out we were gonna get crushed at SP really! Sarries even without the Vunipolas and Kruis are still a well drilled machine and our selection and bench gives me absolutely no confidence whatsoever. I will be there in hope more than expectation and see a LBP at most. Sad times really!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

How times change. Most don't expect Tigers to win against decent opposition, even at WR nowadays, says it all really. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

G.K wrote:How times change. Most don't expect Tigers to win against decent opposition, even at WR nowadays, says it all really. :smt009
It is possibly due to the Tigers consistent form of being inconsistent? You just do not know which team is going to turn up game after game - the names are the same but the collective beast is fickle to say the least
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I will be pleasantly surprised if we get anything from this.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Scott1 wrote:I called one point out of these 3 games a while back and was ridiculed! It didn't take a genius to work out we were gonna get crushed at SP really! Sarries even without the Vunipolas and Kruis are still a well drilled machine and our selection and bench gives me absolutely no confidence whatsoever. I will be there in hope more than expectation and see a LBP at most. Sad times really!
Why bother turning up if you are so sure and all knowing.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Because he goes in hope .... as do I because we are supporters but we can also be realists.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Teams up v saracens

Post by chewbacca »

TigerCam wrote:
chewbacca wrote:I fancy 4 points for Tigers
How do you score 4 pts? :smt043
By winning without a bonus point perhaps
I'm not cynical just experienced
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Really cant see us doing anything other than at the very best a LBP. A part of me is very anxious and fears a thrashing at home 40+ points. Lets hope I'm wrong. :smt012
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I can tell you now we won't concede 40+ points.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I really can't make my mind up about the current Tigers team. They beat a Munster team that has been unbeaten since the sad death of Foley, a run that included a 14 man victory over a Glasgow team that had thrashed Tigers, and now leaves them atop the Pro12 league. This was a match Tigers could have lost but they showed ferocious desire to compete and fought to the end to secure a win with virtually the last kick of the match. Contrast this with the Tigers side that appears disorganised and disinterested and is left whimpering as they get swept aside in other matches.

I don't know what makes the difference and I imagine the coaches don't either.