Player Development.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Player Development.

Post by Tigerbeat »

BFG wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Tell me where I have hype them up? I even said it means nothing till they play senior rugby.

I stand by that those do have potential, which I will say again means nothing till they play senior rugby.

What needs avoiding which is my main point is that these players must not be allowed to reduce the level of the squad or training levels.
I believe that will lead to inconsistency and IMO that is what is currently happening.
Given the number of injuries and the restriction in finance / salary cap, there is a need to bring in these players. That is where the inconsistency is and will continue till they fully gel and are integrated into the 1st team squad or injured players regain fitness.
Where else can players be taken from to fill a team?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tigerbeat wrote:
BFG wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Tell me where I have hype them up? I even said it means nothing till they play senior rugby.

I stand by that those do have potential, which I will say again means nothing till they play senior rugby.

What needs avoiding which is my main point is that these players must not be allowed to reduce the level of the squad or training levels.
I believe that will lead to inconsistency and IMO that is what is currently happening.
Given the number of injuries and the restriction in finance / salary cap, there is a need to bring in these players. That is where the inconsistency is and will continue till they fully gel and are integrated into the 1st team squad or injured players regain fitness.
Where else can players be taken from to fill a team?
That really explains what many have been saying whilst others have been asking for heads to roll.
From what I have seen there are some good young development players but they are not great and never will be in the real world.
RC and AM have made some excellent signings far beyond the level of any development potential, Veainu, Genge, O'Connor, Mike Williams etc.
Injuries have really reduced the ability to gel the squad as might've been hoped but IMO some incoming development players have reduced the quality of what might've been hoped for in the process.
Where else do you fill a team? Nowhere else, but that is part of my point as to why the inconsistency!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

I blame the person that p'd off Dusty Hare
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

And who was that?
Valhalla I am coming!
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

TigerCam wrote:I blame the person that p'd off Dusty Hare
+1 !
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

I would suggest that it is he who signs the cheques, and that is above our DoR!
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

BFG makes a good point regarding the quality of the "opposition" during squad training. If you have real depth of quality squad players your opposition in training can be an effective opposition comparable to the opposition in matches. A team needs a good defence against their rolling maul to train to get the attacking maul right and counter a good defence and they need a good attacking maul to train to defend against. Performance suggests that this is a problem for Tigers at the moment.

Is this another example of big squads and deep pockets making a difference?

At junior level we have real problems getting teenagers motivated for training and often need a friendly game to get the team sharp enough foe a cup match.

Development of your own players does foster a stable squad who then learn to play together. Two year contracts with a third of the team changing each year makes building a team difficult.