Exeter v Tigers - 24th December 2016

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Exeter v Tigers - 24th December 2016

Post by MrPartridge »

TTE playing ghost of Christmas past beautifully! Cockers taking on the role of Bad Santa!!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

MrPartridge wrote:TTE playing ghost of Christmas past beautifully! Cockers taking on the role of Bad Santa!!!

What's wrong with bad Santa?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Leicester Tigers director of rugby Richard Cockerill told BBC Radio Leicester: "It was a little bit frustrating and indisciplined in the first half and we gave away cheap field possession, turning the ball over too easily.

"We came back pretty strongly in the second half and scored a couple, so that was encouraging, but I was disappointed by Thomas Waldrom's (second) try. I thought that he was held up - and they are big moments.

"We've got a player at the bottom of the post and Waldrom is on top of him. The ball is not placed at the bottom of the post, so it's not a try.

"I thought the referee had a really poor game, scrum he was poor, and refereed the two sets of mauls differently."
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

I don't know where the rubbish about Genge's scrummaging is coming from, as I remember he was directly penalised for taking it down, when it was Tigers put in, and we were going forwards. Perhaps it was Francis binding on his arm that caused it to go down!
Does anyone know why Waldrom was not binned when he deliberately knocked down a Tigers pass, when a penalty was given?

The referee was inept, we were poor for the first half, and were much improved in the second. There were many missed opportunities in the second half, with Roberts cutting their defence in two on a couple of occasions.

But we cannot continue with trying to play catch up rugby.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:Leicester Tigers director of rugby Richard Cockerill told BBC Radio Leicester: "It was a little bit frustrating and indisciplined in the first half and we gave away cheap field possession, turning the ball over too easily.

"We came back pretty strongly in the second half and scored a couple, so that was encouraging, but I was disappointed by Thomas Waldrom's (second) try. I thought that he was held up - and they are big moments.

"We've got a player at the bottom of the post and Waldrom is on top of him. The ball is not placed at the bottom of the post, so it's not a try.

"I thought the referee had a really poor game, scrum he was poor, and refereed the two sets of mauls differently."
Cockers had previously stated that you cannot blame the referee for the outcome of a game and you have to take him out of the equation. Well we clearly failed to do that and therefore it is no excuse for another poor away defeat.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

[quote="Jumbo"]No Youngs.

Leicester Tigers (v Exeter Chiefs, away, Saturday 3.00pm)
15 Freddie Burns. - Mathew Tait
14 Adam Thompstone. JP Petersen
13 Jack Roberts. Matt Smith
12 Manu Tuilagi. Matt Toomua
11 Peter Betham. Telusa Veainu
10 Owen Williams. Oli Bryant
9 Sam Harrison. Ben Youngs
1 Ellis Genge. Marcos Ayerza
2 George McGuigan. Greg Bateman
3 Pat Cilliers. Fraser Balmain
4 Ed Slater (c). Dom Barrow
5 Mike Fitzgerald. Harry Wells
6 Mike Williams. Tom Croft
7 Brendon O'Connor. Tom Youngs! (C)
8 Luke Hamilton. Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 Harry Thacker. Richard Cockerill
17 Logovi'i Mulipola. Michele Rizzo
18 Dan Cole. Simon Cohen
19 Graham Kitchener. Richard Blaze
20 Will Evans. Aaron Maugher
21 Jono Kitto. Santa Claus - Fast delivery!
22 George Worth. George Catchpole
23 Tom Brady. Geordan Murphy

What team crisis at Christmas - here is a team that might have won at Sandy Park Happy Christmas and a better New Year when some of the above are back playing :smt031
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Is Cockers likely to be in trouble for his (valid) criticism of the referee?
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Hinckley Bob wrote:Is Cockers likely to be in trouble for his (valid) criticism of the referee?
When you are grasping at straws I guess you don't think of the consequences?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Hinckley Bob wrote:Is Cockers likely to be in trouble for his (valid) criticism of the referee?
Probably not. Others do it every week without sanction which, in fairness to Cockers, may give him comments some weight of validity, even if they change nothing apart from discussion in the officials' debrief.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Hot_Charlie wrote:Will we ever be able to defend from 5 metres out ever again? It would be a start for a fix as it's becoming a recurring theme.
As soon as Exeter got their first line out I knew it would be catch and drive and a try. Way too easy so they did it again and again. Worst Tigers team I've ever seen, pretty much write this season off now, this team won't make the play offs.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

So, that worked then didn't it..... :smt009 Worth rested 'cos he's had 4 games - Jeez, what is this, a bleedin' rest home, he's young, fit and should be rarin' to go, tearin' the walls down to get on. If he's good enough against Munster of all teams he's good enough against the Pasty Munchers. A rest..? That's what Sunday's for isn't it... Cole "fit" according to Cockerel but on the bench... answer the question - why is the best tight head on the bench if he's fit...?

Fred has had a decent season at 10 so why move him to the lonely end of the pitch...? Does Cockerel think he's Jason Robinson..?

Some bloke who used to play for us scores two tries against us, sweet justice. How nice that must have felt on Christmas Eve (yes it was a damn silly day to play this fixture - what happened to local "derby's", think about the travelling fans... not rocket science is it - Exeter v Bath, Bris v Glos, Tigers v Wassups, Stains v Worcester Sauce, etc. I know I know). And we're looking for a number 8 some folk have said. Hhhm.... Mind, his face didn't fit, allegedly. That's done us a lot of good hasn't it. He hasn't scored many tries the past two seasons has he. Some were boring 5 metre jobs yes, but we used to cheer Neil Back when he did it for us.

Owen W has a stinker (your opinions, not mine, I didn't see it thankfully, has that anything to do with playing mostly at centre this season.

Me'thinks Cockerel has peaked, time to give Mauger and Murphy some free reign. Or is that rein. Or rain even. Poor to bad to worse. Lots of passion and pride says RC but that ain't enough. Sommat's got to change. Bring back Johnno, Healey and Corry, he was lounging around the other week, looking slim and trim. Pity Allardyce has gone to Palace eh. Mind, the bloke at King Power might be looking for a job soon. Wrong shaped ball...? :smt018

Ah well, onwards and upwards so my Aunt Nellie used to say at this time of year, and she knew a thing or two. Knew :censored: all about rugby mind you, about as much as me, but it's the New Year soon and it'll all get better.

Season's Greetings Comrades. :smt038
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

BirstallBrian wrote:So, that worked then didn't it..... :smt009 Worth rested 'cos he's had 4 games - Jeez, what is this, a bleedin' rest home, he's young, fit and should be rarin' to go, tearin' the walls down to get on. If he's good enough against Munster of all teams he's good enough against the Pasty Munchers. A rest..? That's what Sunday's for isn't it... Cole "fit" according to Cockerel but on the bench... answer the question - why is the best tight head on the bench if he's fit...?

Fred has had a decent season at 10 so why move him to the lonely end of the pitch...? Does Cockerel think he's Jason Robinson..?

Some bloke who used to play for us scores two tries against us, sweet justice. How nice that must have felt on Christmas Eve (yes it was a damn silly day to play this fixture - what happened to local "derby's", think about the travelling fans... not rocket science is it - Exeter v Bath, Bris v Glos, Tigers v Wassups, Stains v Worcester Sauce, etc. I know I know). And we're looking for a number 8 some folk have said. Hhhm.... Mind, his face didn't fit, allegedly. That's done us a lot of good hasn't it. He hasn't scored many tries the past two seasons has he. Some were boring 5 metre jobs yes, but we used to cheer Neil Back when he did it for us.

Owen W has a stinker (your opinions, not mine, I didn't see it thankfully, has that anything to do with playing mostly at centre this season.

Me'thinks Cockerel has peaked, time to give Mauger and Murphy some free reign. Or is that rein. Or rain even. Poor to bad to worse. Lots of passion and pride says RC but that ain't enough. Sommat's got to change. Bring back Johnno, Healey and Corry, he was lounging around the other week, looking slim and trim. Pity Allardyce has gone to Palace eh. Mind, the bloke at King Power might be looking for a job soon. Wrong shaped ball...? :smt018

Ah well, onwards and upwards so my Aunt Nellie used to say at this time of year, and she knew a thing or two. Knew :censored: all about rugby mind you, about as much as me, but it's the New Year soon and it'll all get better.

Season's Greetings Comrades. :smt038
Do you feel better after that Brian? Happy New Year.
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

Do you feel better after that Brian? Happy New Year.

D'ya know Bob, I feels SO much better after that, I felt like I've had 14 mince pies and a couple of pints of Milk Stout (available at The Blue Boar Inn, Millstone Lane, Leicester, while stocks last). Where was I...?

Yes, I feel a lot better thanks. But don't mistake that for an anger fueled rant, I wus merely exchanging a few thoughts, ruminating upon the mysteries of the mind of the Great One, aka Ricardo Cockerel, and wondering what rabbits might be pulled out of the hat for Sunday's crucifixion - Oops, wrong bank holiday - 'gainst the Saracen army :smt027 . Maybe Youngs (T) at full back, Betham at Prop, Mullipola on the left wing - now that would be a sight under a high ball eh, if he hit you off balance you would have a couple of those wouldn't you (smut, nothing but smut, mind you it is Panto season). Harrison at 8... Corry on the bench, who knows. I'll be getting banned from this place soon.....

I tries to make an honest point with a bit of (admittedly very) off beat humour, and folks thinks I'm letting off steam..... Ah well.

Like I says Bob, Onwards and Upwards eh. Happy New Year to you too...!
:smt035 :smt030 :smt039
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

BirstallBrian wrote:Do you feel better after that Brian? Happy New Year.

D'ya know Bob, I feels SO much better after that, I felt like I've had 14 mince pies and a couple of pints of Milk Stout (available at The Blue Boar Inn, Millstone Lane, Leicester, while stocks last). Where was I...?

Yes, I feel a lot better thanks. But don't mistake that for an anger fueled rant, I wus merely exchanging a few thoughts, ruminating upon the mysteries of the mind of the Great One, aka Ricardo Cockerel, and wondering what rabbits might be pulled out of the hat for Sunday's crucifixion - Oops, wrong bank holiday - 'gainst the Saracen army :smt027 . Maybe Youngs (T) at full back, Betham at Prop, Mullipola on the left wing - now that would be a sight under a high ball eh, if he hit you off balance you would have a couple of those wouldn't you (smut, nothing but smut, mind you it is Panto season). Harrison at 8... Corry on the bench, who knows. I'll be getting banned from this place soon.....

I tries to make an honest point with a bit of (admittedly very) off beat humour, and folks thinks I'm letting off steam..... Ah well.

Like I says Bob, Onwards and Upwards eh. Happy New Year to you too...!
:smt035 :smt030 :smt039
How many pints did you say??
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Tigerbeat wrote:Leicester Tigers director of rugby Richard Cockerill told BBC Radio Leicester: "The ball is not placed at the bottom of the post, so it's not a try."
And there lies one of the main issues with Cockerill, not interested in any other opinion but his own. The 'fact' was that Foley stated clearly that he'd seen the ball grounded against the base of the post and wanted to check whether there was a second movement.

Only Foley could see this, no cameras, players (except maybe TTE?) and certainly no coaches sitting high up in their perches could comment.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good scapegoat eh!