Again - is it now time to thank Simon Cohen?!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Again - is it now time to thank Simon Cohen?!

Post by strawclearer »

strawclearer wrote:If the rumours of Peter Tom having some serious Welford Road meetings yesterday are true - and I have no idea if they are or not - then I sincerely hope he's saved his ire for the man at the top and not RC and his coaching team.
...and, by an uncanny coincidence, this from Austin Healey!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... st-adrift/

"It is easy to blame the players and coaches for bad results, but there are underlying issues as well. For Leicester this is not about the coaches, the players, the injuries, it is about the club.

Leicester’s greater challenge lies off the field, where they need to become far more dynamic. They have been this lumbering giant that has rested on its laurels for too long. Off the field, they feel slow to react. Why no satellite clubs around the world, why no brand development outside the UK? The Tigers brand is made for China. Instead, whenever I go to Welford Road there just seem to be a lot of unhappy faces around. There appears a disconnect between the boardroom, the sponsors, the supporters and the players, who are often placed out of reach."

Uncomfortable reading for SC et al...I hope.

Maybe we need a new thread - Is it now time to thank Simon Cohen?
Last edited by strawclearer on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Is it now time to thank Simon Cohen?

Post by LE18 »

Is SC the lumbering giant, he looks like it to me, super fit, not exactly your peer to look up to?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Insufficiently dynamic; lumbering; slow to react; no brand development; disconnected.

Any board of directors that allows a CEO to retain his/her position if even one of the above is accurate needs to evaluate its own role.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Get rid of the lot.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

RagingBull wrote:Get rid of the lot.
I hate it when you sit on the fence!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

A broad presence in and support of youth rugby and an effective academy. Nurture tomorrows first team who will have an investment in the club and culture.
I'm not cynical just experienced
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I lost all respect for SC when I asked the question at last years AGM about the club's lack of a statement regarding the "salary gate clubs" and he wasn't man enough to answer it and had to be bailed out by Digby Jones. Sorry, but the answer to the thread is Yes but I don't think it will happen. Not many CEO's fall on their broken swords - much easier to let the manager take all of the blame.
Hehehehehehehehe
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Do people think thanks are due?

Anyone who has read my comments regarding Richard Cockerill over the years will know I had serious doubts/misgivings on his credentials as a DOR, however if they had also read between the lines they would know I have never doubted his commitment to Leicester Tigers, so if/when RC goes I will be first in line to thank him for his efforts and contributions to the club and wish him all the very best in the future.

However Simon Cohen? I don't know the insider 'wheeling & dealings' well enough but as an outsider I do have serious doubts. I keep hearing him moan about our lack of resources etc but what has he done to address that problem? Anybody know what his annual salary is compared with a players salary? like other failing CEO's in business does he get a yearly bonus based on performance?

So in answer to the question should he go? IMHO YES! should go with thanks until I see some evidence of what he has achieved during his tenure can't say!

Anyone else want to discuss?
joeybside
Tiger Cub

Post by joeybside »

His part in the Brady deal further proves that his interests only serve himself
LEICESTER TIGERS ULTRAS

FB: Leicester Tigers Ultras

Twitter @tigersultras
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Sorry joeybside. Can you explain that one please. Sounds suspicious!
Give blood, play rugby!!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes I think we should have a complete clearout. As Well as Cockers, Cohen was another on my mind for the order of the boot along with a couple of others in the
mismanagement team.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Dare I say if we want to build a club atmosphere from the Base and bring on young players and have a locally based academy feeding a stream of players into the first team we Need .... Richards, Wells and Hare?

Oh...we had them once before didn't we.........
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I agree with a lot of what Oz says but I'm not sure Wasps have actually got a 'a brilliant business model' - time will tell on that score. Also, despite how well they're playing, there's no way Wasps are the biggest club in the Midlands....yet. You just have to look at attendances to see that's not the case.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

All though this forum there are those who seem to imply an inside connection (or had their ear to wall) and want to elevate their status in posting unsubstantiated snippets.
If you want to say something say it clearly or don't post it all.

Oz is of course stirring it as he is paid to. You don't read bland articles do you?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I'll wait and see. If Peter Tom is on the move I suspect we will see heads roll and a significant shift in clubs finances and management, more towards the offshore model it already has a foot in. The era of true rugby clubs at the highest level may be over, to rugby's detriment (as proven in miniature in Wales).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.