Team up v Munster!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Team for Saturday v Munster...ideas??

Post by WiggoTiger »

I hope to see a team full of players with pride and commitment to the shirt: Harrison, Thacker, Worth, Genge and who else??? :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Team for Saturday v Munster...ideas??

Post by fleabane »

Oakham School 1st XV?
Valhalla I am coming!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Happy to get shot down on this but I'd rather we write this year's ECC campaign off and keep our powder dry for Exeter, Sarries and Pests.
I said something similar before we failed to make a historic 10th consecutive Premiership final so I know what responses are likely heading my way.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

WiggoTiger wrote:I hope to see a team full of players with pride and commitment to the shirt: Harrison, Thacker, Worth, Genge and who else??? :smt017
Hamilton , Tombstone
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Pick the best team available. Let's aim to finish the pool on 17 points and hope that's enough. That means 5 points at home to either Munster or Glasgow and 4 points from the other and then go to Racing and get 4. Beating Racing away is more realistic now they have lost their first two games and have no points.

If it isn't enough then at least we would have given it a good go.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

The issue of failing to reach the last four hangs over the players like a Sword of Damocles. It has become such a burden that it becomes the seasons main objective, when the seasons objective should be winning the Premiership, the last four merely being a step on the way.

The Champions Cup is over for us, I hope the Premiership isn't. The title, not just the top four.
Valhalla I am coming!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

fleabane wrote:The issue of failing to reach the last four hangs over the players like a Sword of Damocles. It has become such a burden that it becomes the seasons main objective, when the seasons objective should be winning the Premiership, the last four merely being a step on the way.

The Champions Cup is over for us, I hope the Premiership isn't. The title, not just the top four.
Agreed. We need players who know the sword is there but who aren't afraid of it.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Fleabane, they will all be away skiing :smt045
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I've given it considerable thought...

Pick the best possible team.

That's all.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

LE18, a person who Knows!
Valhalla I am coming!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Happy to get shot down on this but I'd rather we write this year's ECC campaign off and keep our powder dry for Exeter, Sarries and Pests.
I honestly don't disagree with that. I've tried to do the sums and it is almost impossible for us to win the group and 16-19 points is unlikely to get us a wildcard spot.

However, RC has to play his 'best team' as his job is now on the line. Another defeat to Munster and he's in BIG trouble. Be nice to know the fitness status of Veianu, Cole, JPP and Tait for starters....
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Sort the pack out is the first thing. Mulipola is not a tighthead - he wasn't supposed to even be playing there on Saturday.

If the pack's sorted, let our world class scrum half play with some actual ball to release the pack. Youngs needs to start - we saw with England just how good he is, just as we have done over the last seven years of him playing for us, but he didn't stand a chance with the lousy ball he was getting.

If JP is fit, play him.

Beyond this, I wouldn't change too much beyond attitudes. Largely need to just send out the same guys to sort this mess out with a boot up their backsides.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

One thing was for certain, we missed JPP on the wing to deal with the continual bombardment of high balls. He would have fared much better.
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

Whoever survives the review and training this week? :smt002
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

L Smith wrote:Happy to get shot down on this but I'd rather we write this year's ECC campaign off and keep our powder dry for Exeter, Sarries and Pests.
I said something similar before we failed to make a historic 10th consecutive Premiership final so I know what responses are likely heading my way.
All the Tigers social media sites would be on fire if Cockerill put out a weakened team and we got humped at home whilst the competition is still alive for us. It's just not going to happen.

Due to availability many of the same players will have to front up for the home leg and tbh that is no bad thing. I expect a reaction. Whether it's enough it's hard to say. Given Racing's situation and our ability to pull things out at home three wins on the bounce isn't a fantasy just err challenging.