Team up v Munster!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SirGordonRamsey

Re: Team up v Munster!

Post by SirGordonRamsey »

Agree with all points Voice of The Crumbie.

All need to remember that Munster are a quality side with alot of internationals.
Egg Chasers Rugby Podcast: 'Tigers Jeresy, its like getting into an E Type Jag'
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

All those who were suggesting we put youngsters/fringe players in because we have no chance of making it out of the pool stages just need to look at Northampton against Leinster.

Well done to the boys, let's put a run of 4 wins in just to make it a happy New Year. :smt001
leic

Post by leic »

Fantastic game of rugby, loads of mistakes, loads of passion, horrendous ref, awesome captain who led from the front. Fantastic atmosphere. Anyone who disagrees go and support a different game!! Cracking day out. Merry Christmas everyone.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Doghashadhisday wrote:All those who were suggesting we put youngsters/fringe players in because we have no chance of making it out of the pool stages just need to look at Northampton against Leinster.

Well done to the boys, let's put a run of 4 wins in just to make it a happy New Year. :smt001
With our absentee list we did put a fringe side out. No Dan, Freddie, Marcos, Matt, JPP, TV, plus a few others. Then just look at the performances of the likes of Hamilton, Worth and Roberts. These are the people we should be nurturing if want to progress.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

leic wrote:Fantastic game of rugby, loads of mistakes, loads of passion, horrendous ref, awesome captain who led from the front. Fantastic atmosphere. Anyone who disagrees go and support a different game!! Cracking day out. Merry Christmas everyone.
Agree, and even Stephen Jones of the Times, never our most enthusiastic supporter, comments on the dreadful performance by Gauzere yesterday.
Voyager1
Tiger Cub

Post by Voyager1 »

I would also like to thank Brendon O'Connor for his immense game, he secured at least three turnovers, this was the area we were sadly lacking at last week. Furthermore Owen Williams final kick was Stimpson reincarnated, anyone remember Paris ? Congratulations to all the team on a must win performance. :smt038
What noise annoys an oyster
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

TomWeston wrote:
leic wrote:Fantastic game of rugby, loads of mistakes, loads of passion, horrendous ref, awesome captain who led from the front. Fantastic atmosphere. Anyone who disagrees go and support a different game!! Cracking day out. Merry Christmas everyone.
Agree, and even Stephen Jones of the Times, never our most enthusiastic supporter, comments on the dreadful performance by Gauzere yesterday.
There were some pretty shabby calls. At least Gazer was consistent for both sides so I don't see what SJ point is really other than have his usual dig at Tigers?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Big Dai wrote:
Doghashadhisday wrote:All those who were suggesting we put youngsters/fringe players in because we have no chance of making it out of the pool stages just need to look at Northampton against Leinster.

With our absentee list we did put a fringe side out. No Dan, Freddie, Marcos, Matt, JPP, TV, plus a few others. Then just look at the performances of the likes of Hamilton, Worth and Roberts. These are the people we should be nurturing if want to progress.
'These are the people we should be nurturing if want to progress' That would be following the Sarries model then? Heaven forbid, just not the 'Tigers Way'!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Voyager1 wrote:I would also like to thank Brendon O'Connor for his immense game, he secured at least three turnovers, this was the area we were sadly lacking at last week. Furthermore Owen Williams final kick was Stimpson reincarnated, anyone remember Paris ? Congratulations to all the team on a must win performance. :smt038
Of course I remember Paris, but strange to see it in a sentence about Stimmos's kick. Do you mean the conversion of a try or Stimmo's long range penalty, if it's the penalt it was in Nottingham
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Cant believe the negativity , We played like the tigers of old , Lots of passion , fronting up and never taking a backward step,the atmosphere was the best for a long time we beat one of the best european teams despite the ref having his own rule book.

As for those blaming cockeral , mauger , and now simon cohen , once those players cross the white line the result is dependant on them and no-one else... Last weeks drubbing was nothing to do with the coaches , pure and simple it was the players , and this week they have amends
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
Voyager1 wrote:I would also like to thank Brendon O'Connor for his immense game, he secured at least three turnovers, this was the area we were sadly lacking at last week. Furthermore Owen Williams final kick was Stimpson reincarnated, anyone remember Paris ? Congratulations to all the team on a must win performance. :smt038
Of course I remember Paris, but strange to see it in a sentence about Stimmos's kick. Do you mean the conversion of a try or Stimmo's long range penalty, if it's the penalt it was in Nottingham
Yesterday was possibly more reminiscent, in terms of length, of the Paris conversion (from the touchline) of Leon Lloyd's try. Far too short a kick to be compared to the City Ground effort! :smt003
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Good result--plenty of passion-and RC should buy Owen whatever he requires because that kick probably saved his job.

But we need to come out of the next 3 matches with a brace of victories, before we stuff Glasgow and Racing

All is not lost--------- we scraped in at the death years ago when Perpignan did us a favour, although I stand to be corrected

PS Roberts must play every match now with Betham Tuilagi and Thompstone.. And TV at FB when he returns...
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

I was there - what a fantastic atmosphere. The emotion when Owen scored our last three points - brilliant!

We won, and that has to be a positive. I thought we still made quite a few errors, but I also thought we showed some promise every now and then. Munster are a pretty good team, and the old leicester dog got us a win. Plenty of cause for feeling satisfied I think. It was a good result, and I'm thoroughly chuffed.

I do remain a wee bit nervous though. I don't think we'll get out of our group, and I'm still loathe to think that we will finish any higher than 4th in the Premiership. I know there are clubs that would kill for our current position, but I think if we want more, then something has to change. Sadly, I think that maybe needs to be Cockers.

Anyhow, still plenty to play for. Good to see some of the youngsters getting a run out and actually do pretty okay.

I'm happy, but haunted by some nagging doubts.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

An enjoyable if nervous afternoon. We won, Welford road rocked with singing and chanting. We weren't without error but we were Tigerish. Much quicker to the breakdown than the week before and OW showed great composure at the end of 80 mins to win the game. Well done all. Oh and I thought the ref had a shocker.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Piquet

Post by Piquet »

Munster supporter here.

A gang of us came up from London on the day so we didn't stay all that long. We enjoyed to perfection our brief stay (apart from that bit around ten past five, that is!!) .

It was great to be in a proper Rugby town being hosted by a proper Rugby Club and meeting and chatting to proper Rugby people.

My highlight of the day:
There was a man behind me roaring for a Red Card for Zebo. I asked him was he familiar with John McEnroe and his sayings. He nodded.
Later on, when Bleyendaal sat watching as his conversion attempt barely make it over the bar, my pal shouted "YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS"

We'll hardly meet again, this season but maybe next year.