Wasps away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ElvastonTiger
Tiger Cub

Wasps away

Post by ElvastonTiger »

Is anyone aware of any away coach travel being organised for the Wasps match on Sun 8th Jan?
Failing that, does anyone know if there will be a shuttle bus to the Arena, from Cov station, on the day?
The new Cov Arena station seems to be open but that involves multiple changes from my neck of the woods.
Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Wasps away

Post by Seal »

There is always a shuttle bus on match days to the Ricoh from the train station, very regular, and costs £2 each way. If there are 4/5 of you it's probably easier to jump in a cab however.

The Ricoh train station is open, and they trialed it's usage for matchdays last year, however I believe they gave up on it, as the platform isn't big enough to have any meaningful amount of carriages, and it's a single track line so it has to go all the way to Nuneaton and back to Cov each time!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

From memory, the notice on the platform says that services are suspended on match days until 2 hours??? after the end of the game.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I shall be going to this match travelling by car from Derby. So if there are any fans out there who live in Derby or its environs I can give you a lift up to two people. If interested contact [email protected].
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

There's also the Away Supporters Club of course - Johnthegriff is your man on here.

I'm going to drive for this one I think.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Where is the best parking?
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Is that your real name then Noddy?
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Old Hob wrote:From memory, the notice on the platform says that services are suspended on match days until 2 hours??? after the end of the game.
Ive got match tickets and looked at the train Leicester direct to coventry arena...

1 change which isnt a problem , but before the game its either get to the ground 2 hours before kick off or 5 minutes to kick off... after the game 4.45 or 5.45 , so either miss the last 5 minutes or wait in the ground for 45 minutes