Could be an interesting 6 weeks!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Could be an interesting 6 weeks!

Post by Cardiff Tig »

If we beat Munster this weekend then I think that we will win 3 of the next 5. Most likely to lose to Racing and Wasps away, reckon we will beat Exeter in what will be a terrible game to watch. Don't think any of the wins will be convincing though!

However, if we can't turn it around this weekend then it could get interesting...
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Cardiff Tig wrote:If we beat Munster this weekend then I think that we will win 3 of the next 5. Most likely to lose to Racing and Wasps away, reckon we will beat Exeter in what will be a terrible game to watch. Don't think any of the wins will be convincing though!

However, if we can't turn it around this weekend then it could get interesting...
Definitely. Munster and Sarries at home could be real morale boosters to be targeting. And morale all through the club is the most important thing right now.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Iain wrote:We've had a poor European campaign so far - Clermont excepted which was pretty good.
Am I missing something? :smt017
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Iain wrote:We've had a poor European campaign so far - Clermont excepted which was pretty good.
Am I missing something? :smt017
sssssshhhhhh...don't say anything! You know how Christmas officially starts after the Varsity match? Well..... :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt045
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Racing... Clermont... yeah alright. Well they're from the same country and wear similar-ish colours.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I would certainly be a taker on your prediction of a 7 game loosing streak. What odds are you offering?
I never predicted a 7 game losing streak... just observed the coming fixtures look tough...

Pre-Munster I reckon a bookie would have given you 500/1... probably 50/1 now...
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I'm certainly not predicting a 7 game losing streak - but it's more possible than I'm comfortable with. The knock on effects would be toxic if it did happen. We have work to do in order to avoid it.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I was disappointed to read YBY saying the forthcoming fixture list was "horrendous". That is negative thinking.

If he had said they would be a challenge, his mindset and approach would be far more motivated, positive, and structured.

Does anybody at Tigers ever consider the players mental approach to the game, and how a positive approach will directly affect outcomes, something not beneficially affected by a beasting session on Tuesday?
Valhalla I am coming!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

fleabane wrote:I was disappointed to read YBY saying the forthcoming fixture list was "horrendous". That is negative thinking.

If he had said they would be a challenge, his mindset and approach would be far more motivated, positive, and structured.

Does anybody at Tigers ever consider the players mental approach to the game, and how a positive approach will directly affect outcomes, something not beneficially affected by a beasting session on Tuesday?
Disappointed is putting it mildly. If they do anything on this at Tigers or England, and I'm sure they do, B Youngs was either not listening or, more worryingly, doesn't care.
Tigers appear to have used this guy, http://www.themartineffect.co.uk/, in the past. They need to get him, or similar, in again.
Thank you for the post.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Thanks h's dad. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have made a similar post. The last time was when YBY said that the team didn't want to be the first Tigers team not to make the top four! I would have been happier then if he had said the team wanted to win the championship!
Valhalla I am coming!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

fleabane wrote:Thanks h's dad. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have made a similar post. The last time was when YBY said that the team didn't want to be the first Tigers team not to make the top four! I would have been happier then if he had said the team wanted to win the championship!
If you ask me YBY along with many of the team are aware that they cannot compete at the sharp end this year much like last...if you were Ben youngs and you looked at the players around you would you think you could? The lack of players to get you on the front foot is rather astounding imo..
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

JFJ! With that attitude they will never compete at the top - that's the point!
Valhalla I am coming!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Iain wrote:Racing... Clermont... yeah alright. Well they're from the same country and wear similar-ish colours.
Congratulations! Your application to join the UK's Brexit Negotiating Team has been accepted - even though you appear to be somewhat over-qualified! Johnny Foreigner won't know what's hit him! :smt027
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

MrPartridge wrote:
I would certainly be a taker on your prediction of a 7 game loosing streak. What odds are you offering?
I never predicted a 7 game losing streak... just observed the coming fixtures look tough...

Pre-Munster I reckon a bookie would have given you 500/1... probably 50/1 now...
Might make a nice double with the Foxes getting relegated? :smt031
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

MrPartridge wrote:

I've just worked it out to something like what price it is losing the next 6 games is and unfortunately it's nearer 16/1

Munster are best price 8/11 this week and I'd be surprised if they don't shorten from that but we will go with 8/11.

I'll go with Exeter being 4/7 on a bleak Xmas eve. Any bigger would be a gift from the gods given our form if we've lost again to Munster. We might even be Cockerless.

We then get the pleasure of Sarries. Who'd be value at 4/6 if it was this week but could easily be shorter if we are still on our streak. We will go with 4/6.

Wasps away. Having lost the above three. Good luck getting any better than 2/5.

Racing in France with us already out of the Comp. 1/4 Racing but they might be out as well so I'll price it as a dead rubber for both and say 2/5.

Then Glasgow. We would be favs if this was the first game but given we would be out and they would need a result I can see it being closer to EVS each of two at best. I'd make Glasgow favs. Admittedly this is the hardest game to price but if we still haven't won come then most good rugby judges would fancy EVS about Glasgow.

A £1 acccy the above 6 pays £17.73. Yes the betting might slightly vary but I'd say if anything I've gone bigger the opposition than what they might be overall.