Next week just get behind the team

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Next week just get behind the team

Post by Ian Cant »

Ok we lost but the fans need to show we are proud and loud. Look at Munster last season: beaten twice by us. Just show our lot Harrison's guts and pride on 76 mins. Boots flying in but he dives in to get the ball. Well done Sam, real pride in the shirt. I will be making lots of noise next week but hope we ALL do. That is what supporting a team is about.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Next week just get behind the team

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes we will all get behind the team next week, that is what being a supporter is about. But whatever happens next week we will remain an average team and we need significant changes in playing and coaching personnel before next season.

But that doesn't mean we don't keep supporting the team enthusiastically until the bitter end! The one proviso being the fans need to see passion and heart as a minimum.
Soggypitch
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I have it on good information that Bristol Supporters do the same; it doesn't mean that Bristol are any good
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Ian Cant wrote:Ok we lost but the fans need to show we are proud and loud. Look at Munster last season: beaten twice by us. Just show our lot Harrison's guts and pride on 76 mins. Boots flying in but he dives in to get the ball. Well done Sam, real pride in the shirt. I will be making lots of noise next week but hope we ALL do. That is what supporting a team is about.
Well written Ian, I have just lost it on another thread fed up with the usual tripe from so-called supporters.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

"Usual tripe"?????? The Leicester Tigers' players who were jetted across to Ireland and are paid more than 4 times the average wage of people in this country yet have every luxury handed to them, failed to do the basics of their jobs. Neither starting half back was capable of kicking a ball such that one of his own team might recover it. Basics. Not done.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I am probably on your death list JG, but I care as much about the team as you do. I cannot ignore the teams gradual decline since I first became a ST holder, and the fact that the same issues continue to raise their heads, with the coaching team apparently unable to address them.

It may be that the players have not adapted to a new way of playing, although a season and a half should be long enough, it may be that the players lack the drive wearing the shirt should command, it may be the recruitment process is unsatisfactory, it may be that the enquiry held last season did not correctly identify the problems correctly - it may be any number, or combination of things that are causing the team to slip into that long goodnight.

Whatever the problems, it seems that the current incumbents are unable to sort things out.

Failure in Europe has become a familiar occurrence, scraping into the playoffs too. This is not a club that should accept indifference, from supporters as much as players, coaches and staff, nor should years without silverware be acceptable.
Valhalla I am coming!
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Old Hob wrote:"Usual tripe"?????? The Leicester Tigers' players who were jetted across to Ireland and are paid more than 4 times the average wage of people in this country yet have every luxury handed to them, failed to do the basics of their jobs. Neither starting half back was capable of kicking a ball such that one of his own team might recover it. Basics. Not done.
Luxury .... Have you been in the changing rooms ?, Have you been to oval park ? Richard cockerall drives a ford transit !! Tom youngs didnt play last week because he jarred his back changing the wheel on his car , i take it the chauffer must have been on a day off
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

dunks43 wrote:
Old Hob wrote:"Usual tripe"?????? The Leicester Tigers' players who were jetted across to Ireland and are paid more than 4 times the average wage of people in this country yet have every luxury handed to them, failed to do the basics of their jobs. Neither starting half back was capable of kicking a ball such that one of his own team might recover it. Basics. Not done.
Luxury .... Have you been in the changing rooms ?, Have you been to oval park ? Richard cockerall drives a ford transit !! Tom youngs didnt play last week because he jarred his back changing the wheel on his car , i take it the chauffer must have been on a day off
Well what they do with their Wonga is their business but that does not mean they are underpaid.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Don't worry, I will get behind the team next week. Why wouldn't I? I'm a supporter of Leicester Tigers!

I'll get behind the team every week, win, lose or draw, wherever we are in the league!

Isn't that what a supporter should do? If they don't, then they're not a supporter are they?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Dont worry we will have JPP back next week, we wont be resting him, not
revealing our hand as someone suggested for this week, and how bad was Brady, oh my goodness why did we sign him? Oh yes Manu will also be back, sorry forgot he was back this week, I think I remember him walkng off for joining in one time!
I also thought that Munster knew that we were too frightened to jump up for any kicked balls in case we got yellow carded, someone must have put fear of god into our players, Munster exploited that tactic well, also no way was that a penalty try, player had over kicked the ball, it would have gone dead. I used to like Poite but think he did not serve us well :smt022
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

LE18 wrote: Brady, oh my goodness why did we sign him?
That's an easy one, because we splashed out big on other players.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Well, I had a rather embarrassing afternoon. I travelled to Belfast to meet with some past colleagues and watched Ulster put in a good shift against Clermont. Then went to watch the Munster v Tigers match in a bar. At least Ulster won....
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Grumpy of Crumbie

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

I've never managed to work out why criticising your team makes you a non supporter and not worthy of wearing the green, red and white. Of course we all want to win, of course we will all support our team to the end, but of course we are all entitled to an opinion.

So here's mine - having sat on on the fence for a while and been fully supportive of the appointment of Aaron Mauger as head coach and being prepared to give the new coaching set up time to settle in, I'm now off the fence!

I don't believe we have recruited the quality of players to enable us to compete domestically or in Europe. We are bullied up front in every game and our decision making and leadership is simply not good enough. I'm not sure if the problem is recruitment, coaching, ability, commitment but it's obvious that we are some way behind the best.

So call me a 'so called supporter', but I know poor when I see poor, I will support Tigers to the end but something has to change. I am not an expert in sport or rugby union but I know that we are a long way from being good enough!!
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

So called supporter!! I have been going since the 70's and seen the good, bad and ugly at WR and all round Europe following my team.

At present I fear for our game next week and for getting into the top four, I will be at WR as every home game shouting and supporting my team but when I see an awful performance that makes me angry I come on the forum to make my point.

If it upsets people I will leave and keep my thoughts to myself. Or do other 'fans' think they are above others in our thoughts.

All I say is make your point about the team but STOP slagging others off on the forum if they don't sit with your views.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Please remember to respect the opinions and views of all users.

Thanks

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk