Is it now time to thank Cockers?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: Is it now time to thank Cockers?

Post by h's dad »

G.K wrote:Shouldn't the cost be related to the quality of the Product and therefore be going down?
Correct if you are an independent third party consumer and the product was previously appropriately priced.
Less correct if you are; 1) a fan and/or; 2) the cost is currently low compared with competitors.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

My gut feeling is that it's a done deal and he'll be gone soon. The conversation will very soon be about who replaces him.

I won't particularly be happy with that, but we must make sure that losing him doesn't weaken us.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

ellis9 wrote:So they increase match ticket prices and spend the extra money on what? We spend up to the salary cap already so how would you spend that extra money?
But we cannot afford to spend injury compensation on decent replacements...if we were Bath or Sarries we would of replaced Toomua with a international class player

Yet we have brought in no-one :smt017
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

We are already charged enough to enter the ground thank you very much.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

It is already getting hard enough to fill the ground..with the quality and amount of games on television increasing ticket prices is definitely not an option imo...
fillfinger

Post by fillfinger »

Who pays for a change of DOR? Also the cost - money going out and money on the new Head Coach coming in. I reckon we are are skint!
The rugby show made some really good points about the cost of the rugby infrastructure and the impact this has on the team. In particular I worry about the number of injuries in the squad and the length of time players are out. I still think we have a really good team if the majority of players are fit. This is increasingly not the case. We are missing some real impact players in the pack.
Cannot see how RC is at fault for a lot of this. So a big change at a bad time for no difference. Just think it will make things worse.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

fillfinger wrote:Who pays for a change of DOR? Also the cost - money going out and money on the new Head Coach coming in. I reckon we are are skint!
The rugby show made some really good points about the cost of the rugby infrastructure and the impact this has on the team. In particular I worry about the number of injuries in the squad and the length of time players are out. I still think we have a really good team if the majority of players are fit. This is increasingly not the case. We are missing some real impact players in the pack.
Cannot see how RC is at fault for a lot of this. So a big change at a bad time for no difference. Just think it will make things worse.

+1

And, while I have said before that if Cockers does go, end of season would be better than part way through, if it has to be part way, given the next few weeks fixtures, doing anything to disrupt things until they have been played could be very unsettling and disruptive for the players.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Iain wrote:My gut feeling is that it's a done deal and he'll be gone soon. The conversation will very soon be about who replaces him.

I won't particularly be happy with that, but we must make sure that losing him doesn't weaken us.
Somebody nowhere good enough probably. Desperate stuff if the Board sack him, and in many ways sad given he bailed them out of two stupid appointments very well.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

JackFlashJonny wrote:It is already getting hard enough to fill the ground..with the quality and amount of games on television increasing ticket prices is definitely not an option imo...
This old chestnut again! Tigers attendances (ticket sales and revenue) season on season are increasing. As the bishop said "Maybe it gets harder yet maybe it gets better!"

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/247 ... FQk1NSLS9I
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

But we cannot afford to spend injury compensation on decent replacements...if we were Bath or Sarries we would of replaced Toomua with a international class player

You see how you've used Bath and Saracens as examples? They are awful comparisons, along with Wasps. Of course they can bring in international quality replacements! If we talk about the other clubs then we are on a level playing field financially. If you're going to compare things then at least choose things that are similar!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ellis9 wrote:

You see how you've used Bath and Saracens as examples? They are awful comparisons, along with Wasps. Of course they can bring in international quality replacements! If we talk about the other clubs then we are on a level playing field financially. If you're going to compare things then at least choose things that are similar!
...and if you exclude the 3 'money clubs' - we're top!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I was having that exact conversation the other day! The 3 clubs with money are the top 3and the rest are competing for the final play off spot which had been us. Not too bad really.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

If the rumours of Peter Tom having some serious Welford Road meetings yesterday are true - and I have no idea if they are or not - then I sincerely hope he's saved his ire for the man at the top and not RC and his coaching team.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

strawclearer wrote:If the rumours of Peter Tom having some serious Welford Road meetings yesterday are true - and I have no idea if they are or not - then I sincerely hope he's saved his ire for the man at the top and not RC and his coaching team.
...and, by an uncanny coincidence, this from Austin Healey!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... st-adrift/

"It is easy to blame the players and coaches for bad results, but there are underlying issues as well. For Leicester this is not about the coaches, the players, the injuries, it is about the club.

Leicester’s greater challenge lies off the field, where they need to become far more dynamic. They have been this lumbering giant that has rested on its laurels for too long. Off the field, they feel slow to react. Why no satellite clubs around the world, why no brand development outside the UK? The Tigers brand is made for China. Instead, whenever I go to Welford Road there just seem to be a lot of unhappy faces around. There appears a disconnect between the boardroom, the sponsors, the supporters and the players, who are often placed out of reach."

Uncomfortable reading for SC et al...I hope.

Maybe we need a new thread - Is it now time to thank Simon Cohen?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

So another capitulation and heavy defeat. How many more do we have to endure?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.