Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Is it now time to thank Cockers?

Post by Soggypitch »

jgriffin wrote:
Greenwhiteandred wrote:The root of the problem is not the so called users and poor fans but the fact that the Tigers are not good enough to compete in Europe and get Top 2 in the Premiership which I would suggest is a combination of coaching, player recruitment and player selection. Not sure the berks or poor fans are responsible for a 38-0 drubbing.
No but they are responsible for moaning wihtout solutions. I won't repeat the detailed post I put on the Fans FB page (stretch yourself to have a look), but suffice it to say I am very critical and suggest solutions, which do involve changes of personnel.
By FB do you mean Facebook? I'm a bit of a dinosaur and don't use FB but I promise to get one of my boys to show me your post if you will apologise for calling a group of perfectly decent posters "trolls and termagants".
Soggypitch
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

RC is back to hanging on by his finger tips. Wins against some mediocre teams flattered to deceive. We are no longer a top tier team. For me RC had to equal or better last seasons performance to show progress. The jury is still out but it won't be after Munster, Exeter, Sarries, Wasps. If we win 3 of those RC have some claim to staying on... Anything less and he has to go.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I've seen enough - thank you Cockers and goodbye :smt039
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

In Europe we have badly away to Glasgow and now to Munster. Neither of which will be contesting the final. They are not top European sides.
We have played one good premiership side at home and lost.
Beating an ordinary Bath side was erroneously called a turning point.
For heavens sake we nearly lost to Bristol.

Sack Cockers and Mauger?

They should walk!

We signed a coach who was hardly flying high in New Zealand, largely because he was an ex Tiger.
The Tigers' way is no longer good enough and the time has come for revolution and find a new Tigers' way and that has to mean leaving the old behind, even if there is no immediate top coach free.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

How do you suggest we find a new Tigers way without a top coach? If we bring in an average one, then how would they help?!
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

ellis9 wrote:How do you suggest we find a new Tigers way without a top coach? If we bring in an average one, then how would they help?!
Clearly you don't swap average for average. What you do is get rid of current average, and a club of Leicester's size and history, will, when the vacancy is known, have plenty of far better than average candidates to choose from.
maire88
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maire88 »

That was actually painful to watch. I watched the game on BT Sport with my partner who was a season ticket holder but now refuses to go to any Tigers match while Cockerill is in charge.
Seriously- how much longer can Cockerill keep getting out of the proverbial jail after results like that?!
Formerly hww27
Proud to have been the Tom Youngs Fan Club since 2010
Rhinos rule :smt002 :smt050
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I hope Cockerill never leaves if it means the fickle people who won't go just because of one person, stay away. I support the club not specific people.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

rdracup wrote:
ellis9 wrote:How do you suggest we find a new Tigers way without a top coach? If we bring in an average one, then how would they help?!
Clearly you don't swap average for average. What you do is get rid of current average, and a club of Leicester's size and history, will, when the vacancy is known, have plenty of far better than average candidates to choose from.
What happens for the rest of the season where 95% of the above average candidates are under contract elsewhere? Do you take the risk of a slide into the bottom half of the table with a new or "caretaker" leadership, or do you continue with the current set up and (probably) guarantee securing a top half finish?

Not an easy black or white decision.

Watching Leinster last night maybe we could recruit Lancaster!
maire88
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maire88 »

ellis9 wrote:I hope Cockerill never leaves if it means the fickle people who won't go just because of one person, stay away. I support the club not specific people.
I was wondering how long it would be before you had a go.. he's Leicester born and bred, it's his local club and he loves it (something by your location you wouldn't know much about ellis9- why not support your local team instead? ) but he doesn't love what Cockerill is doing to the club. Plus the pricing is far too much for him when we're more in dire need of a new kitchen. But no doubt you would say Tigers are more important than being able to eat :smt002
Formerly hww27
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Interesting point Hot_Charlie.......Bomber for Welford Road ? Only joking!
I wouldn't ditch the pilot until we know we're in safe waters if that be the Board's decision: be careful for what you wish....." you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone".
You can look at England and Bath and say the same group of players have been improved by new management but equally Bristol, Worcester and Quins have not noticeably improved since changing coaches (although they all had quite different circumstances)
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I wouldn't know what it means to love this club just because I don't come from or live in Leicester?! How pathetic!

You originally said the reason you stay away is because of Cockerill. Now you are saying it is because you can't afford it. Not being able to afford it is fair enough and a valid, sensible reason. Staying away due to a DOR is simply ludicrous, in my opinion.
maire88
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maire88 »

ellis9 wrote:I wouldn't know what it means to love this club just because I don't come from or live in Leicester?! How pathetic!

You originally said the reason you stay away is because of Cockerill. Now you are saying it is because you can't afford it. Not being able to afford it is fair enough and a valid, sensible reason. Staying away due to a DOR is simply ludicrous, in my opinion.
If you had read my post properly you would see that it's not ME I am referring to, but my partner. I myself do come to matches when I can, I have an NUS card so it's cheaper for me. Both reasons I stated are equally true- I'm disabled and can claim free carer ticket but even when offered that he refuses to come because of Cockerill. I am also a member of the Unoffy forum and there are plenty of people on there who have stopped coming as well for various reasons although I must observe that the pricing is ridiculous for the quality of Rugby that's being played at the moment and I suspect that's probably why some people aren't coming.
I never said you can't love the club but it always puzzles me why people who have no connection with an area that the club is in support that club. I'm not from Leicester originally but I've lived here for eleven years. I support Nottingham because I went to university there, lived and worked there for three years. I still have friends there. I support Tigers because I've lived here for eleven years and my partner and in laws are all Leicester born and bred and so I have a connection here. I understand if people are exiled or have connections to the city but not why anyone would support a random team they have no connection to....
Formerly hww27
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Leicester were the most local team in the Premiership when I started to watch rugby. This was in the very early 2000's when anything lower than the Premiership was a low standard and mainly semi professional. I remember we played Exeter in the Powergen Cup and scored 60 or 70 points with a second string playing.

Why I need to explain to anyone why I support this great club is beyond me but there we go.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

It pains me to say it but on current form I cannot see us getting anything out of the next four fixtures :smt022