Is it now time to thank Cockers?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Is it now time to thank Cockers?

Post by Tigerbeat »

So getting rid of them now will sort the problem? Are you saying that we have got the right players?

If the players cannot perfrom the basics of passing and catching, lack of discipline and composure surely they should be the ones out of the door!

Ps ..looks like Glasgow have beaten Racing in France!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote:
kpj tiger wrote:Whilst the argument may be valid what is the solution, sack the majority if not all of our coaching team and replace them with who?
Would take
DOR - Someone with experience (Mallet maybe for big money)
Head coach/Forwards coach - Rowntree

Backs coaches and Defence coach - Whoever they want,

(Would like to see Vesty back)
I know its all hypothetical but I doubt we have the funds to attract a top coaching team nowadays, Montpelier are willing to pay Vern Cotter £2.5m for a 3 year deal, we simply cannot compete these days financially and I think that's the root of our issues at the moment
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The root of my problem right now is tthat some users come on here every time we get beaten (and have done for a decade) wanting to sack Loffreda/Meyer/Cockers with ABSOLUTELY no idea about what would then occur, or indeed any idea about sport in general. And you are poor fans, make no bones about it. We had some awful defeats back in the so-called Glory Days (which only exist in fantasy) - the final against Sale was worse IMO - but here you all are again........ I'll be there next week taking the smooth with the rough, unlike some keyboard warriors.
It's not all about money, not about Cockers (before the usual accusations of being Cockers toyboy or whatever) but about supporting your team. If the Board decides Cockers must go, fine BUT please stop the perpetual whingeing with no answers.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote:
RagingBull wrote:
kpj tiger wrote:Whilst the argument may be valid what is the solution, sack the majority if not all of our coaching team and replace them with who?
Would take
DOR - Someone with experience (Mallet maybe for big money)
Head coach/Forwards coach - Rowntree

Backs coaches and Defence coach - Whoever they want,

(Would like to see Vesty back)
I know its all hypothetical but I doubt we have the funds to attract a top coaching team nowadays, Montpelier are willing to pay Vern Cotter £2.5m for a 3 year deal, we simply cannot compete these days financially and I think that's the root of our issues at the moment
Munster seemed to have done alright.

Glasgow got Prob the best Super rugby coach.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

The root of the problem is not the so called berks and poor fans but the fact that the Tigers are not good enough to compete in Europe and get Top 2 in the Premiership which I would suggest is a combination of coaching, player recruitment and player selection. Not sure the berks or poor fans are responsible for a 38-0 drubbing.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

jgriffin wrote:The root of my problem right now is that some users come on here every time we get beaten (and have done for a decade) wanting to sack Loffreda/Meyer/Cockers with ABSOLUTELY no idea about what would then occur, or indeed any idea about sport in general. And you are poor fans, make no bones about it. We had some awful defeats back in the so-called Glory Days (which only exist in fantasy) - the final against Sale was worse IMO - but here you all are again........ I'll be there next week taking the smooth with the rough, unlike some keyboard warriors.
It's not all about money, not about Cockers (before the usual accusations of being Cockers toyboy or whatever) but about supporting your team. If the Board decides Cockers must go, fine BUT please stop the perpetual whingeing with no answers.
The answers (or some of them) stop knee-jerk recruitment of over the hill South Africans; have a structured debrief/re-integration policy for players returning from international duty: (what do you know that can help us? How can we help you wind down and back up to play for us, your club) I suspect the second part doesn't happen cf Youngs Hartley...
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

I'm sure not all fans are happy with a heaviest defeat in Europe for the Tigers, and generally inept game plans, poor lineout choices, dreadful tactical kicking and no breakdown commitment.

I'll be there next week shouting and screaming team to victory but TBH I am worried we have not got the skill set to compete (DoR and coaches training).

Deano was sacked for less!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

jgriffin wrote:The root of my problem right now is that some users come on here every time we get beaten (and have done for a decade) wanting to sack Loffreda/Meyer/Cockers with ABSOLUTELY no idea about what would then occur, or indeed any idea about sport in general. And you are poor fans, make no bones about it......
And what gets me is one user in particular who slagged off Matt O'Connor on this forum almost to the point of libel, yet will simply will not accept criticism of Cockerill.

What I would like you JGriffin or the Coaches to do is make some attempt to outline Tigers game plan for today. For me Tigers looked like a team that were beaten before we got on the plane at East Mids.

I'd also like an explanation of the reasoning in letting 3 x No. 8's leave the club without recruiting one leaving us with McAffery who despite valiant performances is not recognized as an out-n-out no. 8.

And finally to lash out at others on this forum claiming they have no idea about sport in general is disrespectful and frankly beneath contempt.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Munster seemed to have done alright.

Glasgow got Prob the best Super rugby coach.
Agreed but Glasgow might not end up with Rennie yet if the SA rumors are true, also Tom Coventry was probably the best Super Rugby coach when he came over and it didn't end well for him, I just worry that top coaches are like hens teeth and we may not have the clout to attract one nowadays, I suspect the next head coach of Tigers will be Murphy
TigerintheCatStand
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TigerintheCatStand »

ellis9 wrote:Why did you not ask this question after we beat Saints last week or each of the previous 4 weeks after we'd won?
Many of us have been asking it for some time. The fact that we win some lose some is not the point. The quality of the performances has been in gradual decline for some time, and we are now a long way off being competitive for silverware. We have been more than patient but there is little to be encouraged by. That is the very reasonable opinion of many on here.

Some might say "but we're fourth....yeh...we can still win" but that is to turn a blind eye or even two to the fact that the difference in quality is getting wider each season.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

TigerintheCatStand wrote:
ellis9 wrote:Why did you not ask this question after we beat Saints last week or each of the previous 4 weeks after we'd won?
Many of us have been asking it for some time. The fact that we win some lose some is not the point. The quality of the performances has been in gradual decline for some time, and we are now a long way off being competitive for silverware. We have been more than patient but there is little to be encouraged by. That is the very reasonable opinion of many on here.

Some might say "but we're fourth....yeh...we can still win" but that is to turn a blind eye or even two to the fact that the difference in quality is getting wider each season.
Hard to disagree with that, but we still must get behind the team we have and not turn against them, but really that's a given for any proper fan.
Soggypitch
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Crumblies wrote:
jgriffin wrote:The root of my problem right now is that some users come on here every time we get beaten (and have done for a decade) wanting to sack Loffreda/Meyer/Cockers with ABSOLUTELY no idea about what would then occur, or indeed any idea about sport in general. And you are poor fans, make no bones about it......
And what gets me is one user in particular who slagged off Matt O'Connor on this forum almost to the point of libel, yet will simply will not accept criticism of Cockerill.

What I would like you JGriffin or the Coaches to do is make some attempt to outline Tigers game plan for today. For me Tigers looked like a team that were beaten before we got on the plane at East Mids.

I'd also like an explanation of the reasoning in letting 3 x No. 8's leave the club without recruiting one leaving us with McAffery who despite valiant performances is not recognized as an out-n-out no. 8.

And finally to lash out at others on this forum claiming they have no idea about sport in general is disrespectful and frankly beneath contempt.

Thanks Crumblies. I've got it now....can't think why didn't all think of this before.....the boys were clearly jet-lagged!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Crumblies wrote:

Be careful Crumblies you will be called a "troll/termagant" next - if you don't know what I mean look at the "6N to trial bonus points in 2017" thread. It's one rule for some and another for the rest...
Soggypitch
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

tigercaspian wrote:
Crumblies wrote:

Thanks Crumblies. I've got it now....can't think why didn't all think of this before.....the boys were clearly jet-lagged!
Not sure about them flying. They played as though they had walked and swam from Leicester.
Last edited by Pellsey on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Greenwhiteandred wrote:The root of the problem is not the so called users and poor fans but the fact that the Tigers are not good enough to compete in Europe and get Top 2 in the Premiership which I would suggest is a combination of coaching, player recruitment and player selection. Not sure the berks or poor fans are responsible for a 38-0 drubbing.
No but they are responsible for moaning wihtout solutions. I won't repeat the detailed post I put on the Fans FB page (stretch yourself to have a look), but suffice it to say I am very critical and suggest solutions, which do involve changes of personnel.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.