Munster v Leicester, Thomond Park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Munster v Leicester, Thomond Park

Post by jgriffin »

POSTIGER wrote:Average team, very average management. We are steadily descending into also-rans in every area.

Corkers is not a bad DOR but that's the problem - he's not particularly good either.
Not getting at you personally but all those who know the answer - what or who is it, actually?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

We are third in the group yet have the worst points difference due to our two hammerings - pathetic. Cockerill knows we are done in Europe.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Where's ellis9 to put some spin on this. No? - thought not!
Give blood, play rugby!!
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

[quote="tigercaspian]Not just lack of heart but speed of thought way behind Munster.. Can you coach heart and speed of thought?[/quote]

I think yes. Compare England's performance in the World Cup to past 10 months, pretty much same team but culture, drill training, and coaching very different, same players delivering very different performance.

In principle we have far to many handyman players, but critically current quality of coaching and tactical preparation has no place at Tigers.
Louis

Post by Louis »

Now that was an abomination.

Even I, usually a "Stay the course Clappy Happerist. My team right or wrong" sort of chap, am rapidly coming to the belief that faeces and fan might soon be in close conjugation.

How the hell are such a good bunch of players playing like such total donkeys?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Apalling - there are probably pub teams out there that could put a better show on than that! There was no Green. White and Red out there today, just White.

The only positive aspect for me was that I didn't spend any money to watch that garbage!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

wardy wrote:Where's ellis9 to put some spin on this. No? - thought not!
To be fair to ellis9, he/she/they usually comment come rain or shine - agree with it or not.

It's more usually the case that those with nothing but derogatory comments to make usually stay quiet when the team play well - few and far between this season granted - but trundle out the opinions when the team have played like clowns - which they did today, and it's not been an isolated performance this season.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Beaten by a much better side today.
Leicester have been frustratingly inconsistent in recent times, not quite on it in all areas today and Munster were.
Leicester were outmuscled today and asking why Thacker was left out is just silly, competing at the scrum and maul was difficult enough as it was!
I thought both Youngs didn't play well today and Kitchener always goes missing against big teams IMO, scrum apart Mulipola was anonymous really and O'Connor didn't do enough work given how hard the breakdown battle was.
A shame Mike Williams is always missing, I thought he might be for Leicester what Peter O'Mahony is for Munster.
Leicester need to get some control back up front IMO and the more high class muscle brought in up front the better.
maroontrunks
Tiger Cub

Post by maroontrunks »

What an abject performance. Though in contrast to some of the other posters here, I thought the Tigers players made a fairly valiant attempt to keep soldiering on and keep the flame alive, and I still maintain some faith in the quality of players available. I was expecting there to be a change after half time as they clearly needed to attempt some sort of plan B, but no, the same doomed attempts at playing from our own half.
The reaction here says it all, it now feels like the leadership behind the club has had enough second chances and a big change needs to happen. The team do not appear to have the ability to compete at the highest level and that won't happen any time soon without some heads rolling. This starts at the top in my opinion and I have been no kneejerk 'Cockers out' doom monger in the past, but I now conclude it is time for him to respectfully bow out.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

For me we talk a lot about good players not showing up, but would they get in the saracens, wasps team etc

For most of this season they've been playing poorly unable to pass catch and tackle

I think we have a lot of good premiership utility players but not international class

I'm afraid this has now become a transitional season - so I suggest we properly blood Evans, Start Genge and give Worth a good run to discover if they are the future.

Europes over and sadly If we finish fourth we seem unable to compete at all with Sarries at theirs.

We need a new leader who can either get an extra gear out of them or maybe we should be hunting the next Itoje et al rather than Southern Hemisphere players
TigerintheCatStand
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TigerintheCatStand »

wardy wrote:Where's ellis9 to put some spin on this. No? - thought not!
Was thinking the exact same thing.
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Munster were stronger than us
Munster were fitter than us
Munster were faster than us
Munster were hungrier than us
Munster were cleverer than us
Munster are better than us

That was abject beyond belief.
coolbawn

Post by coolbawn »

tigercaspian wrote:Has the Munster heart been rekindled by the sad loss of Foley?
[/quote]

A bit of that no doubt but possibly mainly because this is the first season ever that Munster have trained in one place. Until this summer, the Cork guys trained in Cork Mon-Wed and the Limerick guys trained in Limerick, then they got together on Thursday. Now they are all based in Limerick (as is the academy who train with them all the time now).

It was like half the squad training in Leicester and half in King's Lynn. OK they somehow managed to win 2 x HECs like that but no wonder they had dropped behind some ever-more-professional clubs. And of course the new arrangement made it easier to attract a couple of top-quality new coaches too.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

For the first time I see myself posting I can see no positives.
YBY reverts to being 2nd to Sammy Harrison, And I would now adovacate England having central contracts.
Burns gets player of the month and has a mare, bunny in the headlights springs to mind.
No go forward, no team cohesion seen; I still don't see management change as the way forward.
What player is responsible the team downturn?
I would love to see a team of Matt Smiths and Sam Harrison's who play for the shirt!
nasher

Post by nasher »

There are many on this site who hate cockers and have one song "GO" but the reality is to look at Mauger and the coaches - no defence,no attack and a side devoid of ideas and pride, we have never been so poor. Recruitment wants examining to see if really are getting value for money.