Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Munster v Leicester, Thomond Park

Post by TigerCam »

BeeJ wrote:
sapajo wrote:Nice to see your not bitter or twisted after Tigers beat the :censored: out of ye, at Thomond Park last season. :smt023
Don't forget after we beat them in 2007 they tore the stadium down! :smt002

p.s. I was there!
What a night! Freezing cold, soaked and baited to death but then that lovely warm feeling inside after the win. After-game hospitality was huge - thank you Munster!! I still watch the recording of the game
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

My Dad was offered a ticket for that famous game but said he couldn't afford to go. He watched the game in Cosby, had one too many celebrating and promptly got stopped for driving over the limit. Cost him a lot more than a weekend in Limerick!! Wrong decision!!!
Soggypitch
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

munsterfan98716 wrote:
sapajo wrote:
munsterfan98716 wrote:Its going to be a dispiriting time for any leicester fans who do travel. We will bate the :censored: out of ye
Nice to see your not bitter or twisted after Tigers beat the :censored: out of ye, at Thomond Park last season. :smt023
We bet Glasgow easily with 14 men after Keith was unjustly sent off. Ye got hammered by Glasgow, and it should have been by even more because tomua should have been red carded. Its terrible to see that type of dangerous tackle in the game
Obviously sport is so predictable, because if A beats B and B beats C then A will always win against C, so after the first couple of games of the season the table is set and there is no need to play any more games. So simple I wonder why we continue to have a season at all.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

munsterfan98716 wrote:We bet Glasgow easily with 14 men after Keith was unjustly sent off. Ye got hammered by Glasgow, and it should have been by even more because tomua should have been red carded. Its terrible to see that type of dangerous tackle in the game.
Watch Earls' tackle here. The Glasgow hooker clearly lands on the back of his head and, according to the new rulings, it's a red card.

Watch Toomua's tackle here. The Glasgow fly-half partially breaks his fall with his arm and elbow. This most likely saved it being a red as opposed to the yellow the ref gave.

I admit Toomua's tackle was bad but to claim he should have seen red whilst Earls was, to use your words, 'unjustly sent off' smacks of the partisan, one-eyed bias I normally associate with the Shed at Gloucester.
Munster Exile
Tiger Cub

Post by Munster Exile »

Looks like someone has come over on a fishing trip....

Are you going to the return game BeeJ? I'll be catching the train from Belper with a few other Munster fans to keep me company.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

From Planet Rugby:

Peter O’Mahony is in a race against time to be fit for Munster’s Champions Cup clash with Leicester on Saturday.

The Munster captain picked up a back injury in their PRO12 match against Glasgow last weekend, but Director of Rugby Rassie Erasmus is confident O’Mahony will be fit to play against Leicester.

Centre Jaco Taute and Duncan Williams are also struggling with rib and shoulder injuries respectively, but all three players are expected to play this weekend.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
cwhelan

Post by cwhelan »

7 of us going from here to meet up with 5 cousins from Tralee & Limerick - OMG! Could be hard keeping up with them!
Like JJF, I think it'll be very hard to equal last year' s result as they seem to be on the 'up' with the Foley effect and Ireland's successes. Hope our returning internationals can bring the attitude and skills to the game - desperately need YBY, Coles and Veainu to do well for us.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

:smt009 Dan Cole out for the Munster match:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leice ... story.html
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

strawclearer wrote::smt009 Dan Cole out for the Munster match:

That's a nuisance. Missing a key man there.

Bateman to start again for me. That'll be his biggest challenge as a tighthead yet though.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

Munster Exile wrote:Are you going to the return game BeeJ? I'll be catching the train from Belper with a few other Munster fans to keep me company.
Oh yes we'll be there. We'll be taking the train but cannot decide whether to get the 11.59 or 12.59 from Belper.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

strawclearer wrote::smt009 Dan Cole out for the Munster match:

According to this article, Crofty missed the Saints game at the weekend due to food poisoning. Dodgy doughnuts maybe?
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

I'd start with Mulipola. I really like Bateman but we need serious power on the carry to start the game (admittedly, that does involve Logo actually getting his hands on the ball, unlike last week) to try and get their pack moving backwards and worry the crowd early.

I'd go with:

1. Genge
2. YTY
3. Logo
4. Ed
5. Kitch (Barrow if fit)
6. Fitz (Williams if fit)
7. BOC
8. McCaffery

9. YBY
10. Fred
11. JP
12. Williams
13. Manu
14. Thompstone
15. Worth (Veainu if fit)

16. Thacker
17. Bateman
18. Cilliers
19. Hamilton
20. Evans
21. Harrison
22. Roberts
23. Betham

Very excited for it, my first trip to Thommond Park. Staying at Woodfield Hotel which I think is pretty central. Any recommendations for bars/grub gratefully received.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Bobmac »

3 of us going from B'ham on Friday. Any idea where best to watch saints v Leinster on Friday night in Limerick?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Bobmac wrote:3 of us going from B'ham on Friday. Any idea where best to watch saints v Leinster on Friday night in Limerick?

I would say there is no best but instead many many places littered all over you could stumble in which are full of good beer, Rugby fans and screens showing the Rugby aplenty :smt023
mfenton

Post by mfenton »

I have a spare ticket for sale at face value €30 for east terrace south in thomond park if anyone is interested? Please PM