The Local Derby v Saints!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: The Local Derby v Saints!

Post by Bowden Tiger »

I am a loss Sibarite why you believe that values and tradition that are part of Rugby are so wrong. I have no problem with singing, but it's the use of foul language that I dislike. For one it is offensive, and secondly it is illegal.
A few years ago I also used to go to Leicester City matches, and the atmosphere was very often frightening. Football has improved, but all too often reverts to its old levels, as recently, at West Ham and Man City.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rugby clubs try to be a family friendly area and rugby is a game where you can go and mix with supporters of the opposing side without any trouble. Football is another animal and more police are required.
The use of foul language is okay in the right environment but at a rugby game, where kids are peesent, it is not suitable. The stewards do deal with people who are being either abusive or using foul language.

Can we get back on topic please?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Its total tosh to say swearing shows a lack of intelligence. The conclusion that you jump to shows no ability to reason at all. I hope that deleted word wasn't swearing Iain. If it was you'v undermined your curmudgeonly cohorts.[/quote]

It certainly shows an inability to use language correctly. Swearing is for those moments of frustration when emphasis is needed. Sadly, most of us after a few fruit juices tend to get a bit too fruity and I don't think that's a problem confined to just Saints and Tigers.
It's also why those comedians who have to swear to get a laugh are not funny.[/quote]

They don't have to swear to get a laugh. Its about delivery and timing as well as audience response. The quality of vocal support at rugby games in general is poor. "Tigers, Tigers Tigers. Bristol, bristol, Bristol. Take off your M&S, Next outfits and be inventive. I talked to a Tigers player who was invited to a City game and he was shocked to hear the wit, humour and tolerance of the crowd. Tigers can get 20000 in the ground. Do they all have to be dull anoraks cow towing to the old guard. No they do not. Like it or not the money men want the popularity of the game to grow. If you don't like it head back to your local club which is still run on the lines of a stuffy golf club and be a giant there.[/quote]

Thanks Sibarite. Took it hook, line and sinker. Quite made my evening.
Cheers!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

This topic is meant to be discussing the game and has generated into a discussion about behaviour.

Please continue dsicussion on behaviour onthe thread in the Chit Chat forum.....some posts have been moved to Chit Chat thread.

http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewto ... 79#p654879

Thanks
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

I met with an ex-colleague today who is a Saints fan, but rarely goes to matches due to work commitments. He felt Leicester missed a real chance to go for a demoralising, for Saints, bonus point win. He felt that they had dragged Leicester into an arm wrestle, as they offered little in attack.
He was really honest in his summary, but added that a good thumping by the Tigers would have hastened the demise of the coaching team, and still cannot understand why they released King.
If we had moved a score further away, then we could have opened up, but I always felt that they were capable of a late try!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Bowden Tiger wrote:I met with an ex-colleague today who is a Saints fan, but rarely goes to matches due to work commitments. He felt Leicester missed a real chance to go for a demoralising, for Saints, bonus point win. He felt that they had dragged Leicester into an arm wrestle, as they offered little in attack.
He was really honest in his summary, but added that a good thumping by the Tigers would have hastened the demise of the coaching team, and still cannot understand why they released King.
If we had moved a score further away, then we could have opened up, but I always felt that they were capable of a late try!
Probably fair, but to be honest, it's what most of us expected. Tight, niggly and not very pretty.

As for Saints' coaching team, I think there will be some relief that Pat Lam has gone to get Bristol back up again on a very decent pay cheque. King going certainly hasn't helped things; maybe he wasn't the issue?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
Bowden Tiger wrote:I met with an ex-colleague today who is a Saints fan, but rarely goes to matches due to work commitments. He felt Leicester missed a real chance to go for a demoralising, for Saints, bonus point win. He felt that they had dragged Leicester into an arm wrestle, as they offered little in attack.
Probably fair, but to be honest, it's what most of us expected. Tight, niggly and not very pretty.

As for Saints' coaching team, I think there will be some relief that Pat Lam has gone to get Bristol back up again on a very decent pay cheque. King going certainly hasn't helped things; maybe he wasn't the issue?
My Saints mates certainly think King was kicked out by the old guard, and his loss can be gauged by their league position. All want Mallinder/West gone, and one even said 'if you don't want Cockers, can we have him, he'll sort things out' :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.