The Local Derby v Saints!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

The Local Derby v Saints!

Post by Soggypitch »

Well unless I'm going blind we don't yet have a thread on this Saturday's big game..

Should be a cracker, 5pm on a Saturday, under the lights, good forecast, near capacity crowd and two teams desperate for a win! Both missing some key players through injury, suspension (Saints!) and England.

Cockers said today Veainu is out with concussion :smt022 and we know Tait is out, so it will be a big test for Worth unless JPP is moved to 15?

My probable 23;

Genge, Youngs, Bateman
Slater, Kitchener
O'Connor, McCaffrey, Croft (if fit, if not Hamilton)
Harrison, Burns
Williams, Betham
JPP, Thompstone, Worth

Logo, Thacker, Cilliers, Fitzgerald, Evans, Kitto, Roberts, Brady.

Saints still have a good set of backs with Myler, Burrell, Pisi, Foden, North et al but they are short in the pack, without Lawes, Hartley, Wood, Harrison (probably), Clark, Brookes and probably Day who was concussed last week.

Really looking forward to the whole day, will be in the Local Hero at 2.30 for the England game, on the train from Mkt Harb with 20 mates, a hangover awaits on Sunday morning, I just hope that I reach for the Sunday papers and turn to the rugby section first, not last!!
Soggypitch
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The Local Derby v Saints!

Post by wormus »

Our Referee for this important game is Jean Paul Doyle, :smt045 with Assistants Luke Pearce (also a Ref.) and Wayne Falla - who I believe had a group "The Mindbenders!" :smt038
http://www.planetrugby.com/news/match-o ... ember-4-2/

Ellis Genge released from England squad & available on Saturday -
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Soggypitch wrote:Well unless I'm going blind we don't yet have a thread on this Saturday's big game..

Should be a cracker, 5pm on a Saturday, under the lights, good forecast, near capacity crowd and two teams desperate for a win! Both missing some key players through injury, suspension (Saints!) and England.

Cockers said today Veainu is out with concussion :smt022 and we know Tait is out, so it will be a big test for Worth unless JPP is moved to 15?

My probable 23;

Genge, Youngs, Bateman
Slater, Kitchener
Harrison, Burns
Williams, Betham
JPP, Thompstone, Worth

Saints still have a good set of backs with Myler, Burrell, Pisi, Foden, North et al but they are short in the pack, without Lawes, Hartley, Wood, Harrison (probably), Clark, Brookes and probably Day who was concussed last week.

Really looking forward to the whole day, will be in the Local Hero at 2.30 for the England game, on the train from Mkt Harb with 20 mates, a hangover awaits on Sunday morning, I just hope that I reach for the Sunday papers and turn to the rugby section first, not last!!
So no room for Manu then?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

wormus wrote:Our Referee for this important game is Jean Paul Doyle, :smt045 with Assistants Luke Pearce (also a Ref.) and Wayne Falla - who I believe had a group "The Mindbenders!" :smt038

Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders!!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

voice of the crumbie wrote:
Soggypitch wrote:Well unless I'm going blind we don't yet have a thread on this Saturday's big game..

My probable 23;

Genge, Youngs, Bateman
Slater, Kitchener
Harrison, Burns
Williams, Betham
JPP, Thompstone, Worth

So no room for Manu then?
Ah! A genuine oversight VOTC. Yes on the bench probably in place of Roberts.
Soggypitch
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I think that's close to what the team would be - with Manu on the bench obviously.

I suspect Fitz at 6 and Croft as impact sub though

Cant wait !!
Less is more....
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

tigercaspian wrote:
wormus wrote:Our Referee for this important game is Jean Paul Doyle, :smt045 with Assistants Luke Pearce (also a Ref.) and Wayne Falla - who I believe had a group "The Mindbenders!" :smt038

Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders!!
Thanks probably use the Mindbenders as water boys :smt035
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Soggypitch I think you'll find that Veianu is back from international duty this weekend and unless he's injured he would be my first choice at Fullback.Otherwise we'll have to hope our reserves are better than theirs. They should be as Saints have two of their better players missing through suspension as well as their internationals.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Noddy555 wrote:Soggypitch I think you'll find that Veianu is back from international duty this weekend
99.99% true........

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leice ... story.html

However, Veainu is unavailable for the Saints match after picking up a head injury with Tonga which could lead to a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

"The advice is that Telusa will have a period of stand down until the symptoms have gone," said Tigers director of rugby Richard Cockerill.

:smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Noddy555 wrote:Soggypitch I think you'll find that Veianu is back from international duty this weekend and unless he's injured he would be my first choice at Fullback.Otherwise we'll have to hope our reserves are better than theirs. They should be as Saints have two of their better players missing through suspension as well as their internationals.
Noddy - on the 4th line of my post I say that Veianu is out with concussion - otherwise yes he would be my first choice!!
Soggypitch
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Oh Noddy. How you keep us entertained.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

It's a good time to be playing Northampton given the players they have missing and their lack of confidence. And given our next three league games are against Exeter, Saracens and Wasps, it's absolutely vital we get the win. If you are that way inclined the bonus would be pushing Saints further down the table and much further from the play off places. Could we be the ones to nail Mallinder and West's coffin? More likely that will come if they are defeated in their next home fixture against Sale - more than just a possibility.

Back to Saturday though, I hope we blast them early doors like we did last year but this time defend better.
KUSADASI TIGER

Post by KUSADASI TIGER »

"Thanks probably use the Mindbenders as water boys :smt035"

i think the Waterboys will be over the moon ,the whole of the Moon
be happy and save energy a smile uses less muscles than a frown
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Only the Crescent! :smt001
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Soggypitch I think you'll find that Veianu is back from international duty this weekend
99.99% true........

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leice ... story.html

However, Veainu is unavailable for the Saints match after picking up a head injury with Tonga which could lead to a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

"The advice is that Telusa will have a period of stand down until the symptoms have gone," said Tigers director of rugby Richard Cockerill.

:smt023
Did Tonga rush him back too soon after the knock he suffered in his last game for Tigers?