Bristol match thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Bristol match thread

Post by Iain »

While I remember, it turns out this isn't on the tellybox.

You'll need either a Bet365 account or find a sub-legal stream.
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

God bless the bbc....

"In another alteration for Leicester, Will Evans comes in for Marcus Ayerza, who is unavailable after picking up a calf strain which will keep him out for "at least two or three weeks" according to Tigers director of rugby Richard Cockerill."

Im guessing Evans has had a good week bulking.
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

See Rob Hawkins is on their bench. Thought he'd retired from Falcons and joined the local Constabulary.
Give blood, play rugby!!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

wardy wrote:See Rob Hawkins is on their bench. Thought he'd retired from Falcons and joined the local Constabulary.
He's been a Community copper waiting for a berth in the big boys AFAIK, so called in at no small £££ as a stopgap.

I am quite excited to be going to Brizzle tomorrow!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

With a vocal home crowd on a cold Friday night, Tigers will need to be fully focussed. Seems that Cocker is wary. Briz have been putting in better performances lately, and their last, at Bath, will have given them some confidence.

Nice to see Manu back in the squad - just hope that he gets through unscaythed.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

We look a bit weak in the front row to me when our starters get subbed or carded!
Bristol look weak at half back judging by recent TV viewings . Fingers crossed .
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Results wise this is a no win game. Even if we spank them by 50 and take 5 points it will just be deemed as expected.

Where it could be useful is having a look at Hamilton @ 8 and Worth @ 15, game time for Evans, Genge facing his past and getting Manu on the pitch. Small wins besides hopefully doing the expected in terms of result.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Soggypitch wrote:Yes a good team, hopefully O'Connor just rested, likewise McCaffrey who is on the bench.
Fantastic to see Manu back, hope he has a good 20 mins at 13, not 12, and shows he is ready to start v Saints next week.

I've asked this before but does anyone know if JPP, Veainu and Logo are back next week?
JPP is still not in this weeks SA team 23 - at least he will come back refreshed for Saints.http://www.planetrugby.com/news/coetzee ... changes-2/
No further International games for Tonga & Samoa so Veainu & Wooly Pully should be back + a rested O'Connor & M Williams?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

wormus wrote:
Soggypitch wrote:Yes a good team, hopefully O'Connor just rested, likewise McCaffrey who is on the bench.
Fantastic to see Manu back, hope he has a good 20 mins at 13, not 12, and shows he is ready to start v Saints next week.

I've asked this before but does anyone know if JPP, Veainu and Logo are back next week?
JPP is still not in this weeks SA team 23 - at least he will come back refreshed for Saints.http://www.planetrugby.com/news/coetzee ... changes-2/
No further International games for Tonga & Samoa so Veainu & Wooly Pully should be back + a rested O'Connor & M Williams?
Samoa play Canada on Friday night and Tonga play Italy on Saturday afternoon. I believe Veianu sustained an injury vs USA.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

sapajo wrote:
wormus wrote:

Samoa play Canada on Friday night and Tonga play Italy on Saturday afternoon. I believe Veianu sustained an injury vs USA.
Agreed but Soggypitch asked about next week 2-4 Dec. not this weekend :smt023
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

The Tram selected should be strong enough to bring back a bonus point win, but does Manu's selection on the bench point to a lack of match fitness or are there still problems in the groin area? Anyway I hope he gets at least 20 mins match time.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Noddy555 wrote:The Tram selected should be strong enough to bring back a bonus point win, but does Manu's selection on the bench point to a lack of match fitness or are there still problems in the groin area? Anyway I hope he gets at least 20 mins match time.

So we're planning to run them over then or is this a reference to Manu's wrecking ball skills? :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:The Tram selected should be strong enough to bring back a bonus point win, but does Manu's selection on the bench point to a lack of match fitness or are there still problems in the groin area? Anyway I hope he gets at least 20 mins match time.
To clarify, you're asking if the man who has been out since early September is short of match fitness?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Iain wrote:
To clarify, you're asking if the man who has been out since early September is short of match fitness?
:smt044 :smt045 :smt043
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I wonder if we will see a similar scoreline to when we last played them which was in 2009.
We won 73-3 :smt002